LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Hot Deal, or Cheap Steal??

I recently was sent an email by gamestop advertising this deal: "Earn a $50 credit towards the purchase of a new Wii system when you trade-in your old GameCube"

When I read that I became extatic, because I have been looking for a deal like this. I was halfway to the car before I actually began to think this through. The Wii is supposed to be getting a $50 price cut pretty soon, correct? Any word on HOW soon? Seems like Gamestop may be putting this ad up just before the price cut to steal a couple gc (for w/e they are worth). If the price cut is coming soon than I will be able to get my Wii for $200 still, and make roughly $20 of my cube.

I was planning on waiting until the price cut, new color wiis were available, AND they added dvd-capability because I just got a BUNCH of GC games that should last me for a LONG time. So, my questions are, how soon is the Wii's price going to be reduced to $200, AND how soon will DVD capability be added to the Wii.

By the way, the deal ends on the 28, so I need to make a decision, and FAST!! Thanks for the help.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    7791-8243-5459-4780
    Quote Originally Posted by Borch712ers
    I recently was sent an email by gamestop advertising this deal: "Earn a $50 credit towards the purchase of a new Wii system when you trade-in your old GameCube"

When I read that I became extatic, because I have been looking for a deal like this. I was halfway to the car before I actually began to think this through. The Wii is supposed to be getting a $50 price cut pretty soon, correct? Any word on HOW soon? Seems like Gamestop may be putting this ad up just before the price cut to steal a couple gc (for w/e they are worth). If the price cut is coming soon than I will be able to get my Wii for $200 still, and make roughly $20 of my cube.

I was planning on waiting until the price cut, new color wiis were available, AND they added dvd-capability because I just got a BUNCH of GC games that should last me for a LONG time. So, my questions are, how soon is the Wii's price going to be reduced to $200, AND how soon will DVD capability be added to the Wii.

By the way, the deal ends on the 28, so I need to make a decision, and FAST!! Thanks for the help.
    I say sell it and any un-needed games and accessories on ebay or the like. Otherwise depends on how badly you really want that Wii. IMO it's not worth it to trade my gamecube in since I've modded it and can run homebrew on it. In your case you might just as well anyway. It's really your choice, no one REALLY knows for sure when a price cut is coming.
    DFI Lanparty UT NF4 SLI-DR Expert (ocz tony's latest)
    AMD Opteron 165 Denmark CCBBE 0615 EPMW w/ Corsair Nautilus 500 @ 322x9@ 1.45v
    2x Patriot 1024MB PC-4000 [3-4-4-8]
    XFX Geforce 7900GS Extreme 256MB PCI-E x16 @ 620/820
    Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS Gamer Edition
    Seagate 750GB - SATA | Maxtor 200GB - PATA
    NEC Black DVD+/-RW ND-3550A - | Lite on DVD+/-RW SOHW 1633S
    OCZ GameXStream 600watt

Member #
    Friends
    6284-7358-9967-2086
    dude. play your gamecube games ON THE WII.

the 50 bucks is good. we only give like 20 bucks store credit for a gamecube. this 50 bucks is a steal.

the dvd and new colors wont coem for a long while.

and the price cut PROBALLY wont happen. i mean the xbox has been 400 since launch. and the wii is too good of a system to drop. the only reason gamecube had a drop was cause it wasnt selling.

so i mean you might as well trade in the gc. you can do everything on a gc on the wii.
    greenbean break down.
    green = irish
    bean = mexican

Member #
    Friends
    ^really?^ I didnt think you could use a gc gameshark (by far the biggest thing i do on gc is ssbm gameshark cheats). Please tell me if you can use a gc gameshark on the wii whyll playing gc games.

Member #
    Friends
    6284-7358-9967-2086
    it should. i mean id ont see why not. it goes into the memory card slot. and the wii has two gc slots. so i dont see why not.

if i had one*gameshark* id try it out for you. ahha
    greenbean break down.
    green = irish
    bean = mexican

Member #
    Friends
    ^^Okay, thanks. Can anyone verify that? Can anyone else answer the original two questions?

thanks everyone.

Member #
    Friends
    6031-8713-1077-8188
    nah it just came out..price cuts wont be will next year 2008!
    iMac 2.4ghz Aluminum, 4GB iPhone, 12 iPods!

Member #
    Friends
    i wouldnt be surprised if it didnt drop past 2008

Member #
    Friends
    ^^Have you not heard the rumors of a mid 07 $50 price drop? They are all over the place. What I was asking is if they are JUST rumors or if they have any meat to them.

Also, anybody know when DVD playback is coming? Mid 07 is the last I heard, so I thought that they might do the price drop, dvd playback addition, and send out the new colored wiis at the same time.

Anybody else got any info??

Ads