LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

I think I'd rather have a DS than my Wii... wanna know why?

My first game system was the big ol' grey brick Gameboy with Zelda: Link's Awakening included...

Then I got Gameboy Pocket - and gathered up Tetris, Joust/Defender, Mario and the 8 coins (something like that), Star Trek: TNG, Jurrassic Park, Pokemon Red, and Donkey Kong

Then came Gameboy Color and along with it a new Mario Game, and Pokemon Silver, among other things like Zeda: Oracle of Seasons.

BUt my life CHANGED when I got Gameboy Advance: It was a BEAUTIFUL DAY! Rayman was amazing. Then I got THPS. Then GOLDEN SUN canged my life. Metroid Fusion kept me up for days.

Gameboy has always been by my side since it's spinach green screen came before my eyes.

I've owned Playstation, Playstation 2, SNES, N64, Gamecube, 360, and either returned or sold them all, either to gamestop (remember funcoland?) or on eBay (more recently).

So yes I beat Twilight princess, and just today I bought Red Steel. I will tell you right now Oracle of Seasons and Link's Awakening are truly the best Zelda's in my eyes, and TP didn't come CLOSE to the amazing depth of Oracle of seasons: I MEAN YOU COULD CHANGE THE FRIGGIN SEASONS!

I remember going to the playground and sitting on the jungle gym and playing gameboy or in the car on road trips, or ont he airplane on trips to Europe. I remember showing Gameboy Color to kids in Poland. The truth is that console gaming does not satisfy me, nor will it ever. Theres just something magical bout being hunched over a tiny screen, reading text as it beeps and boops, and moving in only 4 directions.

I have and always will be a handheld gamer. I look at the display DS in Walmart and want one SO BAD. I think, that after some careful consideration, I might just sell my Wii, pocket some money, and go out and do the right thing: Buy a DS.

Has anyone here had a similar experience with the Gameboy?
    Last edited by southpark2033; 01-18-2007 at 10:49 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    If you like the DS better, buy it. Not much use in asking our opinions to determine what you do.

Member #
    Friends
    2188-6506-5465-4428
    So why are you telling us this you tool.

Writersmuster - -No External Links

Worldwide Writers connected

Am I Losing Friends? +Maniacal=Maniac+'s Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    4516-7863-9846-6018
    Go For It! It's Your Own Opinion!

Meh

Member #
    Friends
    Well I was trying to see if anyone had similar experiences with disliking consoles - please dont call me a tool b/c of that.

Member #
    Friends
    2188-6506-5465-4428
    I do like my handhelds but it's like listening to the ipod all the time. You get sick of looking into a tiny screen. Nothing beats a good single player console game out of the big tv screen.

Writersmuster - -No External Links

Worldwide Writers connected

Member #
    Friends
    i disliked the wii, needed more hardcore games and didnt like controls (bought GC for RE, ive had a past of the more intense crazy games)

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Member #
    Friends
    0882-4030-9133-6768
    yeah i was like you a few years ago, with my GBASP fire emblem and golden sun were the best, i liked those better than my console rpgs

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by A RAND0M TAC0
    yeah i was like you a few years ago, with my GBASP fire emblem and golden sun were the best, i liked those better than my console rpgs
    True Dat! Golden Sun was the shiZ! I remember getting the Gaia Sword I was so H A P P Y!

Member #
    Friends
    4286-5777-6206-6320
    Quote Originally Posted by christicehurst
    I do like my handhelds but it's like listening to the ipod all the time. You get sick of looking into a tiny screen. Nothing beats a good single player console game out of the big tv screen.
    I concur. I have the ds and the wii and both are cool in thier own way. I haven't beaten tp but I think that every zelda that has come out has it's own advancements. If I were you, I save up and get a ds because nintendo will link the two somehow and trust I when I say it will most likely be off da chain. Just my .02
    NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Gameboy, GB pocket, GB color, GB advance, DS, PS1, PS2, PSP, Xbox, Xbox 360, Dreamcast....
    Yep...I own them all!

Ads