LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    I got a madcatz, controller and a memory card as i picked up FF:CC and WWE DoR, and they both work great. Plus it was 8 dollars for the controller and 9 for the memory card, as opposed to 20 and 30 respectively. Plus, you'll need one for SSBB. Soon as i get back from vacation this weekend, i plan on buyin a wavebird, so if you are still wondering by then, ill be sure to let you know 8).

Oh and haha all you guys arguin just got PwNd.

When the online arrives, you shall all know me. And my crappy mspaint creations.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends

Buy the Intec pair off of Amazon

I bought a pair of Intec wireless gamecube controllers off of Amazon for about $30 shipped. They have rumble that you can turn off and on. Probably need to make sure they can have four different frequencies though. You could probably buy two Intec's that have rumble and two Wavebirds for when you need four controllers.

The Intec's work great and the wireless and rumble features are great.

Member #
    Friends
    I bought 2 gamestop wireless controllers for $20 a piece, and they work great so far. No complaints.

Member #
    Friends
    4103-2900-3267-1697
    Quote Originally Posted by redhawk
    I bought a pair of Intec wireless gamecube controllers off of Amazon for about $30 shipped. They have rumble that you can turn off and on. Probably need to make sure they can have four different frequencies though. You could probably buy two Intec's that have rumble and two Wavebirds for when you need four controllers.

The Intec's work great and the wireless and rumble features are great.

I think redhawk is referring to these:

http://www.amazon.com/Intec-GameCube.../dp/B00029UDK6

They got pretty high reviews and for only $25 bucks for 2 of them, I'm prob gonna order them. I've been meaning to get some gamecube controllers, but didn't want to spend a fortunte and didn't want wires.

I'll let you know what they're like, although reading the reviews on Amazon it seems like a no brainer.

Member #
    Friends
    Yes, those are the ones I'm talking about. Me and the wife been playing MK64 all week without a hitch. They work great and I would recommend them. Why spend $30 for one, when you can get two for $25 and they have RUMBLE too.

Member #
    Friends
    1137-5638-7724-4772
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip
    Keep it on-topic guys.
    First and only warning.

No offense, but he did ask for thoughts regarding wireless controllers and did mentioned whether or not to get a Wavebird and csiguy did answer accordingly. The original poster took it upon himself to change the subject of the conversation because he wasn't satisfied with the response, despite it being within reason.

But to answer the original question:

Which would you rather have, compare the pros and cons:

1. Wavebird - known quality (+), known reliability (+), wireless (+), without rumble (-)

2. Madcatz Wired - questionable quality (-), questionable reliability (-), no wireless (-), with rumble (+)

3. Madcatz Wireless - questionable quality (-), questionable reliability (-), wireless (+), without rumble (-)

4. Intec Mini Wireless - mediocre (or less than) quality it seems, but only 5 Amazon reviews to judge this from (-), reliability, one person does state they are perfectly accurate (+), wireless (+), rumble (+).

It really seems like the biggest battle will be rumble vs wireless, personally I don't care about rumble, I disable it in 98% of the games I play anyway, but if you choose wireless over rumble, then I'd go with a Wavebird, you can get pairs on ebay for a decent price.
    You can call me Aaron Burr from the way I'm droppin Hamiltons.

GH3: 1676-1888-7277

Member #
    Friends
    Thanks to everyone to your responses. In the end I am going with Redhawk's find. Never saw those before, and they are exactly what I have been looking for, so thanks again redhawk.

I will be getting 2 wavebirds and 2 intecs

Ads