LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Any notices saying not to use LiMHs are just to make you buy more alkalines. I've been using LiMHs for weeks and they work just fine.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    2119-8576-6017-0056
    I bought me some powergps, they work for anything that needs standard sized batteries and the recharger with a set of batteries only costed me around €35.
    www.wii4friends.com | latest wii news

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by happypappy
    well look at the two posts here and try to understand why i am confused now so what types of rechargable batteries can we use???? and will that new Wiimote recharge station be a bad idea now??????
    The way I figure it, by the time my rechargeable Duracell batteries actually damage the wiimote (if ever), I would have already saved roughly $40 in battery costs.

I Win

Just use 'em. Everyone I know in my area that has a Wii (half since launch) use a variety of rechargeables and I have yet to hear of a single problem.

I'm far more concerned with how tight people strap on the wiimotes in my home than battery leakage.
    Last edited by vi3tmix; 02-05-2007 at 07:51 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    0857-5075-4834-8155
    YES u can use rechargeable batteries !!!!!!!!
    this is what you can use:
    http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?...ct%5Fid=802574

this charger station, as u can read on the link above, replace the battery place on the wii for a NiMH rechargeable battery.
    In other words, your wiimote will not use the battery that is in your tv remote or your alarm clock, but a battery just like of the cell phones.... especially made for this propose, CHARGE !

thats the difference.
    with this charger station they replace even the wiimote battery cover (little white peace that you remove to reach the batteries) because the shape of the new NiMH battery is different obvious....

this is what you CAN NOT USE
    http://www.nimhbattery.com/la_crosse...ry_charger.php

this types of rechargeable batteries are not recommended for any electronics actually.
    The legend of Zelda: TP
    Sonic
    Red Steel
    Elebits
    NFS Carbon
    Wii Play
    Wii Sports

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by vi3tmix
    The way I figure it, by the time my rechargeable Duracell batteries actually damage the wiimote (if ever), I would have already saved roughly $40 in battery costs.

I Win

Just use 'em. Everyone I know in my area that has a Wii (half since launch) use a variety of rechargeables and I have yet to hear of a single problem.

I'm far more concerned with how tight people strap on the wiimotes in my home than battery leakage.
    so what type of rechargeable batteries are the ones you are talking about? thanks!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by happypappy
    so what type of rechargeable batteries are the ones you are talking about? thanks!
    Using something along the lines of these Duracell 2400 mAh rechargeables for now. Think it cost me around $20 at Walmart for a 15-minute charger and 4 batteries. Don't know if I'd recommend it, simply because the charger is weird. It doesn't actually detect if the batteries are fully charged or anything, it just runs on a 15 minute timer after being plugged in, so I'm a little concerned of potential damage that can come as a result of accidently "overcharging" the batteries.

You may wanna try the one philmottin just posted posted:
    Gamestop's Wii Charger Station

Looks nice, probably safer, and only $30. If I hadn't already gotten my current batts I probably would've waited for that charger, simply because:
    If the Duracells I currently use damage the wiimote, I have to replace the remote myself.
    If that Nyko charger pack damages your wiimote, it's their fault, and you could probably get them to reimburse you in full (for both charger and wiimote). $30 for the charger isn't too bad. Would help if they actually released more specifics, though, such as how many hours they last and how long is the charge cycle.

But seriously, I've never had any problems at all with rechargeables in any electronic device (most commonly used them in gaming devices & cd players). I just figured that Nintendo only discouraged use of rechargeables because they didn't want to be held liable to replace broken devices caused by crappy batteries from unknown brands.
    Last edited by vi3tmix; 02-05-2007 at 09:24 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    4496-9128-1304-3457
    Awesome. I don't need the charger station yet. I don't use my wii remote that much(mostly my GC controller). I'll hold out for online gaming.

Member #
    Friends
    0857-5075-4834-8155
    and let us not forget, that wiimote only "suck" tha battery life that quick cuz of the rumble feature and loud volume on wiimote speaker....

turn off rumble and leave the volume on wiimote not too loud thar your regular batteries will last waaaaay more time !
    The legend of Zelda: TP
    Sonic
    Red Steel
    Elebits
    NFS Carbon
    Wii Play
    Wii Sports

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by vi3tmix
    I just figured that Nintendo only discouraged use of rechargeables because they didn't want to be held liable to replace broken devices caused by crappy batteries from unknown brands.
    That's probably it.
    But will the wiimote still work in 20 years when using rechargeables?
    I often play with my 20 year old nes, and i guess, in 20 years, I will want to play with my wii from time to time. (that doesn't sound right )

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugz
    That's probably it.
    But will the wiimote still work in 20 years when using rechargeables?
    I often play with my 20 year old nes, and i guess, in 20 years, I will want to play with my wii from time to time. (that doesn't sound right )
    Hahahahahahahaha...best Wii joke all wiik.

Anywho, yes, but I'm sure you'll still be able to find Wiimotes in pawn shops 20 years from now, just like you can find NES controllers there :P

Ads