LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Do you think there's a Wii drought?

I've seen much discussion around Wii sites recently about a shortage of strong titles for the Wii. Couple this with the slow rate Virtual Console titles are getting released leads many to believe we are in the middle of a gaming drought for the Wii?

Here's a G4TV video debate on the subject:

[MEDIA]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3540086289209987205[/MEDIA]

With Super Paper Mario on it's way, and a good chunk of titles heading for Wii in 2007 are we really in a drought?

Member #
    Friends
    I don't believe so I have enough games to last me til then, I think that the consoles are slowy coming up too, and the games have a good lineup looking forward to them. The reason I say they are coming up is because they have been on the sears website for a while, and I saw 4 of them at walmart not even being touched yesterday, and I was going to buy another one but I already have extra one. So yea.
    Last edited by unggoy; 02-15-2007 at 08:22 AM.
    wii owner as of 01/10/2007, modded as of 02/12/2007!!
    I got Wii Sports(completed fitness), Madden 07 (Completed all star), Red steel (completed game), Super Monkeyball (completed 1p), Zelda TP (completed 98/100) Tony Hawk (haven't played yet), NEW ADDITIONS: Smooth Moves, Play(JAP VER), and Excite Truck bought yesterday.

Member #
    Friends
    8712-4572-7184-0673
    I dont think so I think all the PS3's are getting returned for Wii's

Although I know tons of peeps that are still searchin for it

Member #
    Friends
    Yes, yes there is, people have different opinions, but from my view, at the moment there is. First off, I live in the UK so I don't have half as many games available as the US but then again, that shouldn't be a factor, people in the US had to wait too. I downloaded Mario Kart 64, playing it again was amazing, but I completed it in a few weeks after getting used to it, after having it on the N64, it no longer has any replay value. I don't want Mario 64, I have it on the DS, and most of the other Virtual console games look dated.

I'm going to have to wait for the 16th of March for SSX Blur, I don't play my Wii anymore, almost completely, so much that I may have to buy Kororinpa which is released on the 23rd of February, it doens't look bad but if I had a choice, I don't think I would buy it, I'll see.

Member #
    Friends
    1156-6661-4692-6561
    no way, there is no drought for games at the moment. in fact its the opposite. i have enough games to last me till september at least. i have trouble fitting in all my game time.

Member #
    Friends
    5385-4035-7079-0395
    Between school and work, I have about 2 hours a day to play the wii. Just enough to slowly work my way through zelda. Or madden and excite truck if feeling lazy. Just the right spacing for March.

Member #
    Friends
    seeing as no good games have come out since release. I say YES. It was enough of a drought to make me buy a 360 (still love the Wii, its just coming on to slow!)

Member #
    Friends
    3766-9259-1086-3732
    I already used the bathroom once today so no I don't think my Wii has a drought.

Hook'em Wii

Ads