Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Next Gen Wars

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4496-9128-1304-3457
    Nexgenwars hasn't updated sales yet. All those figures are weeks, maybe a month old. Ok 5 factors left for the PS3 to survive.

1. Launch in Europe needs to go well.
    2. They need to keep MGS4 PS3 exclusive (They practically lost everything else for exclusiveness)
    3. Pray the 360 doesn't do the $100 price drop.
    4. They need to drop their game prices at least $10.
    5. They need an online gaming network like X-box live. I hear the Wii is getting one in a few months.
    Last edited by sagema; 02-20-2007 at 12:30 PM.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    i spoke to a friend in GAME today and he said they have taken just over 60 pre-orders, and said it isnt looking like they are going to be short of demand by the time it comes out...

and about the games coming down in price, the console is expensive for a console. (i know its cheap in terms of it being a blu-ray player aswell, but not many people actually want a blu-ray player.....at least not yet or for a while)

Member #
    Friends
    since most of those replys are coming from fanboys..heres mine
    1.why is the ps3 losing so badly,can it have a come-back?? - its not loosing, its the first couple months of the system being out with no real games worth buying it for, with its price tag n all people want to make sure they have a lot of good games
    2.Is the wii doing so well because of motion sensing? - yah because its easier to pick up instead of pressing buttons n all
    3.Was nintendo dumb because they did not try to copy xbox live? yup, even though online is low on nintendos list its dumb for ninty and sony not to try to copy live
    4.Should microsoft take the price down on the wireless adapter?or just make a tottaly new 360? - im thinking this is more of a personal question for you it is the price it is because its for gaming, 360 pumps out a lot of info and if its going to be going through wireless, it needs a damn good adapter, so you pay for what you get
    5.Is ps3 a failure only because of it's price? its not a failure......pretty much same awnser to the first one
    6.If the ps3 had a lower price would the 360 be done for? would the wii be done for? the awnser is no, all 3 systems were similar last generation and there was still a clear winner, so just because both 360 adn ps3 have the same type of controllers (old school all though ps3 has a twist) dosent mean it makes the console
    7.should the wii have focused more on multimedia like it's competitors - yah, being able to rent movies and what not from the confort of your own home is something that is part of the future, having a big box that fufills all your entertainment needs
    8.Who will win? why? i think the xbox 360, not just because i have one, but i think the hype around the wii will die when people relize their only so fun for so long and youll have to keep buying a healthly supply of games to keep from getting bored, ps3 lost a lot of supporters because of the price, and those people (probably most) went to xbox 360 which at the time offered a huge arsenal of games, ps3 hasnt proved anything yet, xbox 360 is the more hardcore gamer middle system

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Member #
    Friends
    The Wii may be selling by the boat load, but unfortunately Game Houses don't seem to be taking the Wii too seriously.

Wii will die if it doesn't get good games that take advantage of its capabilities ( that I mean controllers ), and oh good graphics will be nice too :-)

I hope that pretty soon Developers will be more encouraged by Wii sales and start focusing on the Wii. Its irritating - PS3 sales poorly yet gets lots of games.. though saying that - development on these games started before the PS3 was released.

Member #
    Friends
    5880-1161-5752-5548
    Quote Originally Posted by stewart01
    The Wii may be selling by the boat load, but unfortunately Game Houses don't seem to be taking the Wii too seriously.

Wii will die if it doesn't get good games that take advantage of its capabilities ( that I mean controllers ), and oh good graphics will be nice too :-)

I hope that pretty soon Developers will be more encouraged by Wii sales and start focusing on the Wii. Its irritating - PS3 sales poorly yet gets lots of games.. though saying that - development on these games started before the PS3 was released.
    define "game houses". i consider my house a "game house", because i play games in it, and im taking onto the wii..... w.e. Wii is coming otu with good games and you guys dont realise that. At least nintendo produces its OWN games
    "The person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think " - Miyamoto

Member #
    Friends
    1.why is the ps3 losing so badly,can it have a come-back??
    It's losing so badly simply because the beast is expensive, and people can get a similar gaming experience for a lower price with the 360. People aren't ready to spend $600 and risk Blu-Ray losing to HD-DVD. Plus, a lot of people buying it will just have regular 480i 4:3 tvs and so Blu-Ray is useless to them.

