LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Cimmerian Conan the Librarian's Avatar
    Member #
    15415
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    569
    Friends
    2
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

    Ok, I have a great idea, what you guys think?

    Tell me what you think: You can burn gamecube minidiscs that you emulate. Wii can run gamecube discs. Ive heard they make some gamecube games that have all the old zelda's on them, thus giving me the idea; why dont I cram an assload of NES onto a gamecube minidisc, avoiding paying any more than the $60 I've already spent on VC games. Kinda gay since Ive bought some of those games already twice during my life, and now paying more to download them. I have purchased SFII, FZERO, and Contra, 2 and 3 times each. $8 for SONIC or SFII?
    Wii has dicked us around with a lot of things. For all our loyalty, they should hook us up. Ive spent $300 on controllers alone. I have 9 games, and I havent played Wii in 2 weeks. Just VC. Im thinking of returning most of my games. AND, Im a total NES fanboy, so I dont like talking crap about them.

  2. #2
    WiiChat Member PotatoWedgie's Avatar
    Member #
    15110
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Cheney, WA
    Posts
    173
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    So what's your idea again? I don't quite understand.

    Also, are you saying that Nintendo should give us free what many people are willing to pay for? The fact that many people have gone crazy with emulation doesn't make a difference to Nintendo; they still own the IP, and if they can make money off it, they will (and can, without "dicking us around" - they don't owe you anything more than what you pay for).

  3. #3
    |Losing Faith Nintendo| LyricistSoldier's Avatar
    Member #
    9005
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Throwin it up for the big SD.
    Posts
    401
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    your idea.. ?

    putting loads of old VC type games on a gamecube disk and poppin it in your wii, so as to get free VC games? Wont work, since wii wont run an emulator to use the burned content on the disks.

    Also..

    Quote Originally Posted by Conan the Librarian
    I have purchased SFII, FZERO, and Contra, 2 and 3 times each. $8 for SONIC or SFII?
    Wii has dicked us around with a lot of things. For all our loyalty, they should hook us up. Ive spent $300 on controllers alone. I have 9 games, and I havent played Wii in 2 weeks. Just VC. Im thinking of returning most of my games. AND, Im a total NES fanboy, so I dont like talking crap about them.
    Why are you blaming nintendo? It seems you should be mad at yourself.. i mean.. You are the one addicted to these old school VC games. You are the one who has played them over and over but are still addicted to them so much you are willing to pay some whatever $60 for them. If you've bought em 3 times over, i'd think you'd be tired of playing them. As for 9 games and hardly ever playing your wii still... thats just unfair to talka bout. There are many guys still on this forum dying to get a wii but here you are sitting on a mound of new games crying about your empty pockets.

    Good idea, if it worked tho. Take some of that initiative and free yourself from being addicted to 3 times played over games. Then maybe you'd have some money in your pockets, and a better outlook on life. cheers mate

  4. #4
    WiiChat Member Capt Elmer's Avatar
    Member #
    5122
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Austin, Tx
    Posts
    145
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3766-9259-1086-3732
    You know you could buy a real NES off ebay and purchase those said games for more than what you pay on VC.

    The NES zelda goes for like $10 on ebay. Thats double what you pay on VC.

    Oh that GC special edition Zelda games? Im pretty sure those where recoded to run on the GC. So have fun!

    Hook'em Wii


  5. #5
    Cimmerian Conan the Librarian's Avatar
    Member #
    15415
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    569
    Friends
    2
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    no no, all of you guys are right. And im not some commie that gets mad b/c Nintendo isnt giving me free shit.

    I have the NES, SNES, N64 still. I have 80 something NES cartridges alone in a tub.

    I have just always been used to emulating games and had the fancy idea of storing multiple games on the 1.5GB mini disc.

    BUT, I just read some crazy shit about gamecube reading discs outside to inside (as opposed to how most discs are recorded inside to outside), so that sounds damned hard, and yes; I would have a tough time running the EMU.

    WHERE THE **** IS TECMO BOWL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (and bionic commando)

  6. #6
    Cimmerian Conan the Librarian's Avatar
    Member #
    15415
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    569
    Friends
    2
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by LyricistSoldier
    your idea.. ?


    Also..

    Why are you blaming nintendo? It seems you should be mad at yourself.. i mean.. You are the one addicted to these old school VC games. You are the one who has played them over and over but are still addicted to them so much you are willing to pay some whatever $60 for them. If you've bought em 3 times over, i'd think you'd be tired of playing them. As for 9 games and hardly ever playing your wii still... thats just unfair to talka bout. There are many guys still on this forum dying to get a wii but here you are sitting on a mound of new games crying about your empty pockets.

    Good idea, if it worked tho. Take some of that initiative and free yourself from being addicted to 3 times played over games. Then maybe you'd have some money in your pockets, and a better outlook on life. cheers mate
    Let me clarify some things....
    how does nintendo dick us around? I guess I should have said more like dick teasing us.
    -How about releasing SFII world warrior? Is that not a joke?
    -how about the fact that the online feature is USELESS. Bells and whistles
    (news channel? pffffff looks like im on a commidore 64)
    -how many games will use your mii's? you wont hear of them ever again after Wiiplay
    -wiiplay.....goddamn, what a waste of money. I dont have to say what a bundle of sega genesis shit that game is.
    - I have 4 wiimotes, 4 numchucks, 2 classic controllers, and 2 wavebirds......OH WAIT! now I need a Wifi hub, rubber controller skins, component cables, a handy storage rack, a 1 GB memory card, and best of all my Wii baseball cap!
    (anything else I can buy?)

