+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    |Losing Faith Nintendo| LyricistSoldier's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    First off...

Quote Originally Posted by Axtlar
    I don't get it, what the hell do you mean by hardcore gamer? I consider myself a hardcore gamer and I only play Nintendo games, what? since I play only Wii games I'm not hardcore? you are dumb, my friend if that's how you think
    i dont know where you're coming from bud.. sorry

Second...

Quote Originally Posted by mym6
    Saying that Nintendo didn't want to overwhelm the new person is hogwash because when holiday season 2007 comes around the store will have a large number of items, there will probably be even more channels "shipping with" the Wii and many more games.
    thats just part of what you said but i agree with all of it... i just thought of it (ok lets forget insulting) as a lame Cop-out for her (the CEO) to say nintendo didnt want to overwhelm the consumer. Its obvious that they just were not finished with everything.. i'm shure all of the nintendo ideamen n workhorses aren't sitting around at a local bar celebrating the finished wii... they are STILL working on things and therefore are not finished.

will trade wii for 360 elite yep its happend 360 owns wii ALREADY
    OH... and take that plastic guitar controller if you have one n shove it up yer

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    Yeah..Ax. I'm not sure I'm understanding your attack.

Member #
    Friends
    4496-9128-1304-3457
    I saw a CNN news reporter report news on this gene that can make people live longer. This was the same news reporter who gave the same report a few years ago, and asked the same dumb founded questions. Average news reporters are the dumbest, most corrupt people on Earth. Not all are like that, but this is a system that punishes any form of brain power. The more you can look the other way and collect the bribes, the more air time they get. I garauntee she was paid to bash Nintendo.

I'm very pleased to know Nintendo is still serious about online gaming.

Member #
    Friends
    What I taker her to mean is that they didn't want to advertise and market that aspect of the Wii.

They wanted to make the Wii seem simple and easy to use.

As for online, VC, and other channels. Yes Nintendo released early for the holiday and to compete witht he PS3. I say that it was a smart move, even though they were lacking in VC titles and online at the time.

To me this puts me at ease because I was worried about their commitment to online play. So they couldn't put it out at release because the release really was early.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by mym6
    I think you guys are all off the mark. It doesn't have anything to do with easing people into all of the features. That's a load of marketing BS for "we needed to get it released before the holiday season and we needed to get it out the door at or before the time the PS3 became available."
    I disagree considering online was already out in Japan.

What everyone said is pretty much correct, they are trying to appeal to the non gaming world. Plus none of the games out right now are online. If they gave us online on release then everyone would be complaining that there's no online games. There's no way to win, people are going to complain regardless.

|Losing Faith Nintendo| LyricistSoldier's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    ok since most of you are talking about online play with wii... or at least you should be all over wanting that now...

Why is nintendo so restrictive with their online capability if they are trying to market to non gamers... Meaning why the heck do i have to do stupid things like write down friend codes or accept mailers from wii users before i can talk to them? When we get online play will i be able to just talk n chat with anyone and add em to a buddy list at whim or am i going to have to first mutually add eachother by friend code before we can play or talk... I dunno im not very specific but i cant help but think that nintendo is going to put too much of a leash on their online community. If the online community sucks then gameplay will suffer as well... my thoughts at least

To me restrictions like mutual accepted invites and cryptic codes or "friend codes" are all saying "Wii market to kids". I dont need nintendo to be my online nanny thank you. Hope it doesnt turn out that way but im shure it will.. look at ds.

will trade wii for 360 elite yep its happend 360 owns wii ALREADY
    OH... and take that plastic guitar controller if you have one n shove it up yer

Member #
    Friends
    Actually, this is a very Good thing. If this is what nintendo thinks, than couldnt it be that they have MORE surprises for us in the near future, other than online gaming. Think of the possibilities that they could have been hiding all this time just to not 'overwhelm' us:hdtv compatability, dvd capability, 1080p/i, the skies the limit baby!

On a side note. Does anyone think this may have been why the PS3 got off to such a slow start, I mean with the blue ray and six axis and whatnot. If so, then GOOD MOVE NINTENDO!!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Axtlar
    I don't get it, what the hell do you mean by hardcore gamer? I consider myself a hardcore gamer and I only play Nintendo games, what? since I play only Wii games I'm not hardcore? you are dumb, my friend if that's how you think
    LOL@U

He never said you weren't hardcore. He's just saying Nintendo isn't trying just to appeal just to the hardcore, this time around they're trying to appeal to the softcore gamers as well such as ones who haven't played since the 80's or 90's.

You can certainly have a Wii and only a Wii and still be hardcore. He'd probably think the same way if you asked him instead of jumping the gun like you just did.

Member #
    Friends
    Whether the online play is ready or not, she does have a point if she's insinuating that people are stupid.

If you're not amazed, several times a day, at how dumb your fellow human beings are...well, you may be amazing someone else...

On a lighter note, she does have a valid point. If your Wii had come with the news channel, weather channel, and online play, how quickly would you really know the system inside and out.

Learning in stages is not a bad thing and is how you've learned pretty much everything you know. Look at in-game tutorials for a good example.

While I agree that she may be covering for an unready online capability, I'm sure having people who are familiar with the Wii will simplify troubleshooting when people have online issues.

Member #
    Friends
    Friend codes and such was probably made to keep spam to a minimum. Im sure somewhere there would be someone who figures out how to send mass emails to Wiis. If they arent registered you wont get it.

Ads