Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5361-7973-5682-6452
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaded Spriter
    Hey Jools - you properly haven't tried calling them but I suggest you should - because nothing gets the job done quicker than TV cameras.

I suggest you call Watchdog - you know the BBC consumer report program. They would properly love to jump on this story.
    I agree!!

Member #
    Friends
    7791-8243-5459-4780
    Amazon's A to Z guarantee saved my ass a time or two with matters like this.

If it's a no go, file a chargeback. {Hopfully you used a credit card}
    DFI Lanparty UT NF4 SLI-DR Expert (ocz tony's latest)
    AMD Opteron 165 Denmark CCBBE 0615 EPMW w/ Corsair Nautilus 500 @ 322x9@ 1.45v
    2x Patriot 1024MB PC-4000 [3-4-4-8]
    XFX Geforce 7900GS Extreme 256MB PCI-E x16 @ 620/820
    Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS Gamer Edition
    Seagate 750GB - SATA | Maxtor 200GB - PATA
    NEC Black DVD+/-RW ND-3550A - | Lite on DVD+/-RW SOHW 1633S
    OCZ GameXStream 600watt

Member #
    Friends
    thats a total bummer. I am going to go contact those 2 guys in the Wii commercial and tell them to go kick their ass.

Member #
    Friends
    6825-6610-9310-1313
    Jools,

I completely empathise with you on this - I tried to buy one on ebay before xmas for 310 - paid with paypal straight away and the next day once the payment had gone thru, ebay contacted me and said the account had been hacked and to cancel the payment "we accept no liability for payments already processed....." Thanks ebay you're nearly as helpful as Amazon apparently.

I was lucky this time and just managed to get my cash back via credit card fraud division stopping and investigating and, strangely enough out of the blue, ebay informed me that the payment had been reversed by the hacked accountee! Although I will say that paypal didn't even respond to my attempts to email or ring them!?!

COULD THE MODS PUT THIS AS A STICKY TO HIGHLIGHT THE SCAMMER DETAILS PLEASE...

Good luck. It's a crappy feeling getting ripped off, especially for something you actually want!!
    ---Smithy...
    "This IS the difference over the other systems....graphics can make you believe you're there to some extent but motion gesture can make you believe you're doing it!"

Member #
    Friends
    7512-5435-6929-3231
    Quote Originally Posted by acphydro
    Amazon's A to Z guarantee saved my ass a time or two with matters like this.

If it's a no go, file a chargeback. {Hopfully you used a credit card}
    Yeah defiantly file a claim with Amazon, I would have thought the A to Z should cover this type of incident(I have used it before for items not received).

Member #
    Friends

Yes, they are responsible.

Amazon must be held responsible. These companies that allow scam artists to advertise on their site are secretly making money and looking the other way. Amazon made money from your loss. I suggest finding a lawyer who is willling to start a lawsuit or class action lawsuit. Write a letter to Amazon and see if they can refund you the money you lost from "trying their sponsored link". The fact that the Amazon site says to "try their sponsored link" means they are responsible. A sponsorship is a partnership.
    Last edited by Wiiaretheworld; 01-26-2007 at 03:52 PM.

Certified Public Asshole Kamikaze's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    1130-2954-1680-3052
    I've nearly been credit card scammed, and here's a helpful FYI for next time. Do not do any phone orders or give credit card/debit through the phone. Only trust sites if it's PayPal certified. And if it is, and it happens to be a "scam", you can simply contact PayPal and they would deal with the rest.

If I don't know you, and if I don't talk to you on the forums, don't send me a friend request. I won't add you and will not give you an explanation.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by jools007
    Hello fellow gamers. I am writing this post to ward anyone away from a Scam that i'm sorry to say myself and a friend have both fallen for.

I looked on Amazon.co.uk to try and purchase a Wii. They said out of stock - but please try our sponsored links. There was a link to a company called www.instockconsoles.co.uk I called and spoke to a very convincing man who told me he could do a great deal. I've subsequently realised this is a scam company and am gutted that I have fallen for it. Needly to say I never got my wii, nor did my friens. They are still operating!! I've been in contact with the police, trading standards people, website hosts, phone number hosts and i'm trying my best to bring them to justice.

Their numerer is UK 0700 5947 445 Please feel free to call and give them a peice of you mind, (if you call about an existing order they hang up, but if you start by saying you want to place a new order, they are nice as pie). I called saying I was going to find them and they had the arrogance to say "good luck" and put the phone down on me.

Also I am reaching out to the web community to try and find if anyone has any advice of how to nail these people who have really made my angry and upset. I have their webhost details, their phone host details, addresses, names - and they are all being investigated, but its bound to all be fake. Any techy's out there, anyone with similar experiences, i'd love to hear from you. All help and advice welcome.

Lets stop these kind of rogues together...

Kind regards

Jools
    l2p newb even the name is scammy like: winafreeipod.com

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Member #
    Friends
    I haven't bought anything from Amazon.com ever since they started selling used items from outside sellers. Not worth the risk.

Member #
    Friends
    6031-8713-1077-8188

oh

anyone tried calling the number again?
    iMac 2.4ghz Aluminum, 4GB iPhone, 12 iPods!

Ads