LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0554-7647-3242-2709
    because for the past 3-4 months it was nearly impossible to find a wii or a ds on a shelf in any store, in my area at least. nintendo only focused on one of them at a time.

Proud Wii-S3 owner
    PS3: Guitar Hero III, Heavenly Sword, Lair, Oblivion, Resistance:Fall of Man, Motorstorm, Skate
    Wii: Call of Duty 3, Excite Truck, Mario Party 8, Red Steel, Sonic & the Secret Rings
    SSX Blur, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Paper Mario, WiiPlay, WiiSports, Zelda: Twilight Princess
    PS2: FF-X and FF-XII, Gran Turismo 4, Gretzky NHL '06, Guitar Hero II, Jak & Daxter, Ratchet & Clank, Shadow of the Colossus, and Sly Cooper
    DS: NEW Super Mario Bros. and Pokemon Diamond

Member #
    Friends
    If they flood the market with the wiis, their product will go down in demand and value.

Sadly its true. A lot of people have shown interest in the wii because its hard to obtain. People want whats hard to obtain and the fewer there are gives the illusion of a greater demand.

Its merely marketing tactics by nintendo to keep interst in there system untill they can get more of their 3rd party games on the market as well as some other titles.

btw it doesnt help that there are people who have no job and just go around buying up all the wiis they can so they can resell them on ebay for way more than the recommended retail price.

Member #
    Friends
    Demand > Supply. It's quite simple really.
    Number of times I've been on the 48-hour banned list: 1

I GOT A JAR OF DIRT. surfinrach90's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    I think a lot of stores OVER pre-ordered if you get me. I know that this is the case around by me.

For example: A store took say 200 pre-orders of the console and on launch day the only got like 100. So each delivery they get are still going to the people who pre-ordered.

Something like that anyway ya know. So this slowed things down for a while..it should pick up soon..I actually think there's going to be as surge of them very soon, it's been quiet for a while their going to boom onto the shelves.

Member #
    Friends
    4103-3191-5795-3127
    Everywhere in UK sold out and pre orders aren't currently being taken. It was exactly the same with the PSP before Christmas.

Member #
    Friends
    less supply drives up the demand. beautiful and yet annoying marketing tactics.

Member #
    Friends
    They aren't on the shelves, simply because of what has been echoed in nearly every response. There are far too many people who want one, so they actually ARE coming in almost weekly, it's just that they LITERALLY cannot stay on the shelves for more than a half an hour. But as ARav989 said you can get a PS3 any minute of the day.

The other day I was at Best Buy to do some browsing and they had moved their stock of 13 PS3s from the shelves to RIGHT IN FRONT of the doors, in the hopes that people will walk in and want to buy one. Lol, I doubt that anyone will though.

I wonder if sony's budget is going to get stretched thin this fiscal year, making so many blu-ray players AND ps3's and hardly selling much of either because of the prices. I can't imagine their hardware manufacturing costs. The blu-ray players i looked at were like $1,100! Outrageous.

Member #
    Friends
    one major problem is that out of the ~5 million sold, 2 million are unplayed and unopened in the basement of those jackarse ebayers trying to make 60 bucks..

considering they camp these stores 50 hours a week you would think they could just get a job and make more, but w/e

Member #
    Friends
    Nintendo tries their hardest but they just can't keep up with the demand! That's how awsome Wii is!

100 proof straight Sketch Sketch Turner's Avatar
    Member #
    In a place above a place that's below a place but inbetween the other places. o_O
    Friends
    Oh yeah!

Pain is weakness leaving the body

Ads