LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    I don't think the wii saved nintendo but it definetly boosted its mainstream popularity. Nintendo makes a profit on every unit sold and yes this even includes the cube. So to say the wii saved nintendo from going out of business would be wrong. Sony and Microsoft have always made money out of peripherals and games(and xboxlive)but every console unit they sell they make a loss on due to the extra hardware its plied with. Also there were loads of good games out for the gamecube. The Gamecube was a beast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Spoiler Alert!

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    [QUOTE=JerrodDRagon]Ok now we have to be honest Nintendo fans we all know that the Gamcube was not as good as the Xbox or PS2.QUOTE]

Gamecube was "honestly" my favourite system and I think most people on this site would agree. Resident Evil, Metroid, Zelda, F Zero, Waverace, it has the best exclusives. The Wii didn't save Nintendo, The DS is a money maker and the Gamecube didn't do great, but didn't flop either. The Wii is a smart move, and I think it is more popular than Nintendo expected, now they have to think fast to keep it this popular.

Member #
    Friends
    The Wii just boosted Nintendo's profits and thus we will see even better things from the company, but Nintendo has some many succesful franchises and other genral income(handheld superiority) that I don't think they ever lost any money anyway....

Zelda finished in 45 hours, used guide 3-4 times...
    Currently waiting for MP3, Super Smash Bros:Brawl

Ninja? I'm a Pirate! Yarr Secumfex's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    6205-5687-4726-5914
    yes, the Wii saved Nintendo in some way. Even though Nintendo wasn't in real danger, thanks to the NDS. Back from multimediamonsters to the spirit of gaming. Wii FTW

feel free to add me to your Wii, but don't forget to PM me

how about some rep for good posts

The search function is your friend. Do not ignore your friends. They get cancer and die and it is your fault.

Member #
    Friends
    1156-6661-4692-6561
    just so you know, companies like nintendo, sony and microsoft, begin making/creating their NEXT gen console from now.

As soon as they release their consoles, they begin working on the next one.

Error Getting Statistics E7ernal's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by NecroDemonNZXT
    I don't think they ever lost any money anyway....
    Well, maybe not since they became a video game manfactorer.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    In 1963, Yamauchi renamed Nintendo Playing Card Company Limited to Nintendo Company, Limited. The company then began to experiment in other areas of business using the newly injected capital. During the period of time between 1963 and 1968, Nintendo set up a taxi company, a "love hotel" chain, a TV network, a food company (trying to sell instant rice, similar to instant noodles), and several other things (including a toy remote controlled vacuum cleaner called Chiritory [1]- which was later seen as a two-player game in WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgame$ in 2003). All these ventures failed, except toy making, where they had some earlier experience from selling playing cards. Then, after the Tokyo Olympics, playing card sales dropped, leaving Nintendo with a measly 60 yen in stocks.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo#Early_life

Strikers: 017280 524282

Member #
    Friends
    Ottoman, only Nintendo does that. Microsoft and Sony are just too lazy, so they copie Nintendo.

The Wii didn't save Nintendo. Nintendo didn't need to be saved. Now the Gamcube wasen't the best, but it did have some great games on it, like Paper Mario, Metroid Prime, Mario Party, Super Mario Strikers, and many others. Nintendo was in a little trouble with the GC, even though it worked fine. The DS really pulled them through with now about 9 DS handhelds sold every minute. The games for it are awsome. Kirby: Canvas Curse, Star Fox Command, Animal Crossing, New Super Mario bros and more. Some more great DS games are still to come, like the new Zelda game, but the Wii's games this year is going to shoot Nintendo waaaaay over Sony or Microsoft. I mean, Super Smash Bros Brawl, Mario Stikers: Charged, Metroid prime 3, Super mario Galaxy, and Pokemon Battle Revolution, which is extreamaly popular in Japan. Also Disaster: Day of Crisis looks pretty cool. We also have WarioWare: Smooth Moves out already, and Wii Play coming out in just a few days. So did the Wii save Nintendo? They didn't need to be saved, but the Wii really is killing the compitition now.

Member #
    Friends
    5339-2221-6986-5954
    The Wii didn't save Nintendo, the Gameboy saved it, the DS helped nintendo even further and the Wii transformed Nintendo into a very strong competitor.

Member #
    Friends
    No, your mistaken in may areas.

1. Nintendo accuatly was having a 45% increese in sales, with the uncomming of the top 10 million selling DS, and games. Nintendo was able to make it out last year. However you are right, the gamecube was... not exactly what we wanted

-but it is the strongest system- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y46f76Bpneo

2. Its true if nintendo had not made the wii, its 65% that they would have to go back to their taxi/hotel bussiness in japan, as of NOA i have no clue, mabey they would sell out. WII RAWKS THE WORLD!

3. Those arn't all the games the gamecube had, Zelda: collectors, wind waker, and masterquest. Mario sunshine, mario parties, mario kart, mario super strikers, luigi's mansion, SSBM, metriod games, animal crossing(belive it or not), tons and tons of anime related games.(which i love with all my heart)

So i think that your half right.

Member #
    Friends
    To be honest i would say the ds saved nintendo and the wii just gave it a really BIG boost
    Got a love that wii!
    Last edited by Hybrid; 02-11-2007 at 09:30 AM.

thanks demonflair for the awsome sig

Ads