LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Need help: Torn between wii and ps3

I was an original nintendo guy, stayed with them with NES and SNES which were awesome. But N64 was a huge turnoff, and I switched over to ps1, then ps2 and never looked back.

Now the next-gen consoles are upon us, and I'm tempted to go back to Nintendo, mainly because of price. There is one thing that is keeping me from switching to Wii and it's that darn controller.

Is there ANY way around having to use the motion sensitive, 2 piece, oddly shaped controller? I mean just use a standard controller with a few analog sticks, a D pad, and some buttons? The game I play most is madden, and there is no way I will pull back, push forward, and swing the remote to perform functions.

Does nintendo plan on making a regular controller for those that don't want the motion sensitive one?

Member #
    Friends
    the majority of wii games will use the nunchuck setup.

there will be no alternate setups for use with cube controllers on games.

if all you play is madden, what change are you looking forward to every year? new rosters? EA could have EASILY made them downloadable year to year. Madden needs a change, now that EA has no competition til 5 years from now, one cant expect much from madden, or EA football. the only change will be a new control scheme, and thats not enough for that franchise anyway.

The whole idea behind the wii IS the new controller. if its the one thing that turns you off, i cannot recommend it. a nice thought though: nintendo wants to pick up non-gamers, which means you will be able to play many of these games at retailers and stores before you make a decision.

EDIT: Joining this forum is proof that youre interested, have you joined ps3 forums too? if so, im sorry.
    You may not link to external websites in your signature.

Member #
    Friends
    No I have not joined any ps3 forums. I'm just torn between 2 systems here, can that classic controller be used for games like madden? (hell, the classic literally has all the same buttons in the same place as playstation, will make it soooo easy to use)
    Spread Opera! The fast, sleek, and feature-rich browser! http://opera.com

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob A
    No I have not joined any ps3 forums. I'm just torn between 2 systems here, can that classic controller be used for games like madden? (hell, the classic literally has all the same buttons in the same place as playstation, will make it soooo easy to use)
    no, the classic controller will be used for VC and possible cube games. very few NEW wii games will offer alternate setups for use with either the cube controller ot the classic controller

Member #
    Friends
    Darn, now I gotta shell out $500. Maybe I'll wait a year for the price to go down or something...
    Spread Opera! The fast, sleek, and feature-rich browser! http://opera.com

Member #
    Friends
    It all comes down to how much your willing to dish out for a video game system. $600 (ouch), or somewhere between $200 and $300. The choice is yours, but I would honestly go for the Wii. The PS3 just doesn't seem worth it to me.

Got mah Wii: 2/24/08

I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life.

And that is why I succeed.
    -Michael Jordan

Member #
    Friends
    Stop your silly worries about the wii remote! lol Don't you know that it is designed to be easier to handle. The wii experience of madden is really gonna be something. Also the free online play and just all the wonderful things it has going. Don't miss out on the fun!
    Maximum image size is signatures is 500 x 130 pixels.

Member #
    Friends
    One of main points (if not THE main point) of the Wii is its controller, so if it doesn't appeal to you then you're probably better off exploring other options.

Member #
    Friends
    4727-8101-2072-3014
    Madden is going to be awesome on the Wii! Get a Wii and you can feel like your throwing that pass, or kicking that field goal. It is going to be my first game I buy on the Wii and I;m sure the FREE online play will add depth to the Madden game. What do you do on the PS3 while playing Madden? Press buttons and be lazy! And is the online play FREE like the Wii(It's a serious question I don't know the answer to that) Well I hope a fellow Madden supporter like you will buy the Wii get Madden and have fun! See you on the online play....Ill kick your faeces!

Characters wanted for SSBB : King K.Rool, Lucario, Bubsy, Captain Olimar and Waluigi
    Clippers -- Buccaneers -- Ducks -- Devil Rays

Member #
    Friends
    8420-0141-9022-6948
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob A
    I was an original nintendo guy, stayed with them with NES and SNES which were awesome. But N64 was a huge turnoff, and I switched over to ps1, then ps2 and never looked back.

Now the next-gen consoles are upon us, and I'm tempted to go back to Nintendo, mainly because of price. There is one thing that is keeping me from switching to Wii and it's that darn controller.

Is there ANY way around having to use the motion sensitive, 2 piece, oddly shaped controller? I mean just use a standard controller with a few analog sticks, a D pad, and some buttons? The game I play most is madden, and there is no way I will pull back, push forward, and swing the remote to perform functions.

Does nintendo plan on making a regular controller for those that don't want the motion sensitive one?
    Watching some of the videos on the ways you play may ease your fears over the new wiimote.
    [MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73yDRm8KaWY[/MEDIA]

Bearing in mind, you might have to learn to use the whole "6 degrees of freedom" in the PS3 controller anyway.

Mail me if you want to add me on either the Wii or the 360.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ads