Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by minto
    a YEAR I DONT THINK SO

THE Game cube has online capabilities, but it never materialized. i never envision a great online process with the Wii. we will get supersmash brothers online and what ever the next Mario Kart will be, but it will never be the staple of their being like it is with the 360.

Banned ToadIsDoingMagicMushrooms's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    8263-8201-5467-9061
    HAHAHAHA! He changed the question because of the negative comments!

Member #
    Friends
    6805-9706-8131-1123
    lack of online capabilites? The only thing that the internet lacks on the wii is it has too many bugs, like freezing or going back to the home page when i dont want it too, some pages wont load after i click it, and some things wont load up.
    But then again this is the trial version or the first version, so im pretty sure they are fixing these bugs and it wont happen in the final version.

^ Chicago... My kind of town ^

SSBB Friend Code - 0602-5991-1331

Member #
    Friends
    I have a lot of confidence in the Wii's online capabilities, and I'll tell you why: The Wii is the ONLY console on the market right now which is MAKING money. The Wii nets Nintendo around 50$(US) a console, compared with a loss of around $200-$300 for both the PS3 and the 360 (this is taking the sale price and subtracting the estimated production cost per unit). That translates into capital that can be used for a lot different things, and I would bet with the impressive state of Microsoft's online system, that would be the next target for Nintendo.

Member #
    Friends
    8519-5958-2548-7600
    just curious, for the google browser, does it appear in full screen? On my 58" HDTV, it seem to just be in the middle of the screen and a black outline on the sides and the top.
    wii code: 8519-5958-2548-7600
    xbox live: mugenrd1

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by saintjo
    In my opinion, online was a key part of their strategy, but not a priority in their development. Nintendo felt they just had to give the illusion or hope of online capability at launch.

Friend Codes: Pain, but keeps unwanted people getting on your lists.

Online Multiplayer: None so far. Only 2 games at this point I know even planned are some Pokemon game and Mario Strikers. Neither of these I would buy. I realize people say give them some time, but this is sad. They didnt even make the SDK available to 3rd party software companies until after the 11/19 release.

Forcast Channel: Very cool idea, but had to wait a month though for a very simple application. Cool, but I never use it.

New Channel: Still not implemented. Again, this should not be a hard application to make.

Internet Channel: Cool I can surf on my tv, but I rarely do it. Its too hard to read the words even on my 50 inch.

Update-able firmware: Great feature and the only one used to its potential so far.

The online throws so much more potential out there, but Nintendo seems to be dragging their feet on implementing it.
    I guess you miss that fact that Battalion Wars and AC are going to be online plus many others.

All you are doing is complaing (all of you) Ninty has gave us a kick ass sytem, it was only fully launced like over a month ago, give them a chance fking hell.

News channel is out on Sat.

Trading my Wii again! Come on home 360!
    Games: Metroid Prime 3, Super Paper Mario, Ghost Squad, Link's Crossbow Training + Wii Zapper, Geometry Wars, Battalion Wars 2

Member #
    Friends
    the friend code thing is important. it filters out riff-raff and ensures that only two people who are aware of one another are able to communicate. but thats just my opinion though.

The key to immortality is first living a life
    worth remembering. - Bruce Lee

PSN ID: Byuakuya

Member #
    Friends
    7740-5070-1158-5119
    Quote Originally Posted by eclipticrider
    or do you mean the lack there of... lemme see, you can browse the web but can't use keyboard and mouse... download updates of which there are no new ones now, and buy and download classic nintendo games which i think is the best online feature yet but there is a lack of games to download at the moment...

overall the online function needs... more...

just my opinion though...
    Gaming will be out in march, probly with a Mic and other things. Give it time.
    Wii on 25/12/06 - Ps3 on 10/07/07

PSWii Owner
    Brawl: 1976-9887-4438 Bowser Player

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent-Sniper
    going to be online
    exactly, going to be online. and that is where they messed up in my opinion.

i 100% agree the wii is the best console i have ever owned, i highly recommend it to all my friends. but my opinion is nintendo messed up on their implementation of online stuff. doesnt mean, i hate nintendo. doesnt mean i hate the wii. doesnt mean i dont go home and play zelda and have a great time.

in 3-6 months, this wont be any issue. and it obviously isnt hurting sales. but it could have been handled "better"

Member #
    Friends
    7465-5725-9905-8259
    What about Mario Kart DS? They had that random race match up... it just grapped random people from around the world and you started racing!

<<<< Add to my reputation if i helped you! (Its the scales)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dougamer
    The next person knows i know what they know about me knowing that they know about them-selfs knowing i know about knowing.

Ads