Even with Wii's ability to play *.mov files in Photo Channel, as everyone knows, it's extremely hard to watch movies with your Nintendo Wii.
If anyone tries to watch movie with Wii, you will go through:
1. "Well... Is it possible to watch a downloaded divx or xvid movie with my Wii?"
2. You google.
3. And find out: YES. ("yay!")
4. "So... How do I do it?"
5. You google.
6. And find out that you have to convert file into right format.
7. "How do I do it?"
8. You google, and download Wii Video..9.
9. You convert the avi file into MPEG.
10. And get surprised by the file size. 700MB to 2GB.
11. You go out and buy 2GB SD card.
12. You try.
13. Well, it doesn't work.
14. You google again.
15. You try convert *.avi file into *.mov with your Quicktime Pro(I struggled again to get Quicktime Pro)
16. And result is: no screen, no sound, just 2GB
17. You google again and again
18. You convert *.avi file into *.mov with another program, and then convert that mov file with Quicktime Pro.
19. Still, huge size. only 1/3 of your movie file fits in 2GB SD card.
20. Finally... IT DOES WORK!
21. But you get disappointed with the quality of the file. You don't feel like watching it...
22. And also you get disappointed because you can't put the whole movie in one SD card.. You'll probably have to go and transfer your remaining half of the movie after watching the first half. You don't feel like watching it even more.
Well.. Does this whole process makes sense to you? This is what I exactly had to go through. I stayed awake 'til 5am in front of computer.
And I had to waste my 80 dollars with SD card and card reader.
So what I suggest is that..
" Nintendo should make a Wii Ware that plays Divx/Xvid movie file! "
It doesn't sound totally impossible for me..
Well, will this dream of mine come true someday?
Because I don't have any knowledge with hardware and software of Wii, so please, if there's any Wii expert here, answer me: is this possible?