+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Wii New and Reviews JerrodDRagon's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8369-4137-0402-8056

Wii to surpass Xbox 360 by '08?

Wii will not only surpass the Xbox 360 installed base, but the console may do so as early as 2008. This bold Nintendo Wii assertion comes by way of Reggie Fils-Aime in a recent interview with Dean Takahashi.

"The question is when," he said on the subject on Wii toppling Xbox 360. "That's going to be driven by our own sales rate and getting good software released at the right time. It's clear they are slowing down. It's not unthinkable to see that next year we could surpass their installed base."

When confronted with the baffling fact that Bill Gates doesn't consider Nintendo's console competition, Fils-Aime dismissed it.

"When you're as rich as Bill is, you can say anything," Reggie said. "They have done some things that are brilliant at Microsoft. We want to bring gaming back to the masses. Consumers are voting with their wallets and pocketbooks."

And with the way the voting has gone so far, there will be no need for a recount.

Here's the source http://www.nintendorevolution.ca/021...ox_360_quickly

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    6284-7358-9967-2086
    i deff think it will. wii is shipping out over 700k a month. atleast. and i work at a gamestop/eb games. and basically i get over 30 calls a day. "do you have any wiis" weve tabbed it. and wii sold over 1.1 by the end of the year.

360 has 2 million units in the american homes. wii is catching up at a fast rate. and extremly.

the only reason microsoft isnt worried is because of one market. the online gaming. which soon wii will have. nintendo has always looked ahead. and this time, its perfect timing.
    greenbean break down.
    green = irish
    bean = mexican

Member #
    Friends
    what was all that BS about: WE're not trying to compete against 360 and ps3

not their just gloating because they got off to a good start even though its long term that counts which so far wtih the wii dosent look promising unless a grade A game comes out every week

just read that above post, 360 has 2 million units in america....you dont deserve to give your opinion if you think that xD

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Member #
    Friends
    Wii won't surpass xbox.

Member #
    Friends
    8369-4137-0402-8056
    Quote Originally Posted by WeToYou
    Wii won't surpass xbox.
    Why not? Name over 10 good games that are exclusive to the 360?
    I can name over 12 exclusive games on the Wii that are good.
    Next we have the Virual Console which this year will be giving us games like Star Fox 64, Donkey Kong country and Mario Kart (SNES)

Plus we have Super Smash with FREE online, plus Metriod, Pokemon, Battle Tanks and Mario Strikers, and now rumors that Mario Party many have online destroys the Xbox having Gears of war, Call of Duty, Vegas, Ghost Recon and Halo 3 for 50 dollars a year.

Certified Public Asshole Kamikaze's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    1130-2954-1680-3052
    Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon
    Why not? Name over 10 good games that are exclusive to the 360?
    I can name over 12 exclusive games on the Wii that are good.
    Next we have the Virual Console which this year will be giving us games like Star Fox 64, Donkey Kong country and Mario Kart (SNES)

Plus we have Super Smash with FREE online, plus Metriod, Pokemon, Battle Tanks and Mario Strikers, and now rumors that Mario Party many have online destroys the Xbox having Gears of war, Call of Duty, Vegas, Ghost Recon and Halo 3 for 50 dollars a year.

1. Gears of War
    2. Enchanted Arms
    3. Dead Or Alive 4
    4. Lost Planet
    5. Chromehounds
    6. Fuzion Frenzy 2
    7. Viva Pinata
    8. Battlestations Midway
    9. Perfect Dark Zero
    10. Crackdown
    11. Moto GP 06
    12. Kameo

And games to be coming out:

-Too Human
    -Halo 3
    -Halo Wars
    -Blue Dragon
    -Mercanaries 2
    -Dance Dance Revolution:Universe
    -Banjo Kazooie 3
    -Bullet Witch

And not to mention many other surprises that are currently not revealed. So please, instead of being the common fanboy, do your research.

If I don't know you, and if I don't talk to you on the forums, don't send me a friend request. I won't add you and will not give you an explanation.

Member #
    Friends
    We own the wii and 360. I like the wii and my husband prefers the 360. It's all what you're looking for.

Member #
    Friends
    Get both, hell get all three. They're all great. But Xbox has alot of good games dropping which will make sales blast off.

Member #
    Friends
    8369-4137-0402-8056
    First off I loved the Xbox and thought it was the best last gen system (so no Im not a Nintendo fanboy)
    So let me ask you do you own all or Half of those games?
    Next Halo Wars is not out this year and neither is Banjo Kazooie 3 (can wait for that one) And you forgot to add mass Effect that game looks Sweet but I still want Kotor 3 for the 360 or Wii.
    Lastly the Wii also great AT LEAST 2 great games from the Virtual Console every month (Mario 64, Super Mario World, Mario Kart, Zelda, Zelda: Link to the Past, Street Fighter II: The World Warrior and Super Castlevania and more to come)
    But as of right now I am not impressed by the 360 and see no games (except Gears of War) That I really want. When Mass effect and Halo 3 come out I'll get a system. But if you look at a Calander of Nintendo's Paln to put game out your'll see at least one game you want from the Wii every 2 months (if not more) for me I see a new game I want every month, but most months have more than one good game coming out (this Month Sonic, Wii play and SSX blur come out) Thats not including VC games.
    But We'll have to wait until next Christmas to see who put out more good games and who offered more.

Member #
    Friends
    Online Gaming in this day & age is the wanted thing. Xbox has that right now, Wii doesn't.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ads