2.Is the wii doing so well because of motion sensing?
    It's totally fascinating to non-gamers because of the motion sensing, and more attractive to them than the other consoles because of the lower price and the included game. Virtual Console is also a big selling point. People who played NES when they were kids are all grown up now and they see the VC and the nostalgia factor is huge.

3.Was nintendo dumb because they did not try to copy xbox live?
    Absolutely. Xbox Live is the epitome of online console gaming, and even though copying would be copying, it would still be better than friends codes. I think Nintendo is making a BIG mistake with their online by not following in the footsteps of Microsoft.

4.Should microsoft take the price down on the wireless adapter?or just make a tottaly new 360?
    Wtf is all this about adapters? I dont own a 360.

5.Is ps3 a failure only because of it's price?
    Hmm...Yes. 360 is a similar system and it costs like $200 less. Only a few people (the ones who boughts PS3s) found the included Blu-Ray to be attractive. A lot of people didn't want to pay extra cash for something they werent sure would be a success.

6.If the ps3 had a lower price would the 360 be done for?
    No. 360 had a year lead and sold 10 million consoles before Sony even entered the race. But it would definately sweeten the deal because of the added Blu-Ray (Imagine a console and a blu-ray player for $400).

7.should the wii have focused more on multimedia like it's competitors
    I think Nintendo absolutely could have given the Wii better hardware and kept the price the same. To answer the question, they didn't need to focus as much as Sony and Microsoft, and they didnt really even need to go HD. But they should have at least made Wii a bit more powerful than Xbox (the way the stats are coming out now it looks to be about the same, or a tad less powerful).

8.Who will win? why?
    I think that by a very narrow margin, 360. Followed by Wii. I can see the PS3 failing miserably. I can see the Wii selling very well, but never being able to catch up to Microsoft's 10 million console lead. I think Wii and 360 will be neck and neck, and that PS3 will be a lonely, overheating, heavy, expensive console left in the dust.

Well Nintendo certainly sold me, and I had an Xbox last generation. I personally thought Wii was stupid when I first heard of it, but I read up on it and it looked good. And when I bought it, it was even better than I thought.

Go wii.

Member #
    Friends
    4496-9128-1304-3457
    The game developers are geared for insane $10 million budgets. They will go where the consumers are to make back the revenue. Sony needs to shut the f up about their twisted view of the world, and listen to the damn consumers.

What made the PS2 great was it's affordable prices, and quality exclusive games. PS3 fans aren't PS1-2 fans at all. They are like WoW gold farmers. Any Sony fan realizes the blunder of the PS3.

Member #
    Friends
    "2.Is the wii doing so well because of motion sensing?"

For my family, this was the sole reason for purchasing the Wii. The Wii controller makes me smile every time I use it.

If the PS3 or 360 had the same controller, then we would have purchased one of those consoles instead. This is not to slight to the Wii, which is brilliant, fun and inexpensive. However, our HD-set sure would look better with higher res graphics (at least 720p).

Member #
    Friends
    Game houses - Game companies.

Why Game Houses? Software House -s is a software company - thus Game House.

No, you are not a game house, you are a customer :-)

Those games coming out are few are far between. I can count the number of games in the next month on one hand. People will get inpatient waiting and move to another console.

Sony produce their own software, as do microsoft - nintendo are nothing special in that department.

Quote Originally Posted by asdfnick
    define "game houses". i consider my house a "game house", because i play games in it, and im taking onto the wii..... w.e. Wii is coming otu with good games and you guys dont realise that. At least nintendo produces its OWN games

Member #
    Friends
    5880-1161-5752-5548
    Quote Originally Posted by stewart01
    Game houses - Game companies.

Why Game Houses? Software House -s is a software company - thus Game House.

No, you are not a game house, you are a customer :-)

Those games coming out are few are far between. I can count the number of games in the next month on one hand. People will get inpatient waiting and move to another console.

Sony produce their own software, as do microsoft - nintendo are nothing special in that department.
    what games have been made by sony, or microsoft, that were good
    "The person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think " - Miyamoto

Ads