Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Your Story

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Your Story

Hello, it's your bro! I know that this has probably already been done a dozen times, but hey, why not an official place for us to tell our stories of how we got the wii? So here's my story, I'd like to read what you fellow wii owners have to say out there.

It was early morning of November 19th 2006. I had tried everything, ordering off the internet, trying to get into a few lines, nothing worked! I couldn't give up though. I was there when the Wii was first announced, when it was unveiled, when it had the name REVOLUTION! I had to have it.
    I left early that morning to see if there wer any open lines. I did find oen, it was at ZELLERS. There were only a few people there, so I took my place in SEVENTH.
    As hours went by, we grew ancious to know how many wii's were available. More people came to the line, but only a few of us would get the wii today. Eventually, the manager announced that they only had SEVEN WII's!
    I froze- I'm seventh, there's seven wii's, wait a minute- I GOT ONE! I cheered as did those ahead of me in line. Immediatly we signed our names on a list to assure ownership of a wii. The stored opened, and we happily walked in single file. We each received our wii's. I will cherish it forever, as I will that moment. I was one of the few, the lucky, the proud, Wii Owners.

-kind of corny if I don't say so myself...

2. Ads

CU Guild For Life! :DDD WiiWouldLike2Play's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    2881-3576-4343-5770
    YES this was yesterday..

okay..

4 hrs. of sleep yesterday.. woke up at 6AM.. went to Target. and waited for 2 hrs for it to open at 8AM.. then they said they had none.. so then my dad drove to Best Buy.. waited in line for 3 hrs. because best buy opens at 11AM.. and then some Best buy dude came out and had 36 pieces of paper.. he was telling us how WE GOT THE WII!! woo.. well yeah.. i was the 22nd person to get mine outta 36 wii people! WOOOO.... i met some guys too while waiting in the line! yayy.

_December 19th, o8`_
    My amazing Games
    CounterStrike || Left 4 Dead || World of Warcraft: Lich King.
    Steam ID: APPLExCHiCk
    Wanna play CounterStrike/Left4Dead? Hit me up (:
    WoW - Realm/Vashj || Character/Zaduka || Horde, ftw!
    Status - O_o Just got back guys. Nice to see you all again!

wii chat's chakat! chakat assasain!'s Avatar
    Member #
    look up past the moon, you will see chakona ;)
    Friends
    2843-2333-6623-2881
    well... took me awhile but...

I woke up at 5:00 AM then went to EB games with some tim hortons food to keep me awake, 3 hours of complete bordome later a dilevery man walked by and knocked on the door to EB games, he was gonn leave until I came up and told him they were there, they were just in the back and coulden't see or hear him... he said he would come back at 10:00 AM when everything was open. at 8:00 AM I went into bulk barn that was next to it and got a stewarts fountain classics , then at 10:00 AM EB games opened, there were only two people in line for the wii, me and some randome person , we hoped for two in, and when the delivery man came he had two playstation 3's.... AND TWO WII'S!!!! we both got our wii's and now, I am a proud owner of a nintendo wii! and the thing that made everything even BETTER was that I got D-link wireless internet in 2005, so now I have the wii and internet! .
    gah! I can't find a signature!
    my wii register code is 2843-2333-6623-2881, add me to your register! my nickname is tenakakhan.

reputation with games:
    microsoft/xbox's:0!!!!
    sony/playstation's:10 (Dance dance revolution)
    nintendo:1000000000000000000(YAY!!!! GO NINTENDO!!)

Member #
    Friends
    2011-9992-2025-2233
    I went and pre-orderd mine at myer, Walked in gave them my recipt and hey what do you no i got a wii.........
    If You Add My Wii Code, Please PM me with your code so i can add you. THANKS

Member #
    Friends
    6511-1991-9046-9626
    i went to work at big w early, went to the consoles area, and put one on layby, got it a couple days after christmas. only got it online on thursday.

Member #
    Friends
    My parents were on hold forever with walmart on monday december the 18th. they said they got in 6 wii's . my dad hurried over, he was the 5th person out of 6th.
    Wii bring the hardCORE!

Member #
    Friends
    7404-0035-3816-1331
    Well if you must know...

I got my Wii on December the 17'th. My dad came home from a gig that he was playing in Baltimore, so he picked me up from a friend house at 2 AM, and we went to Best Buy. He called the night before, and they said the had 55, my dad took a head count and saw that we were 32. So, cool, I believed that we were going to get one for sure. But then, as we got their to my dismay, people were talking about the Best Buy only having 22! But, we waited...and waited for 6 hours. Then, the manager came out at 8 AM and passed out tickets to everyone, but I was asleep in the car, non-aware that the manager was passing out tickets. Luckily my dad was there, so he ran to the car , dragged me out, and there I was handed the last ticket they had. And so, I did a little victory dance, then claimed my Wii.

And it all payed off

Wiichats BIGGER Metal Head
    Don't listen to Mr.Resi, Chad Smith owns Thrasher!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wii_Smurf
    Just so many threads about the same problems day after day. They get on top of you like a horny prostitute

The_Loose_Cannon
    i typed this story to another thread but ill type it again cause im just so overly happy that i got one on "pure karma"

basically i was told that my local target had recieved a whole pallet of wiis so my bf and i quickly jumped in our car and drove on down. the kids that worked here were as useless as tits on a bull and did nothing to help us. also, their wii set up display was completely ransacked. not a thing was there no accessories NOTHING (just a few games)

with that being a bust, we went to best buy 10 mins before they opend (due to holiday hours they opend at 10 not 9) and we walked right in and the sales associate told my bf and i that if anyone was looking for a nintendo wii they were towards the back of the store. vola we got one just as the sales associate was unpacking them from the bozes.

YAY HAPPY DAY!

Member #
    Friends
    3643-7776-8925-9557
    Haha, mine beats all of yours.

I offhandedly mentioned to my parents at like, easter, about the Wii.

Christmas morning, I get 2 wiimotes, LoZ:TP, and a Wii.

My voice will be hoarse from heckling all of you who waited in line! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Please message me if you add my friend code so I can add you. Thank you. That is all.

The_Loose_Cannon
    oh no i dont wait on line nuh uh! lol i abuse my badge big time! but alas, i didnt have to do that move. there were about 6 people outside with me that morning (about a few days after christmas? deff before new years) and they were all looking for the DS. had NO interest in the wii

Ads