+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Look what I found
    Nintendo already told us that the hardware being used at E3 was not finalized. Moreover, during the show GameDaily BIZ met with ATI, which is providing the "Hollywood" GPU for the Wii, and John Swinimer, Senior Public Relations Manager of Consumer Products, emphasized that the Wii architecture is capable of producing far better results than what we've witnessed thus far. "I think what you saw [on Wii] was just the tip of the iceberg of what the Hollywood chip can bring to the Nintendo Wii," he said.
    Source: >>Click<<

Super Moderator - PM me if you have any issues.

We Want Young Blood.

Only took 4 years to get1 MetroidZ's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    1000-0000-0000-0000
    the wii is too small, but technologies came far and nintendo has been in the gaming industry forever. it will be another great addition to the wii tho.

Member #
    Friends
    i don't think its true but it would be a good suprise. If the wii was supposedly to have a lot of power, they would have showed its capabilities in the begining and since all the next-gen consoles would be pretty much equal in the graphics it could dish out and more people will see that it doens't matter about power since all three are the same, then people will be focusing on games and gameplay.

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    The graphics r "good enough", I mean to have everything the Wii's going to have w/ those graphics?....that enough to sell me, it already has.

And did anyone read the quote I just posted? "NINTENDO ALREADY TOLD US that the hardware being used at E3 was not finalized."

Super Moderator - PM me if you have any issues.

We Want Young Blood.

Member #
    Friends
    I would believe this if it wasn't for one thing: The size of the Wii. It's just tooo small to have graphical power equal to the 360/PS3's.

Member #
    Friends
    6980-3796-3948-8393
    Quote Originally Posted by KuRaNiMo
    I would believe this if it wasn't for one thing: The size of the Wii. It's just tooo small to have graphical power equal to the 360/PS3's.
    I agree with you, the wii is just too small, and anyway I think the graphics are good as they are, why do they need to be improved?

Name: Juan
    FC: 4253 0727 5993

No Asking For Rep

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    but the wii's technology will be stable, unlike the ps3's.
    assuring everyone that it will bring what it promises, and it also provides easy game development for developers

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by KuRaNiMo
    Have you ever opened a computer? You really don't need to though, there are enough powerful laptops to show that the size of a case only plays a small part in computer technology.

Member #
    Friends
    ^ You do have a point but miniaturization does add a bit of extra $$$, unless they can really fit all that under $250USD - well, expected price, low cost console. If there is a better graphics chip in the Wii, that structure itself (was it 3 full DVD case) still seems unlikely for an efficient cooling system. We're looking at a CPU, GPU, PSU, Optical drive... etc. Have you felt the heat coming out of a computer PSU or even an Xbox360, that thing is hot! Now, just add in those other heat creating device.. doesn't seem like the construction of a Wii can handle the heat. Oh, and I forgot to add, the wireless chip will have some heat too, for some odd reason I can actually feel more heat coming from my wireless card (on my laptop) oppose to the CPU area.

Member #
    Friends
    Tough I doubt that the wii will have any HDTV resolutions available I have to disagree with you guys about the possibility to cram a powerful gpu inside the wii, its totally possible! anyone remember dreamcast?? it had a liquid cooling system crammed into a really small machine. I don't know if it was heatpipes or a closed water cooling system but doing a closed water cooling inside the wii that has sufficient power to cool down the cpu+gpu+mem is totally possible, taking out lower HDTV resolutions should not be too hard.

One taught that I had about ATI:s comment about the hollywood having enough power to do so much more than Nintendo is showing us........ twin view for the HMD?????
    If they where to make one it could not use normal 3dglasses like nvidia have cause these need at minimum a 100Hz monitor and most people have a normal 50Hz or 60Hz tv and LCD displays dont work at all with this technology.

So they would need to build a transparent LCD in the HMD that would work palallell with the tv/LCD, thus needing more GPU power.
    Last edited by infernocs; 08-30-2006 at 03:10 AM.

Ads