LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5251-2094-6508-9892
    You just love starting fights don't you? What are you like 10? Get a life kid. I didn't understand what they were saying and know I do. Mission Accomplished. SO you can take your "holier than thou" attitude someplace else. No to mention he said that for the COMPUTER to Internet connection that Wireless router is better than a wired one since they only do 3-6. Or at least thats what my DSL modem from Bellsouth is doing. So using a wireless router should improve the speed significantly if I'm reading everything correct.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    okay let me clear some more stuff up, your internet comes in at 6 mbps, into your wireless router. if your router is 802.11b it can relay information to its wireless devices at 11mbps. It does NOT make your internet faster, what i was saying before is 11mbps and 100mbps will feel the same because your internet is maxed out at 6mbps. Your router can relay the information that is coming in at 6mbps at the same speed as wired and wireless because the speed in which your router can relay information is faster than the information that is coming into your router. Get it now?

Member #
    Friends
    5251-2094-6508-9892
    "Your router can relay the information that is coming in at 6mbps at the same speed as wired and wireless because the speed in which your router can relay information is faster than the information that is coming into your router."

Umm not really...sorry. And yeah what router are you talking about. I have DSL modem that is connected to the Ethernet port on the back of my computer. The DSL *modem* is running at 6mBps right now according to Bellsouth. There is NO router right now. I just bought one and its being delivered. Its wireless and I'm planning on hooking it up so that we have Wireless internet for the ENTIRE house which I guess is the biggest benefit of all. I just thought it would also make the internet even faster than it already was...guess I was wrong.

So the only time speed will even matter is when we're talking about a computer to computer connection right? And I could do that if I wanted to with the system I'm about to setup?

Member #
    Friends
    like.. let me put it this way, if your going to tranfer files from computer to computer using your network, it would correspond to your network speed which is 100mbps for wired and 11 54 or 108 for wireless depending on your router/modem. but your internet speed is maxxed at 6mbps so it doesnt really matter if u have wired or wireless, all your computers will receive the full 6mbps no matter if they are wired or wireless. so in other words, all your computer on your entire network (wired and wireless) will have the same exact speed.

Member #
    Friends
    7740-5070-1158-5119
    meh i got a 220$ router and my speed is usually 100+ kb/s, the router was free because the isp didnt have any normal 50$ company brand ones left. Good deal

so id say wireless if you dont have the room or your computer is on a dif floor then get wireless. If your wii is pretty close to your computer/router then just get wired. Im happy with wireless imo.

+my computer(in downstairs hallway) and wii(in my room) are on dif floors so it helps.
    Last edited by PtonJalken; 02-11-2007 at 07:30 PM.
    Wii on 25/12/06 - Ps3 on 10/07/07

PSWii Owner
    Brawl: 1976-9887-4438 Bowser Player

Member #
    Friends
    5251-2094-6508-9892
    Got it...thanks for REALLY clearing that up. So the benefit in Wireless is that of course you have no wires. Now multiple people can be online at the SAME time. And you can transwer files from computer to computer provided they are all connected to the same wireless network. Plus you can connect the Wii to it. Is all of that right? Is there any other benefit of having a wireless network that I missed?

Member #
    Friends
    7740-5070-1158-5119
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterJedi2U
    Got it...thanks for REALLY clearing that up. So the benefit in Wireless is that of course you have no wires. Now multiple people can be online at the SAME time. And you can transwer files from computer to computer provided they are all connected to the same wireless network. Plus you can connect the Wii to it. Is all of that right? Is there any other benefit of having a wireless network that I missed?
    you can move your wii from room to room easily with few wires
    Wii on 25/12/06 - Ps3 on 10/07/07

PSWii Owner
    Brawl: 1976-9887-4438 Bowser Player

Member #
    Friends
    yup thats all correct glad you get it now have fun with your wii

Ads