LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 39
  1. #21
    Wii Newbie PinkRaider's Avatar
    Member #
    16813
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    TN, USA
    Posts
    9
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Wii/gamecube is more family oriented. I would rather have my son play on the Wii because I know there are tons more games that are friendly for him to play.
    My husband is a big time 360 gamer. Its more of a console for him. He plays all the gore games like Gear of War, Dead rising and the war type games. Now the only games my son plays on there is Lego Star Wars 2 and Halo.
    I like the set up of Xbox 360's Menu much more than the Wii. But I love the sensor remote the the Wii has and that I can DL older nintendo games on the Wii.
    It all depends on what kind of games you like. I play mostly arcade games on the 360 and Sonic.
    I say both of them will/has surpassed PS3.
    -Pinkie

  2. Ads


  3. #22
    Certified Public Asshole Kamikaze's Avatar
    Member #
    3067
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    898
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1130-2954-1680-3052
    Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon
    Wll for me I would never buy Lost Planet for 60 bucks along with most of those games. Thats another reason I like the Wii becuase the games are cheaper but are still fun (like DBZ, Zelda, Trauma Center, and Wario Ware) Plus when some of the game prices drop for some of the games like Red Steel and Elbits go down in price I'll buy them. But also most of Nintendo's games are for everyone meaning Mario, Super Smash, Zelda, Mario Kart etc there games that overal most people like them while games like Lost Planet may not be your thing same with alot of other gun games on the 360.

    Also someone said that the 360 has online, yes it does but who much are you paying for it? If you keep your 360 for 5 years your paying 250 bucks for online, while Wii owners get free online games, Free Demo Channel, Everyone votes channel, Weather Channel and News Channel Plus The Wii shop channel. Im not saying X-box live is not assume because it is but right now I see only a small hand ful of good online games like Gears of War and other gun
    games but what if your not a gun game fan? Then the Wii fits you better seeing how it gets a couple of guy titles but also has great Puzzle, Adventure , action games. Plus if you have the Wii Browser (which is free until June) you can play Wiiarcade games which they have over 60 titles on it FOR FREE, hell there not the best games but just as good as most X-Box arcade games.

    Nintendo has decided to stay with lower prices, in which that does in fact give them some sort of advantage with the family-friendly price. And Zelda and Super Smash Bros. aren't for everyone. Zelda if for the casual RPG/Fantasy player, while Super Smash Bros. is for the button mashers who occassionally enjoy a mediocre party/fighting game. Yes Microsoft does in fact charge for it's online service, but I'd rather have to pay 50 dollars for 13 months, rather than have an online service similar to Sony (and even Nintendo) and have such limited appeal. If you can't pay 50 dollars for 13 months of service, then you simply need a job. And of course, you can always pay 20 dollars for 3 months, but you'll be spending more money like that in the longrun. Xbox has something that Nintendo doesn't have and that's the ability to play games online, the ability to download demos onto the hard drive, and the ability to store music onto the system itself. If you keep your Wii for 5 years, and spend 50 dollars a year, you're spending 250 dollars on hardware for the system. Your point is? Don't you pay for the internet you use now? Plus you totally forgot the fact that you can even speak to people across the world, something that Nintendo doesn't have. If you're not into shooters, there's many games on the 360. Will the Wii be best suitable? No, you're just a fanboy. There's games like Ridge Racer, for the occassional racing fan. There's also Ninety Nine Nights, for people who enjoy strategic action. How about Dead or Alive 4, for the people who enjoy great fighting games? And Kameo is a wonderful game, although it is quite short, it does have platforming elements. I'm not a fanboy for Nintendo or Microsoft, but I find it really pathetic, when a "gamer" decides to try and put down a system just because of things they don't know about it. Do your research, then get back to me. Don't do any Nintendo research, as I can probably school you in that too.


    He said GOOD GAMES, not stupid, shitty ones like most of the ones you mentioned you idiot..Pefect Dark Zero good? yeah right! Kameo? what the hell?
    Again, it's all with opinion. And Perfect Dark Zero was a launch title, so of course it's not going to be the flawless game of the year. It had many flaws, but it showed what the 360 was quite capable of. Kameo is a great game, in which it was supposed to be released for the N64, then got delayed onto the Gamecube, and when Rare's rights were sold to Microsoft, it was put on the 360. Now, if Kameo was for Nintendo, I'm quite sure your opinion would have changed, along with Perfect Dark Zero. So in conclusion, your opinion is quite invalid, as you're a biased fanboy. Go tattoo Nintendo across your chest, and while you're at it, make sure to make a good statement. Your statement wasn't even a paragraph, so how can you come up with a decent arguement? Also brush up on your vocabulary, thank you.


