LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    I can see his point what people continue to forget is that Nintendo made this console to be cheap. Why he is being so pissy about it is beyond me. If as a game developer you don't like it, DON'T RELEASE GAMES FOR IT. Then again, that would mean he couldn't cash in on nintendo sales and would be limited to PS3 and Xbox sales.

for shame lol

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    1221-0924-0117-6130
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiitime
    http://wii.ign.com/articles/771/771051p1.html

Hecker ended his spirited rant with two demands for Nintendo: First, recognize and push games as serious art. And two, "make a console that doesn't suck ass."
    Art is in the eye of the beholder, and Wii is a masterpiece.

What is wrong with making games that are "fun".

What a jackass.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadeballs
    Art is in the eye of the beholder, and Wii is a masterpiece.

What is wrong with making games that are "fun".

What a jackass.
    you just countered your own statement

i too recall hearing discussion about wii not being able to handle complicated AI, that sucks
    for you wii owners

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Member #
    Friends
    1221-0924-0117-6130
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovieto
    you just countered your own statement

i too recall hearing discussion about wii not being able to handle complicated AI, that sucks
    for you wii owners
    How did I counter my own statement?

Don't Mind Me. I'm Stupid XwiimasturX's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    i hope that he gets stuck making a game for the wii.

karma would come back and bite him in the ass.
    mwahahahaha.

although i bet his game would suck balls and he would be fired from his job.

karma would come back and bite him harder in the ass.

Member #
    Friends
    I understand where he's coming from.

But, Wii games aren't generally the shooters, etc that people want. They are the adventure games, party games, etc. Look at what's selling! Multiplayer, family action/adventure titles for the Wii.

Rayman Raving Rabbids, (Wii Sports!), Wii Play, etc. I bet Tiger Woods Golf will go well.

Eventually: Mario, Smash Bros, Mario Party... Goombas coming toward you aren't difficult to program -- these games are meant to make people enjoy them.

That being said, this guy needs a life. A 750MHz PPC CPU is more than enough for "complicated AI". Drop a few textures.

Member #
    Friends
    His comment about art isn't really well thought out. Art comes in many forms not just graphical art. Some people may consider paintings a form of art, other may consider music a form of art, some call mathematical equations a form of art and others find innovation is a form of art. What makes something artistic is not just the graphical category.

For example I still to this day consider Star Craft and Splinter Cell Chaos Theory SvM to be the two greatest works of art in games. Star Craft because of it's story-line and design and Splinter Cell because of the sheer innovative approach taken to stealth action multiplayer. Neither of these games have great graphics by today's standards but to me they are still works of art.

Just because the Wii isn't pushing "artistic" in the graphical sense doesn't mean what they are doing isn't a form of art. To me it's really innovation that makes things artistic to me and from my view the Wii is by far the most innovative of the consoles. What he may feel is not art can be art in a different way then he sees it.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadeballs
    How did I counter my own statement?
    you said art is int he eye or whatever
    and then you went on to say its a masterpeice and more fun

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Member #
    Friends
    hecker..........he hurt my wii's feellings. who care if nintendo doesn't make serious games that's what makes the Wii so fun or should I say all nintendo console are. they talk about the wii like as if it has nothing good to give, well he's wrong. PS3 is a piece of shit, I saw a guy on youtube destroy his with a freakin chainsaw, a freakin chainsaw, what the hells with that.
    Specs of the wii are:
    well made and affordable
    fun games
    cheap accersoires(cost wise)
    and cheap cheap games(games)
    well and the fact of nintendo presenting something unique that Sony or Microsoft will never achieve.

YA sure maybe the other consoles have the graphics on there side but F@#$ them they don't have to dis a system becuase of some little flaw, F*** you Hecker

Sincerly Wiitastic Master

(p.s): SONY YOU SUCK THE BAG, BIG TIME, IF SOMEONE CUTS UP A 700 DOLLAR MACHINE THAT MEANS YOU JUST SUCK.
    You can't beat the,"Wiitastic Master", cause I just so fanatastic. That's why Im the master of Diaster

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    I'll close this board. Nothing but flamebait and a place for arguing.
    That turtle has a brief case. It must be going to work. I hope it has a good day.

Ads