LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    ok, none of the developers have yet tried to get good graphics. The systems only been out two months. The games that have come out so far were only concerned with releasing the games. They could've held the games longer and made the graphics better, but they knew we'd but every game anyway, which is true. Now that all the hype is dying down, you'll see developers putting some real effort into games. Personally, i can't wait for Black.

Member #
    Friends
    7740-5070-1158-5119
    Man why are there so many complainers?

LAUNCH TITLES!!!!! Games are never usually good in the first few months, developers are more excited with the control capabilities then the graphics.

Wait till they learn how to max out the Wii's capabilities, then if you dont like it you can complain..

You all really gotta read more into releases and stuff before whining.

PS: Zelda: TP was good gfx for a launch title. (especially since it was designed for GC)
    Last edited by PtonJalken; 01-27-2007 at 04:04 PM.
    Wii on 25/12/06 - Ps3 on 10/07/07

PSWii Owner
    Brawl: 1976-9887-4438 Bowser Player

Member #
    Friends
    I whole heartedly agree with you. The Wiiís graphics are rather lacking. Zelda looks nice. However, it never really did much to leave an impression on me graphically. Although it was originally designed for the Gamecube, I still feel it could have looked better.

Iím sure the Wiiís hardware will be put to more efficient use in the near future. However, we canít necessarily use the fact that they are launch titles, when comparing them with their next-gen brethren. The PS3ís arsenal of games are all launch titles as well, need I remind everyone. Therefore, the full potential of the PS3 will be utilized as well. On average we can determine that as the Wiiís graphics improve the PS3ís will at the same rate. Through this ratio, the difference between the qualities of their graphics will remain roughly the same.

This really dawned on me after playing Call of Duty 3 on my Xbox360 and then playing my friends copy for the Wii. After seeing the steep graphical difference, I will never play CoD 3 for the Wii again. The Wii struggles to match the raw graphical powers of the 360 and PS3. We can pretty much deem that all 3rd party ports to the console will be very lacking in the visual department.

But then again, who bought the Wii for graphics?

BTW:
    Gears of War has been technically tested to currently have the most advanced graphics in the gaming industry. Computer games can only look as well as they are made to, despite the hardware. Iím sure this will change with Vista and Direct X10.

Member #
    Friends
    0710-2343-2773-8881
    Although the graphics may not be that much better than the GC, they are a hell of alot funner. The Wii has introduced me into this whole new stage where I'm having LOADS of more fun than Ive ever had on any console.
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, ďYou know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but Iím just not close enough to get the job done.Ē
    - George Carlin

Member #
    Friends
    I understand they are launch titles and im am not whining by any means i love my nintendo wii and didn't mind waiting 16 hours in the cold for it. Now i am however just upset with the game designing companys i just believe they could put some more effort in to the games thats all.

Ads