LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
Closed Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by tuned
    And for the record, no software is refundable once opened... if your not living in a bubble, you should know this. Nintendo will repair the console, and seeing as you cannot return it for cash from the POS, you can trade it in at any EB or GameStop for another system. Done deal.

no you an't, they will give you a cirtin amount of store credit, and they test it then and their if it dosent work they wont take it. Plus it might only be so much credit, and what system is worth the wii? PS3? my ass 360? ha!

Member #
    Friends
    I don't think this guy has any interest in listening - he just wants to complain. He doesn't even understand what a warranty is. He thinks a warranty means you can return it anytime within the warranty period. That just is not the way a warranty works.

His complaint is about the store policy from where he bought the Wii. Stores such as Best Buy have very strict rules on when an item can be returned (or if it ever can). Those are store policies and have nothing to do with Nintendo.

Nintendo is responsible for the quality of the product - not the retailers return policy. In this case Nintendo is above many other electronics companies. They offer a full 1 year warranty and will promptly at no charge repair or replace the system. What more can you ask of them? My daughters DS broke a few months ago and I sent it to Nintendo and had a replacement within a week. No questions asked.

There is no reason to flame everyone here as being Nintendo "fanboys" for being responsible enough to know a stores return policy before buying a product. Why don't you go to a Playstation board - you may just find they will give you the same answer. I do not know your age but you need to teach yourself the basics of return policies and warranties. Otherwise you are going to find yourself disgusted every time you make major purchases through your life.

Example: Go out and buy a Ford car with a 5 year warranty. After a few months you return to the dealership and demand your money back. It has a bad alternator, and if you had known when you bought it you never would have made the purchase. Good luck getting the dealership to take your car back and good luck posting on Ford bulletin boards with 'For Shame Ford'. I'm sure the Ford "fanboys" will for some reason think your demands are a bit unreasonable.

Member #
    Friends
    Btw

off topic:
    fanboys and fans are diffrent. Fanboys are people who likes things that are clearly not liked much by the public and they try to make it sound great. 360 fanboys dont do this, they just says stuff no one gives a crap about, the memory the intake procesing 4858 %^ times 2 all that BS.

Member #
    Friends
    This guy is obviously just a troll trying to stir up stuff. best bet is to ignore him, and he'll go away.

As anyone with even half a brain knows, stores set policies about refunds, it would be the same for an xbox, nintendo, or sony. Your 1 year warranty will be honoured by Nintendo provided it is a manufacturing defect, and not that you stuffed some peanut butter and jelly sandwhich into the drive.

The_Loose_Cannon
    funcoland, gamestop, ect they give money back for trade ins. they deduct 20% though i believe if you wish to take the money instead of store credit.

for example, if you trade in a game and gamestop gives you 40$ for it but you want the cash? they deduct a small percentage of that because youre not trading in one for another.

also, wiitendo is right. they test the hardware before they take it and they take down your licence and information to submit it to the local Police Department incase someone steals your games and they can "trace it"

so if you sold a broken nintendo and traded it into funcoland, they take down your info and then youre screwed.

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    You guys should have learned to spot a troll by now.

Obviously, he has no wii. Because all of his posts are in this board (pretty much.) and every one of them has pretty much bashed the wii.

He's not even called support, or anything an intelligent person would do.

All this board is is just flame-bait.
    That turtle has a brief case. It must be going to work. I hope it has a good day.

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Ads