LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Re Not Cancelled!

Resident Evil Wii Not Cancelled
    Capcom maintains game is coming; Resident Evil 5 is not.
    by Patrick Klepek, 08/28/2006

70 of 73 users recommend this story.
    Back in May, Capcom jumped on the Wii bandwagon by announcing a Resident Evil game was on the way for Nintendo's unique machine. Since then, we haven't heard anything more on the publisher's plans for Wii, but gamers wondered what was up when Pro-G published an interview where Resident Evil 5 producer Jun Takeuchi apparently said a Wii version was unlikely.
    Thankfully, the misstep was simply a miscommunications between Takeuchi and the website, as Capcom confirmed to The Wiire that Resident Evil Wii is very much alive and well; Takeuchi was instead referring to the possibility of Resident Evil 5 appearing on Wii. Considering the game's being designed from the ground up for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, the news isn't surprising.

Hopefully Resident Evil Wii's a little more than another installment in the mediocre light gun-influenced Dead Aim series, but until then, Wii fans can rest easy knowing something's coming.

shit i just exited out of link but yah you guys should believe me the only franchise i love more than Battalion Wars is NOT CANCELLED! AYYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYYAYYAYYAYAYA YAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYAYA

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    Awesome. RE4 was a total blast, and the thought of playing RE5 on the Wiimote makes me feel all fuzzy inside

I'm definately gonna buy it when it comes out, but that probably won't happen till next year or so.

Got mah Wii: 2/24/08

I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life.

And that is why I succeed.
    -Michael Jordan

prez , you suck :p in touch with the wii's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    5767-9309-0719-3080
    maybe this time i will get to see red steel slow mo that would be coool zombie disco

Member #
    Friends
    this is not a RE4 remake, its a totaly new game

and yah dont tell me you just play RE4 or started liking RE for RE4 or like RE for RE4, because that pisses me off, RE4 was just a popular-made game that has like no puzzle and is basicly a shooter, dont get me wrong but the only resemblence it has to the story of previous RE's is 1 sentence, at one of the endings of RE3 it says Leon was asked to do a mission for the president (my friend told me i havent gotten that ending)

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovieto
    this is not a RE4 remake, its a totaly new game

and yah dont tell me you just play RE4 or started liking RE for RE4 or like RE for RE4, because that pisses me off, RE4 was just a popular-made game that has like no puzzle and is basicly a shooter...
    Hmm... I hated RE before RE4 came out...

And RE4 had a TON of puzzles, and it was definately much more than just a shooter. You had to protect Ashley many many times, there were many different "find these pieces, put them here" puzzles, and the in-game interactive cut-scenes were a blast. Have you played RE4?

Got mah Wii: 2/24/08

I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life.

And that is why I succeed.
    -Michael Jordan

Member #
    Friends
    i own it i think i forget to mention it would be a great game if it wasnt called RE, dude, obviously you havent played previous REs? thoes puzzles my 6 yr old half-retarded cousin can figure out, and yah its basicly a shooter, it is more, but its core is a shooter

WiiChat Writer
    Member #
    Friends
    8756-4872-6334-8478
    Dunno as if i'll get it.. can't decide.. but cool

Only took 4 years to get1 MetroidZ's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    1000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiired
    Dunno as if i'll get it.. can't decide.. but cool
    lol. its probably gonna be great.

Cellebreation time pple!

WOOOOOOOOOh!!

Member #
    Friends
    4923-1552-6614-2047
    Omg Yes. I Have Love Resident Evil From The Ver Beginning And I Was Said When They Said Re Was Only Going To Ps3 And Xbox But Any More

Member #
    Friends
    8420-0141-9022-6948
    I came across this too, though I couldn't find a post on here that said it was cancelled in the first place. *shrug* Can't wait for it personally. Heck even a remake of the second Resident Evil would be fine by me!

Mail me if you want to add me on either the Wii or the 360.

Ads