    If I don't know you, and if I don't talk to you on the forums, don't send me a friend request. I won't add you and will not give you an explanation.

  4. #23
    WiiChat Member GreenBean713's Avatar
    Member #
    5135
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    129
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    6284-7358-9967-2086
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamikaze
    1. Gears of War
    2. Enchanted Arms
    3. Dead Or Alive 4
    4. Lost Planet
    5. Chromehounds
    6. Fuzion Frenzy 2
    7. Viva Pinata
    8. Battlestations Midway
    9. Perfect Dark Zero
    10. Crackdown
    11. Moto GP 06
    12. Kameo

    And games to be coming out:

    -Too Human
    -Halo 3
    -Halo Wars
    -Blue Dragon
    -Mercanaries 2
    -Dance Dance Revolution:Universe
    -Banjo Kazooie 3
    -Bullet Witch


    And not to mention many other surprises that are currently not revealed. So please, instead of being the common fanboy, do your research.
    hmm lets see. im just going to start by saying, gears of war has no replay value. neither does lost planet. and honestly they both suck as games. reason gears of war is a good game is because of graphics and online play.

    thats the only real reason xbox games are good. viva pinata? as a good game. your kinda crazy. lost planet is repetious. the halo series is honestly not taht good. halo was a great game when it came out. but maybe halo 3 will chance that cause number two wasnt that good at all. AND crackdown isnt even out yet. its only gonna do good because of all the halo 3 beta hype.

    whats gonna be sooooo special about blue dragon? or bullet witch? and DDR? wow. you had to bring that up for a good game coming on 360?

    wii has good games that have the replay value. and its been out less than 6 months. and the xbox has been out what....two years?

    wii games =
    zelda
    wii sports
    wii play
    excite truck
    warioware
    dragonball

    soon to be coming
    ssbb
    mp8
    prince of persia
    day of disaster
    and not to mention all the virtual consle games.

    oh btw. can the xbox surf the internet? haha



    im not saying xbox isnt a good system. im just saying its a rental system*you rent games cause theres no point to own any*. online play is fun. but after awhile you can only do so much by hitting a button. ahha
    greenbean break down.
    green = irish
    bean = mexican

  5. #24
    WiiChat Member GreenBean713's Avatar
    Member #
    5135
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    129
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    6284-7358-9967-2086
    oh yeahh. forgot to mention metriod and mario galaxy.
    greenbean break down.
    green = irish
    bean = mexican

  6. #25
    Wii New and Reviews JerrodDRagon's Avatar
    Member #
    5198
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    TO
    Posts
    706
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8369-4137-0402-8056
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamikaze
    Nintendo has decided to stay with lower prices, in which that does in fact give them some sort of advantage with the family-friendly price. And Zelda and Super Smash Bros. aren't for everyone. Zelda if for the casual RPG/Fantasy player, while Super Smash Bros. is for the button mashers who occassionally enjoy a mediocre party/fighting game. Yes Microsoft does in fact charge for it's online service, but I'd rather have to pay 50 dollars for 13 months, rather than have an online service similar to Sony (and even Nintendo) and have such limited appeal. If you can't pay 50 dollars for 13 months of service, then you simply need a job. And of course, you can always pay 20 dollars for 3 months, but you'll be spending more money like that in the longrun. Xbox has something that Nintendo doesn't have and that's the ability to play games online, the ability to download demos onto the hard drive, and the ability to store music onto the system itself. If you keep your Wii for 5 years, and spend 50 dollars a year, you're spending 250 dollars on hardware for the system. Your point is? Don't you pay for the internet you use now? Plus you totally forgot the fact that you can even speak to people across the world, something that Nintendo doesn't have. If you're not into shooters, there's many games on the 360. Will the Wii be best suitable? No, you're just a fanboy. There's games like Ridge Racer, for the occassional racing fan. There's also Ninety Nine Nights, for people who enjoy strategic action. How about Dead or Alive 4, for the people who enjoy great fighting games? And Kameo is a wonderful game, although it is quite short, it does have platforming elements. I'm not a fanboy for Nintendo or Microsoft, but I find it really pathetic, when a "gamer" decides to try and put down a system just because of things they don't know about it. Do your research, then get back to me. Don't do any Nintendo research, as I can probably school you in that too.




