LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Sony: Wii Nothing More Than 'Impulse Buy'

Sony lashes another insult at Nintendo... but I'm not sure it can even be called an insult.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3156850

Member #
    Friends
    8288-8038-4521-3885
    an impulse buy i have known for like 2+ years i was going to buy a wii the day they came out so there you go sony i just proved you wrong

\/\/ii'd Out For Life dedpoet777's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0792-2476-6769-9631
    i started to post a thread about this too. but every time i do i get accused of "ps3 bashing". so anyway, yeah thats garbage. sony is full of complete idiots. theyre just pissed because their console is failing to the company practically started it all. im proud of nintendo for getting back into this. their console is going to smoke the rest of them in sales. and its half the power, but twice the brilliance.

i love it.
    \/\/ho's Got

Wii: Super Mario Galaxy, Zelda:Twilight Princess, \/\/ii Sports, \/\/ario \/\/are, Tiger \/\/oods:07, \/\/ii Play, Super paper Mario, Prince of Persia, Game Party//-//3 Remotes, 2 Chuks, Retro Skin
    DS:Zelda Phantom hourglass, New Super Mario Bros, Tetris DS, Brain Age, Brain Age 2, Touchmaster, Big Brain Academy, Mario Kart DS, Castlevania:Portrait of Time//Retro Skin, Switch&Carry Digital Camou Case.

Member #
    Friends
    I think they're just trying to insinuate that the Wii's success will only be for the short term (temporary) and that over time it'll get edged out by what Sony believe to be more superior gaming consoles.

I dont believe the Wii to be a gimmick or an impulse buy, but it's early days for the console so who knows in what way consumers will shift.

\/\/ii'd Out For Life dedpoet777's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0792-2476-6769-9631
    Quote Originally Posted by i0n
    I think they're just trying to insinuate that the Wii's success will only be for the short term (temporary) and that over time it'll get edged out by what Sony believe to be more superior gaming consoles.

I dont believe the Wii to be a gimmick or an impulse buy, but it's early days for the console so who knows in what way consumers will shift.
    yep. and the only way it will get edged out is if the price falls waaaaaay down. and even then i doubt it. the wii has brought people into gaming that havent picked up a controller since the nes, girls, grandmas, you name it. i think most people are tired of using their thumbs and want to start using some real coordination. and it is just so intuitive.
    \/\/ho's Got

Wii: Super Mario Galaxy, Zelda:Twilight Princess, \/\/ii Sports, \/\/ario \/\/are, Tiger \/\/oods:07, \/\/ii Play, Super paper Mario, Prince of Persia, Game Party//-//3 Remotes, 2 Chuks, Retro Skin
    DS:Zelda Phantom hourglass, New Super Mario Bros, Tetris DS, Brain Age, Brain Age 2, Touchmaster, Big Brain Academy, Mario Kart DS, Castlevania:Portrait of Time//Retro Skin, Switch&Carry Digital Camou Case.

Member #
    Friends
    7371-7092-7644-6703
    Sony are full of it thats why i bought a 360 and Wii Wii60.

|Losing Faith Nintendo| LyricistSoldier's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    yea... go on to ebgames or the like and look to see how many stores are within 10-20 miles of your own home carrying 4+ consoles @ $600.

Bitter words from a captain sailing a sinking ship. Or at least an old one thats seen all the adventure the captain believes to be out there to sail and see.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by i0n

That's exactly what they were going at. They think people hear about Wii and buy it expecting to have a lot of fun with just Wii Sports, which is kind of true, but I'm sure Wii owners are starting to see that Wii can do more than just simple games like Wii Sports.

Sony is like a 7 year old in a fight. They make lame insults and are scared out of their minds.

Del fuego he resurgido... Axtlar's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    7688-9638-8193-7668
    yeah I agree..and the ps3 sucks, it's only good for graphical shite, but no gameplay whatsoever

Member #
    Friends
    3099-0319-5478-2979
    Quote Originally Posted by Homesrfan
    That's exactly what they were going at. They think people hear about Wii and buy it expecting to have a lot of fun with just Wii Sports, which is kind of true, but I'm sure Wii owners are starting to see that Wii can do more than just simple games like Wii Sports.

Sony is like a 7 year old in a fight. They make lame insults and are scared out of their minds.
    Sony is just mad cus they can't pull the boomerrang out of their ass. The 7 year old comment there was great man. Sony is scared and they have good right to be.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ads