LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Wii Lifetime ?

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    none of these systems "NEED" anything else. it's the games and the power of ideas that really keeps things going. it's the same exact thing when it comes to movies. Yeah cool special effects and high paid actors are good to have in a movie, but what REALLY matters is the story and entertainment factor. If the script and story sucks, then the movie is going to suck regardless of how many special effects and big stars are in it. Case in point, Napoleon Dynamite did phenomenal, despite being made with virtual unknowns and on almost no money. But movies like Bloodrayne, Adventures of Plutonash and Gigli all suck so hard.

Same goes for games and systems, graphical power and speed are all well and good, but if the games aren't rocking then the system is essentially just one expensive paper weight. You need awesome games, no matter the graphical beauty, to keep your system alive, and that's what the Wii has. Not to say the Xbox360 doesnt have them as well (i've yet to see any real ones on PS3) but I'm just saying the Wii has what it takes to go 5+ rounds. Especially if the developers take advantage of its unique capabilities. I'm sure it'll take a little while for them to figure out some nifty stuff to do with it, like it also took them a while with the DS but it will come with time and experience.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    Four and half years from now, in time for Christmas is about right and seeing as the 360 had a headstart on Wii. I could see Nintendo's next and a new Xbox released around the same time.

I don't believe all this ten year life of PS3. Technology moves on Sony would get a new machine out there 12-16 months after the competition.

If like people its going to finish up being a three way split market its hard to see what will happen. PS2 is going strong so long after because it was so successful. If the spoils are shared then maybe more motivation to kick start the new wave.

I GOT A JAR OF DIRT. surfinrach90's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Foreveeeer! Lol. Hmm.. I'd say 5 years ish. before the next big console, think we'll see a one or two hand helds in between then though

Member #
    Friends
    0079-8462-7419-1215
    lifetime
    the wii will never die

Official Metroid Breeder Zarogan's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    5460-1571-7458-7185
    probably 4-5 years, I wouldn't like having the same console for 10 years, I love when new nintendo machines come out =P

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Farid
    any one knows how many years is supposed to live the wii ?
    Yoda you are?
    Depends on how much you use it. I'd be happy with 5 years.
    BTW, I got the 3-year extended warranty from Target where they replace it no matter what so I'm good for at least that long!

Ads