    Again, it's all with opinion. And Perfect Dark Zero was a launch title, so of course it's not going to be the flawless game of the year. It had many flaws, but it showed what the 360 was quite capable of. Kameo is a great game, in which it was supposed to be released for the N64, then got delayed onto the Gamecube, and when Rare's rights were sold to Microsoft, it was put on the 360. Now, if Kameo was for Nintendo, I'm quite sure your opinion would have changed, along with Perfect Dark Zero. So in conclusion, your opinion is quite invalid, as you're a biased fanboy. Go tattoo Nintendo across your chest, and while you're at it, make sure to make a good statement. Your statement wasn't even a paragraph, so how can you come up with a decent arguement? Also brush up on your vocabulary, thank you.
    Most sites voted Zelda Game of the year becuase it was a game for everyone. Its got strategy, action, adventure and puzzles. Plus a couple of fun mini games (hootshot game, Fishing, snowboarding etc.)
    Super Smash was the # one seller on the Gamecube so once again a game that everyone buys should be a game for everyone.
    Next Im not going to look up games I don't care about. Kameo may be a good game but I dont think it looks fun, same with lost planet and Call of Duty 3.
    Look at Wario Ware I like the game but you may not like it, that goes for Rayman too. So in my opinion the Wii has a great year coming up and weither or not you want to admit it most gamers/Web sites have said that the wii had the strongest start. And with a New good game coming out every month I think it will be beating the 360 by 08, Lastly you should remember that the Xbox did not start off with online and since there are no pics/video's of Nintendo's Free online how do we not know it could be almost as good as the 360's BUT Free and there is a Wii Demo channel in the works and coming out this year and it lets you download Wii/DS Demo's so don't dis the online just yet.

  7. #26
    i dream of xenu Mark OTVII's Avatar
    Member #
    16783
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    68
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5988-6040-4514-3565
    my suspicion is that those clever japanese folks have crammed everything possible into this machine and will always remain one step ahead of other platforms by way of hardware additions, software updates, etc... then they can trot out their preconceived marketing slogan, "Wii did it first."

  8. #27
    Certified Public Asshole Kamikaze's Avatar
    Member #
    3067
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    898
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1130-2954-1680-3052
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenBean713
    hmm lets see. im just going to start by saying, gears of war has no replay value. neither does lost planet. and honestly they both suck as games. reason gears of war is a good game is because of graphics and online play.

    thats the only real reason xbox games are good. viva pinata? as a good game. your kinda crazy. lost planet is repetious. the halo series is honestly not taht good. halo was a great game when it came out. but maybe halo 3 will chance that cause number two wasnt that good at all. AND crackdown isnt even out yet. its only gonna do good because of all the halo 3 beta hype.

    whats gonna be sooooo special about blue dragon? or bullet witch? and DDR? wow. you had to bring that up for a good game coming on 360?

    wii has good games that have the replay value. and its been out less than 6 months. and the xbox has been out what....two years?

    wii games =
    zelda
    wii sports
    wii play
    excite truck
    warioware
    dragonball

    soon to be coming
    ssbb
    mp8
    prince of persia
    day of disaster
    and not to mention all the virtual consle games.

    oh btw. can the xbox surf the internet? haha



    im not saying xbox isnt a good system. im just saying its a rental system*you rent games cause theres no point to own any*. online play is fun. but after awhile you can only do so much by hitting a button. ahha

    Gears of War has high replay value, especially with going through each different difficulty and even the multiplayer is amazing, with tons of possibilities. As I've said to a previous poster, you're a Nintendo fanboy, and if this happened to be for the Wii, you'd obviously be estatic about it. Graphics makes a game, so does online play, but so does sound effects, and the game play itself.

    Viva Pinata is a fun game, I guess you can say it's the Animal Crossing of Microsoft, but obviously you're not bickering at Animal Crossing, now are you? Now you contradict yourself with Halo saying it's a great game, followed by saying it's not "that" good. I do apologize if you do enjoy third party games based on movies such as Barnyard and even Bratz, but those are E rated titles and maybe since they are, you should get out of this discussion. Crackdown comes out on the 20th of Feburary, but there have been demos for it on Xbox Live Marketplace, of course you wouldn't know such a thing, simply because you are a biased fanboy.


    What's so special about Blue Dragon? Besides the fact that it's made from some of the creators and artists that made Final Fantasy? Try clicking this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aNU-ib-BI8 And as for Bullet Witch and Dance Dance Revolution, do that research on your own, for you obviously have no taste in any games besides the 200th Mario Party.


