LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamikaze
    I suggest waiting and avoid getting the Mod chip, that WILL void your warranty that you have with Nintendo (and if you've purchased a warranty from the retail store you bought it from.). It's already been confirmed that the people who've made Freeloader for the Gamecube are in the process of making one for the Wii.

not really worried about the warrenty, if it breaks, sell broken one for parts, and buy a new one.. no worries
    wii owner as of 01/10/2007, modded as of 02/12/2007!!
    I got Wii Sports(completed fitness), Madden 07 (Completed all star), Red steel (completed game), Super Monkeyball (completed 1p), Zelda TP (completed 98/100) Tony Hawk (haven't played yet), NEW ADDITIONS: Smooth Moves, Play(JAP VER), and Excite Truck bought yesterday.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by PotatoWedgie
    You'd kind of expect so, considering its name is WiiKey.
    sorri potatowedgie, I wasn't reallly paying any attention to the link.. I looked asked, then clicked should have done that the other way around lol
    I got Wii Sports(completed fitness), Madden 07 (Completed all star), Red steel (completed game), Super Monkeyball (completed 1p), Zelda TP (completed 98/100) Tony Hawk (haven't played yet), NEW ADDITIONS: Smooth Moves, Play(JAP VER), and Excite Truck bought yesterday.

Certified Public Asshole Kamikaze's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    1130-2954-1680-3052
    Quote Originally Posted by unggoy
    not really worried about the warrenty, if it breaks, sell broken one for parts, and buy a new one.. no worries

You're not worried about the warranty, simply because you did not purchase the system. And I doubt anyone would want a broken Wii for parts at the current moment, and the highest you can probably sell it for is 60 dollars. Also, stop double posting, there's an edit button for a reason. LEARN how to use it.

If I don't know you, and if I don't talk to you on the forums, don't send me a friend request. I won't add you and will not give you an explanation.

Member #
    Friends
    You're not worried about the warranty, simply because you did not purchase the system. And I doubt anyone would want a broken Wii for parts at the current moment, and the highest you can probably sell it for is 60 dollars. Also, stop double posting, there's an edit button for a reason. LEARN how to use it.

um what do you mean I didn't purchase it, I did, well I purchased a ps3 but exchanged it... i still spent money on it.

Member #
    Friends
    I don't know how people could expect to install a mod chip and not void the warranty. Yes a Freeloader's coming out someday, but there's nothing stopping Nintendo from releasing a firmware update to disable it. The advantage of an upgradeable modchip is that it's pretty much guaranteed to work forever (just don't update until a new firmware's been released).

And if the manufacturer stops releasing firmware updates, it'll be picked up by the community.

Oh, and I paid full price for my Wii. Little solder ain't gonna hurt, and if it does...it's only money

Member #
    Friends
    thank you potatowedgie, your my new friend. Moneys money. Wii's are wii's, now if I was putting a new heart in my mother, then i would worry about warrenty

Certified Public Asshole Kamikaze's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    1130-2954-1680-3052
    Quote Originally Posted by PotatoWedgie
    I don't know how people could expect to install a mod chip and not void the warranty. Yes a Freeloader's coming out someday, but there's nothing stopping Nintendo from releasing a firmware update to disable it. The advantage of an upgradeable modchip is that it's pretty much guaranteed to work forever (just don't update until a new firmware's been released).

And if the manufacturer stops releasing firmware updates, it'll be picked up by the community.

Oh, and I paid full price for my Wii. Little solder ain't gonna hurt, and if it does...it's only money

The Freeloader is a simple disc, I doubt there would be a firmwire update to block that, while as for the Modchip, you can continue on your "upgrades", but they'll just keep updating the firmwire until these "upgrades" become too expensive for your pockets, then you accidently cut a wire here and there, and your left with a faulty system. You know for a fact Nintendo will not stop releasing Firmwires, unless the Wii becomes obsolete and they focus on their next gen system.

If I don't know you, and if I don't talk to you on the forums, don't send me a friend request. I won't add you and will not give you an explanation.

Member #
    Friends
    thank you potatowedgie, your my new friend. Moneys money. Wii's are wii's, now if I was putting a new heart in my mother, then i would worry about warrenty
    Yep, great minds think alike

The Freeloader is a simple disc, I doubt there would be a firmwire update to block that, while as for the Modchip, you can continue on your "upgrades", but they'll just keep updating the firmwire until these "upgrades" become too expensive for your pockets, then you accidently cut a wire here and there, and your left with a faulty system. You know for a fact Nintendo will not stop releasing Firmwires, unless the Wii becomes obsolete and they focus on their next gen system.
    It'd be a lot easier to block a specific software than to block a chip which (for all intents and purposes) offers the same data to the Wii as if the chip wasn't installed. To be honest, I'm not sure how Nintendo would detect the chip in the first place, but if it does happen, that's what upgrading's for.

Regarding that, the modchip upgrades are offered for free on the 'net as ISOs. You burn them to DVDs and insert them into your Wii to overwrite the modchip's firmware. Free

Member #
    Friends

doesn't matter

doesn't matter, I am still going to buy that wii mod kit when it comes out... I wanna pay less for games and play just as well!! w00t w00t

Member #
    Friends
    doesn't matter, I am still going to buy that wii mod kit when it comes out... I wanna pay less for games and play just as well!! w00t w00t
    I'm probably gonna wait on mine for a while, because one of the big reasons I want to play is because I'm trying to learn Japanese, and I can't think of a better way than by playing Japanese games

My Japanese isn't up to that level yet though, so I probably won't be modding my Wii for a few months.

Ads