    -Red Steel = Shit....looks like N64
    -COD3= Shit......graphics suck, controlls suck (I am an avid FPSer) and In this day and age, you think the computer wouldnt repeat "throw the grenade not the pin" over an over to embarass me in front of my old parents I am trying to show this new tech to
    -DragonBall Z = hmm played this exact game on PS2 like 3 years ago
    -Marvel:ultimate alliance = why dont you make a maze where every background looks identical, and then you spin in it for a while. just spin around while you go one way and your friend goes another way, until you scream at him to follow you. Oh, and make it hack and slash button mashing.
    -MADDEN07? = I am a MADDEN master. I can waste anyone on PS2 or PC and was most disapointed by this game. I gave this one the most effort even though it was initially sucking. Just terrible for a million of its own madden specific reasons. Thats its entirely own conversation id be willing to have with anyone.

    My pockets are not empty from the wii. I have willingly bought all this shit, I am just not too impressed in retrospect. The 42" LCD left me with empty pockets ;-)

    I have a great outlook on life. The reason I have bought games 2 times over? Example: buying contra when I was 8. Buying contra after my house caught on fire 10 years later........and if it was on VC I'd buy it right now!

    All in all, this christmas, between Wii, new TV, ET center, I have spent about $4000 to play FZero! lol. but hey, **** visa anyways....
    Last edited by Conan the Librarian; 02-01-2007 at 07:58 AM.

  7. #7
    |Losing Faith Nintendo| LyricistSoldier's Avatar
    Member #
    9005
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Throwin it up for the big SD.
    Posts
    401
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan the Librarian
    Let me clarify some things....
    how does nintendo dick us around? I guess I should have said more like dick teasing us.
    -How about releasing SFII world warrior? Is that not a joke?
    -how about the fact that the online feature is USELESS. Bells and whistles
    (news channel? pffffff looks like im on a commidore 64)
    -how many games will use your mii's? you wont hear of them ever again after Wiiplay
    -wiiplay.....goddamn, what a waste of money. I dont have to say what a bundle of sega genesis shit that game is.
    - I have 4 wiimotes, 4 numchucks, 2 classic controllers, and 2 wavebirds......OH WAIT! now I need a Wifi hub, rubber controller skins, component cables, a handy storage rack, a 1 GB memory card, and best of all my Wii baseball cap!
    (anything else I can buy?)

    -Red Steel = Shit....looks like N64
    -COD3= Shit......graphics suck, controlls suck (I am an avid FPSer) and In this day and age, you think the computer wouldnt repeat "throw the grenade not the pin" over an over to embarass me in front of my old parents I am trying to show this new tech to
    -DragonBall Z = hmm played this exact game on PS2 like 3 years ago
    -Marvel:ultimate alliance = why dont you make a maze where every background looks identical, and then you spin in it for a while. just spin around while you go one way and your friend goes another way, until you scream at him to follow you. Oh, and make it hack and slash button mashing.
    -MADDEN07? = I am a MADDEN master. I can waste anyone on PS2 or PC and was most disapointed by this game. I gave this one the most effort even though it was initially sucking. Just terrible for a million of its own madden specific reasons. Thats its entirely own conversation id be willing to have with anyone.

    My pockets are not empty from the wii. I have willingly bought all this shit, I am just not too impressed in retrospect. The 42" LCD left me with empty pockets ;-)

    I have a great outlook on life. The reason I have bought games 2 times over? Example: buying contra when I was 8. Buying contra after my house caught on fire 10 years later........and if it was on VC I'd buy it right now!

    All in all, this christmas, between Wii, new TV, ET center, I have spent about $4000 to play FZero! lol. but hey, **** visa anyways....
    sorry bro, i wasnt trying to bust chops over it
    i'm just sayin that you like the games the consoles yada yada... so why complain, its givin you a lot of good times right? LOL also the lil wii factory gremlins gotta bring home the money to provide for the next generation wii gremlin builders. Its all good in the end.

    Pff. I DO think its lame that the wiimote/nunchuck are seperately sold tho. And i know its prissy but come on why havnt they released a new gamecube controller thats made to match the wii.. all white, shure its not hard to do.

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Similar Threads

  1. My pick for the huge 07 titles nobody cared about
    By zapasant in forum Nintendo Wii Gaming
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 12-16-2007, 03:15 PM
  2. The Holiday Buyers Guide.
    By zapasant in forum Nintendo Wii Gaming
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-16-2007, 12:42 PM
  3. Another idea...
    By Azuma Kyuubi in forum Mario Strikers Charged
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-28-2007, 12:30 PM
  4. Got my "ebay" wii and did the sensor hack! Great results!
    By legbuh in forum Nintendo Wii Chat
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 04-23-2007, 06:53 PM
  5. A great Character to be in Brawl
    By Demon Slayer in forum Nintendo Wii Gaming
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 10-28-2006, 12:43 PM