+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Wii Home!

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4265-9989-6310-1490

Wii Home!

Since PS3 is getting their online community to a whole new level do you guys think it would be time for the Wii to get an online chat thing that looks like what the PS3 Home is going to be all about! I was kinda jealous after watching a trailer of that Home thing!

Any words from nintendo there will be a chat place with Miis?

2. Ads

world crown chimpokomastr pizzaluvr's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    ummm... or maybe what XBOX Live has been like for 1.5 years?
    Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    4265-9989-6310-1490
    PS3 Home looks way better than xbox live... did you actually see any trailers of it...

BTW I am not a big PS3 fan I'm just fiending for some online on the Wii!

Member #
    Friends
    5251-2094-6508-9892
    I agree...I hope Nintendo launches something akin to that for us. I don't know if it will use the Miis or not but it has to be something. That Home trailer was incredible despite the fact that I despise Sony with a passion.

Member #
    Friends
    It'd be nice if you gave a link to more information so people can know what the hell you're talking about. For those who don't know what Home is, here's a link:
    http://www.gamespot.com/events/gdc07...opslot;title;1

I think it looks great. Even better than what I wanted the Miis to be. More reason for me to get a PS3 sometime in the future.
    Last edited by bugmenot; 03-07-2007 at 07:10 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    Too bad Kotaku's rumor gave away the surprise factor! A Wii Home would be cool. I can imagine the Sony fanboys starting numerous threads that Nintendo is copying Sony though if that happened.
    Now playing: Phoenix Wright, Picross
    Wishlist: No More Heroes, SSBB, Disaster: DOC, Fire Emblem DS, Tales of Symphonia 2
    UGa football (11-2): Sugar Bowl Champs

Member #
    Friends
    i'm ashamed to admit that I was actually a bit concerned about this home when i kept hearing about it. but now that i've seen it, i find it quite boring. That concept has been done so many times it's ridiculous and I personally can't find anything exciting about spending all my time walking around an environment and building a house and chatting and blah blah blah. If i want to build a space with furniture and virtual people, I'll play the sims. If i want to talk to people online, I'll get online in a chatroom or AIM or use the phone or something. I dont want to spend all my time on a console doing that stuff, I want to be playing games. Not lounging around a fake apartment showing off my "stuff". *yawn!*

Sorry sony, but as cool as you think that is. It's not. Im sure many people will jump on it for whatever reason, but it's certainly not for me.

Member #
    Friends
    7177-5401-1319-4531
    PS Home is neat, but I don't think I would ever really use it. I'm not really into sims or online chatting. Hence why I have yet to add anyone to my friend list.

I'm sure Nintendo has a lot planned for the Miis that hasn't been announced yet. And seeing how 3rd party has just been allowed to incorporate Miis into their games, I'm sure there'll be interesting twists in the future... friend codes and all.

Member #
    Friends
    Isn't there for Nintendo gamers to suggest to Nintendo to freaking step up and produce a little more mature games, and by the way PS3 totally copies off anything Nintendo tries to offer!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Zant
    i'm ashamed to admit that I was actually a bit concerned about this home when i kept hearing about it. but now that i've seen it, i find it quite boring. That concept has been done so many times it's ridiculous and I personally can't find anything exciting about spending all my time walking around an environment and building a house and chatting and blah blah blah. If i want to build a space with furniture and virtual people, I'll play the sims. If i want to talk to people online, I'll get online in a chatroom or AIM or use the phone or something. I dont want to spend all my time on a console doing that stuff, I want to be playing games. Not lounging around a fake apartment showing off my "stuff". *yawn!*

Sorry sony, but as cool as you think that is. It's not. Im sure many people will jump on it for whatever reason, but it's certainly not for me.
    So you think the Wii's News channel, Internet channel, Vote channel, etc., are pointless and boring. I mean it's goal is to keep you on the console so you can get everything you need in one place.

I would love to see something like this for the Wii but I don't think the system has enough power to pull something of this scale off. I could be wrong. Though I will wait to see what Nintendo gives us.

Ads