    And you do honestly forget that not all Wii games have high replay values. And it's distinctly based on your own Fanboyish opinion. And how do you know if Metroid Prime, Super Smash Bros, Mario Party 8, Prince of Persia and Day of Disaster won't be terrible? There hasn't been any demos for any of these games, yet you make the assumption that they're going to be great. Stop contradicting yourself within the same post, you're as twisted as a pretzel at the very moment. Who gives a damn if the Xbox can surf the internet, does the Wii have online acheivements, does it have downloadable content, in which is not virtual console games, but games made by developers exclusively for online access? Does the Wii have tournaments online in which you can win money by entering? Does the Wii have Rare's full support, and here's another question, does the Wii run in superior FPR's than the 360? Do your research and get back to me, another Mario Party game is about as exciting as seeing senior citizens piss on themselves.


    If I don't know you, and if I don't talk to you on the forums, don't send me a friend request. I won't add you and will not give you an explanation.

  9. #28
    3D Artist sagema's Avatar
    Member #
    6192
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,685
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4496-9128-1304-3457
    Ironically the 360 could possibly hold first longer, or even a strong second place lead if they get the PS3 crowd to buy their system. I watching Wii sales skyrocket, and the PS3 is still on +1 million units. Nintendo and Microsoft could have 11 million by the time Sony gets 3 million.

    http://nexgenwars.com

  10. #29
    h4x TiredOfSex's Avatar
    Member #
    2306
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Whittier, CA
    Posts
    38
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    uhm, kamikaze. you do realize that you are on a Nintendo Wii website, rite? Just cause someone doesnt like the 360 doesnt mean they're a fan boy. you are being real hipocritical.

    Quote Originally Posted by kamikaze
    And how do you know if Metroid Prime, Super Smash Bros, Mario Party 8, wont be terrible?
    probably cause Nintendo is making them, look at the history of nintendo developed games. Now look at Microsofts. Thanks.

    Quote Originally Posted by kamikaze
    Who gives a damn if the Xbox can surf the internet, does the Wii have online acheivements?
    Actually yeah. Wii sports sends letters of achievments and future games will take use of it too.

    does it have downloadable content, in which is not virtual console games, but games made by developers exclusively for online access?
    Yep, nintendo already said that they will soon be distributing independent games and the cost of development for the Wii Online Games will be much cheaper than that of the 360's. Throw in a bunch of cool new channels and you have a lot of neat downloadable content.

    Does the Wii have tournaments online in which you can win money by entering?
    Tournaments? People have tournaments for one-legged races and milk chugging. Playing SSBB with ur friends and betting money is a damn tournament.

    Does the Wii have Rare's full support?
    nope, but does anyone really care? I dont want a perfect dark on my Wii anyway.

    does the Wii run in superior FPR's than the 360?
    no but unless you can slow down time into milli-seconds i dont think it really matters. I don't have supermans eye-sight. I dont mind having a few less frames per-second. im not gonna cry about that.

  11. #30
    Wii New and Reviews JerrodDRagon's Avatar
    Member #
    5198
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    TO
    Posts
    706
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8369-4137-0402-8056
    Kamikaze I'll bet you a trillion Dollars Super Smash Brothers Brawl is a great game. Next no we dont know if Metriod will be great but from Video's it looks pretty fun and Im not Metriod fan but after playing Zelda I see how the Wii remote can improve the way the game is played. Next yes the Mario Party games have died for most of us by the 4th game but this new one uses the Wii Remote and after playing Rayman and Wario Ware I can see who this game will be a great game and with new rumors saying it may support online it could greatly improve the game. Now if you've watched the last episode of Wii Chat Podcast you'll hear how they make a piont by saying a game does not have to be online to be a great game, is online a great feature yes but does that mean if your game does not have online it sucks? Since I've read a couple of Reviews of Madden and Call of Duty 3 that say that the Wii's version is more fun and better but do either have online? No but Reviews say they like games that are different and fun and dont use the old "I have online that means Im a great game" excuse.
    But we'll have to see how many people get a 360 when Halo 3 comes out (which if the number is a giant leap in sells it shows how good the 360 really is) For me if Halo 3 was not coming out for the 360 I would not get the system becuase i can wait 2/3 years to play Mass effect, Banjo 3 and Fable 2. But like I said befre both systems are made for different games the 360 is for online/gun games and the Wii is more for Party/Adventure games.

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Similar Threads

  1. Thinking of buying a 360? ::FAQ::
    By Sovieto in forum Xbox Consoles
    Replies: 164
    Last Post: 10-07-2009, 07:44 PM
  2. Post your game collections
    By Dorkfish in forum Xbox Consoles
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-15-2009, 01:46 PM
  3. Former Nintendo Exec Joins Xbox Europe
    By T3kNi9e in forum Xbox Consoles
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-20-2008, 03:37 PM
  4. Replies: 256
    Last Post: 01-20-2008, 11:57 AM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-13-2008, 04:54 PM