LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by csiguy4u
    News sites don't rate their news like TV shows so why do you think they are going to start to just for Nintendo? You go to google News or CNN.com and I don't see any sort of filter; that's because everybody is smart enough not click on the link of any headline that might be objectionable. . .maybe you should try that.
    First I am not upset, but I was surprised and caught off guard. I should have reviewed the content myself before I started it up with my son and didn't know the ropes yet and was unable to navigate around items I wanted to skip.

I don't expect anybody to change for Nintendo, that is silly to even suggest. But yes, Google, Yahoo, Outlook, Digg, RSS, etc. do have tools that allow me to search for terms in news items I want and I can filter out those I don't in my reader.

It just seems like it would be a good idea to build in filter and search terms in this new tool from Nintendo.
    Perhaps, like "safe search" from Google, Nintendo could supply a prebuilt "safe news" filter that would be setup under through parental controls.
    Last edited by xstatic; 01-27-2007 at 12:24 PM.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    7791-8243-5459-4780
    Quote Originally Posted by AW4L
    heh. and people started complaining that the Wii was too kid-oriented.
    That is pretty funny and true.

But I do agree with the OP, lots of kids are gonna have nintendo Wii's to play with too and as such there should be a way to filter out adult news content.
    DFI Lanparty UT NF4 SLI-DR Expert (ocz tony's latest)
    AMD Opteron 165 Denmark CCBBE 0615 EPMW w/ Corsair Nautilus 500 @ 322x9@ 1.45v
    2x Patriot 1024MB PC-4000 [3-4-4-8]
    XFX Geforce 7900GS Extreme 256MB PCI-E x16 @ 620/820
    Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS Gamer Edition
    Seagate 750GB - SATA | Maxtor 200GB - PATA
    NEC Black DVD+/-RW ND-3550A - | Lite on DVD+/-RW SOHW 1633S
    OCZ GameXStream 600watt

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Personally, I myself don't enjoy looking at those headlines.
    Makes me feel like my wii is filthy or something and that the media has to find innapropriate things to make a little bit of money.

I looked in the parental controls, myself (a 17 year-old teen -- who'da thunk it!?) found nothing on censoring innapropriate stuff.

I don't like anything vulgar, so until Nintendo can give us something to let us censor some of it, I'll just not use the channel, yo.

And for the record, I only watch Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, TV Land, and Discovery channel.
    That's how vulgar I am.
    That turtle has a brief case. It must be going to work. I hope it has a good day.

Member #
    Friends
    God i love these people, When the hell are these people going to take responsiblity for their own children. Who the hell do you think you are thinking that its now everyone elses responsiblity to look after what your kid is able to do with whatever device. Bad things were around when we were kids too, nudity in movies, stories of murder etc. Like i said above dont blame nintendo your your lack of tact in dealing with what your kid can and cant access on the internet or elsewhere. Take your complaint and stuff it, Wuss

Boredom at it's best Bulldogxx831's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    4046-8847-6412-2793
    Quote Originally Posted by csiguy4u
    WTF. . .the news is real life; you shouldn't be shielding your kids from it unless you want them to live at home forever. AP news isn't rated likes games, movies, and tv shows so you just might as well just delete the channel or wake up to real life and let you kids read it if they damn well please to.
    Dude, their 7. I actually agree with you on this as my mother shielded me from the news until i was 12 and thats just stupid. I think 9 or 10 is a good age to get kids intrested in the World but not at 7 were the only problem in their lives are "cooties."

Member #
    Friends
    7808-6544-1890-2927
    news is news and people should know about it. even if it is stupid/irrelevant/vulgar. lol

Ads