+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Wii Rumors V2.0

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Wii Rumors V2.0

Wii Rumors

According to reports, a Nintendo executive accidentally let slip that the Wii graphics processor (GPU) is actually capable of doing full HD. Although Nintendo aren't interested in pursuing HD at the moment, if this is true perhaps the Wii will see hi-def games in a few years when HD has a stronger user base.

An Irish website (I'm dubious already ^_^) is claiming that Mortal Kombat: Armageddon will be the first 3rd party game to make full use of the Wii's online capabilities. Here's hoping.

An unconfirmed rumor exists that Nintendo are now working on a wireless nunchuk. This stems from some complaints that the wire restricts movement in games like Boxing (a part of Wii Sports).

Rumors from an official source in Japan suggest that a sequel to Wii Sports could be on the way. Said to include varied sports like tennis, hockey, volleyball, swimming and horse riding it's supposedly full of new and revised gameplay features. Most interestingly, the rumor also claims it will have online play so you can face off against other sports fans.

A rumor has started that Nintendo are looking into ways of making wiimotes suitable for leg use. This would likely work by some kind of strapping mechanism. Image the possibilities. Football! Dancing! Err... long jump?

A rumor is out that the Wii is graphically a lot more powerful than we've been led to believe. It's been said that Nintendo have been playing us for fools the whole time, showing us demos with substantially crippled graphics compared to the Wii's true capabilities. Why would they do this? To create a sense of wonder and surprise at the next press event which takes place on September 14th in New York. Watch this space!

Word is out that the wiimote can't aim properly at certain angles when halogen lighting is used in the room. As halogen lights get more common in our homes it could put a dent in the Wii's popularity. If this rumor is true hopefully Nintendo can solve it before launch. The alternative of course is to play without the lights on. Night tennis anyone?

Member #
    Friends
    1156-6661-4692-6561
    now thats a good thread. well done, i never knew some of th stuff on there, thanks!

Member #
    Friends
    Im surprised that no one has replied yet

Anways. thats some sick news. I am really hoping that they dont come out with an entirly new Wii when the colors come out.

With the wireless numchuks? i dont find any need for them.

You got some kool stuff here.

good find

Member #
    Friends
    Hopefully the graphics rumours are true, will have too wait and see though....

WiiChats Offical Druggie ilovemywii's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    8002-1759-8157-9828
    haha too bad there all rumours =[

Smoke two blunts then I smoke one more, go to the store then I buy five more.
    Guitar Hero 3 Friend Code: 1719-1351-3665 PM me if u add me
    SSBB Friend Code: 3909-7219-4799 PM if u add

Member #
    Friends
    nice bit of info there. keep up the good work.

The key to immortality is first living a life
    worth remembering. - Bruce Lee

PSN ID: Byuakuya

Member #
    Friends
    4496-9128-1304-3457
    As I said many times before. All 3 systems have hard drives. This allows them to do more with the systems. You also have to factor in these game systems have more in common with computers. I heard the 360 will eventually launch a new processor that will make it more powerful than cell. You can buy a new 360 or pay $50 for the upgrade. Launch date for the chip is 2008. It also supposed to make the 360 cheaper to produce.

Member #
    Friends
    I also heard that the Wii has HD capability, but we won't see it because it would cripple the framerate. Check out the following Inquirer article:

http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=37694

As for the other rumors, how about linking your sources?

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by GhOsT55
    With the wireless numchuks? i dont find any need for them.
    imagine when the real tennis games come out, if you have to keep the nun chuck and the remote so close to each other (with the wire length) then so mnay people are gonna damage the connection by pulling them apart..

also boxing was mentioned..

i think something like project hammer or red steel to an extent could make for some interesting fighting moves/gameplay, just an idea though

Member #
    Friends
    8378-9431-6272-0002
    ahh yes but there will always be limitations... no system is perfect... regardless wii definitely comes close....

that leg strap rumor is interesting... i had an idea in a previous post a while back that guitar hero 3 (should it come out for wii) should have wrist straps along with a wireless guitar, because then you could make moves and use moves to multiply your point count... ie. behind your head, behind your back... and your movements with your hands would show in the onscreen character... pair that with leg straps and you could get some cool power moves and point multipliers.... play with your feet or something equally crazy...

wireless numchuck sounds good on paper... but then they are also going to cost more simply because they need to wireless technology crammed in there along with a AAA battery or something...
    Some live some die, in the way of the samurai...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ads