Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1156-6661-4692-6561

Wii Sports Tennis Rant

Tennis..one of the best, if not the best wii sports games. But like most games it has a fault. a thing where if something happens, you can do nothing about it. and it annoys the fudge outta me.

So im playing my little bro on tennis (who happens to be a natural at it) and its 2-2, winning game. i serve the ball..and then BANG! he smashes it into the corner, where i cant EVER reach the ball. ive tried everything, moving the remote to one side, giving the mii time to get to the corner...but nothing works!

Its very annoying, and it annoys my brother when i do it too. i wouldnt mind if the shot was hard to do..but its a very easy shot, that the opponent can NEVER get to!

Also, i try it against the wii (computer) and they can get to it easy! they sorta fly to the corner to hit it! but when its a humans turn, its IMPOSSIBLE!

now, have you noticed this error? do you know a way to actually GET TO THE BALL when this occurs? What do you think about this? Tell all

Member #
    Friends
    I hear you, i have this exact same problem too.

The only way i've found to prevent them hitting those returns is to make sure you serve a power serve, its impossible i think to make that corner return from a power serve.

But yea it drives me absolutely bananas.

Member #
    Friends
    If you swing the Wiimote to hit the ball when your Mii is running for it he/she will dive for it. If your Mii has a high enough skill level I'm sure you can get to it. You also could use your front Mii.

Member #
    Friends
    1156-6661-4692-6561
    Quote Originally Posted by Nfanboy
    If you swing the Wiimote to hit the ball when your Mii is running for it he/she will dive for it. If your Mii has a high enough skill level I'm sure you can get to it. You also could use your front Mii.
    the front mii has about as much chance as the back mii lol, but ill try the other tip, thanks! (my rant still stands...its still annoying)

...it gonna be zoppity tarheelsuperman's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Yes this is very annoying...except when I do it .

Gaz
    Member #
    Friends
    2042-8451-0487-7303
    haha easily fixed, throw the ball up, the bit it just as it's about to hit the floor, then the server is slower, and you mii will have a better chance of getting it if the other player can even get it there.
    Mac Expert.

Member #
    Friends
    1156-6661-4692-6561
    yeh but, this can happen at any time, not just after a serve. ive tried everything and it wnt work someone must have a way!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by ottoman
    Tennis..one of the best, if not the best wii sports games. But like most games it has a fault. a thing where if something happens, you can do nothing about it. and it annoys the fudge outta me.

So im playing my little bro on tennis (who happens to be a natural at it) and its 2-2, winning game. i serve the ball..and then BANG! he smashes it into the corner, where i cant EVER reach the ball. ive tried everything, moving the remote to one side, giving the mii time to get to the corner...but nothing works!

Its very annoying, and it annoys my brother when i do it too. i wouldnt mind if the shot was hard to do..but its a very easy shot, that the opponent can NEVER get to!

Also, i try it against the wii (computer) and they can get to it easy! they sorta fly to the corner to hit it! but when its a humans turn, its IMPOSSIBLE!

now, have you noticed this error? do you know a way to actually GET TO THE BALL when this occurs? What do you think about this? Tell all
    thats how your suppose to play tennis (closer to the edges but with more risk)
    thats how me and my friend play wii tennis (we basically pros xD) and weve come acustomed to stopping it, while your guy is still running over to the place, hit around 3-5 feet away from it, if you time ti right he should dive

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Gaz
    Member #
    Friends
    2042-8451-0487-7303
    Quote Originally Posted by ottoman
    yeh but, this can happen at any time, not just after a serve. ive tried everything and it wnt work someone must have a way!
    Well to play a game, you have to understand how it works, hit it to his backhand, harder to do it there, drive it down the middle, lob it, hit if softer, spin it.
    Mac Expert.

Member #
    Friends
    1156-6661-4692-6561
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaz
    Well to play a game, you have to understand how it works, hit it to his backhand, harder to do it there, drive it down the middle, lob it, hit if softer, spin it.
    its easier on the back hand lol.

Ads