+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Official Metroid Breeder Zarogan's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5460-1571-7458-7185
    Quote Originally Posted by Farid
    maybe ill be a nintendo hater someday, but that day will raise another nintendo fanboy
    If I ever stop being a nintendo fanboy, at least I left my little brother as one... he's my young padawan... xD

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarogan
    If I ever stop being a nintendo fanboy, at least I left my little brother as one... my young padawan... xD
    i was going to edit my post because i want to say something

I`ll never and i repet never gonna hate nintendo because this company makes me happy and walk with me one of the longest paths of my life: My childhood

so nintendo for everything you had given me and for everything you will give me thank you from the bottom of my heart!!!
    Wii`ve Got The Power
    Wii Are Divine
    Wii Have The Guts To Follow The Sign
    Extracting Tensions From Sources Unknown
    Wii Are The ones To Cover The Throne

Official Metroid Breeder Zarogan's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    5460-1571-7458-7185
    i was going to edit my post because i want to say something

I`ll never and i repet never gonna hate nintendo because this company makes me happy and walk with me one of the longest paths of my life: My childhood

so nintendo for everything you had given me and for everything you will give me thank you from the bottom of my heart!!!
    I feel pretty much the same way (notice I said "If I ever stop being a Nintendo fanboy...", never said I would hate them)

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    no, i think that if nintendo is staying with childs you are in no position to said that, because like you said "I Loved Nintendo back in the day" but maybe you just need to give up and let other childs enjoy these games, remeber you were a kid. Why you cant let others enjoy what you have enjoy for so long?
    I am in EVERY position to say what i believe. Especially since I helped contribute to their success.

You miss the point. Nintendo was never centered on children in the past, they made both mature and child friendly games. However, they made the mistake of not following with their original audience as they grew up. Even watching Link and the Zelda franchise change.. that was horrible. If any of you have played the 3 original nes games, you would know what im talking about. They went even more kiddy and made Link a small midget in a cartoon world for the gamecube. Nintendo wont make that mistake again though as it was not popular in japan, and there was a bit of a backlash. They went too far into the realm of kiddy.

What nintendo needs to remember, is that if it aint broke, dont fix it. Mario RPG anyone? This is a good example of a game that went from great to preschool grade horrible. Mario RPG was nintendos attempt at getting into the rpg genre, it was a big success since rpgs were aimed at the more grown up audiences for the snes. They didnt follow through, they got the attention of the older audience and then released paper mario. They screwed over their mature audience.

Lets take another look at how they work. At E3 when they revealed the graphics of the gamecube, they showed a rendered video of an older link fighting a grusome Ganondorf. It was aimed clearly to intrique the mature audience, now that they have their attention what do they do? They release a zelda game that looks like it was made for a child's saturday morning cartoon, right after barney and friends.

They are not consistant at being true to both audiences. Its really about delivery, and they fail to deliver products for their older gamers as well as their new ones.

And as for fanboys, personally they are the most ignorant close minded people on the face of this planet. They some how think THEY have to be loyal to whatever brand they associate themselves with, but they have it mixed up. Its the BRAND (nintendo, sony, sega) that has to be LOYAL to the consumer. Todays fanboys really just make society more stupid. Thats my opinion, and if you read some of these boards, you would relise its close to fact.

Member #
    Friends
    Haven't we heard information about this already happening? colored wii's, Wii's that play DVD's?

I don't think its a matter of IF more of when and will we NEED to upgrade to keep up...

Now about the whole Nintendo FanBoy thing I've loved nintendo ever since duckhunt and the and that olympic game with the powerpad! but I Also loved my atari(pong was friggin awesome!!) when it first came out but eventually if a company isn't giving you what you want you move on...
    Last edited by Ridewithme38; 03-15-2007 at 11:02 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridewithme38
    Haven't we heard information about this already happening? colored wii's, Wii's that play DVD's?

I don't think its a matter of IF more of when and will we NEED to upgrade to keep up...

Now about the whole Nintendo FanBoy thing I've loved nintendo ever since duckhunt and the and that olympic game with the powerpad! but I Also loved my atari(pong was friggin awesome!!) when it first came out but eventually if a company isn't giving you what you want you move on...
    Oh gosh.... Colors that could be changed with skins... DVD playback that is uneccassary (and could be fixed with a mod-ship anyway)

All this invisable greatness! WE MUST BUY A WHOLE NEW CONSOLE OMFG

a;lfjljljf2;lasf

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenNevets
    Oh gosh.... Colors that could be changed with skins... DVD playback that is uneccassary (and could be fixed with a mod-ship anyway)

All this invisable greatness! WE MUST BUY A WHOLE NEW CONSOLE OMFG

Sorry buddy but your sarcasm is misplaced here....Colors change granted can be changed with skins and DVD playback may be hacked with a ModChip thats not the problem....

The problem is when a new version of anything comes out the old/outdated version loses its value and appeal VHS was all the rage until DVD showed up(Might not be the best example) How about when we went from Standard definition TV to High Definition TV...Which would you rather have if they're priced the same? And because most people would say HD that lowers the demand for SD TV therefore lowering the value and price

Soo by them coming out with a NEW model of the Wii the are making ours outdated and therefore lowering the value of what most of us have just bought...

hmm sorry if this doesn't make sense its almost 2am here and i've been trying to get my toddler to sleep for 5 hours!!

Member #
    Friends
    2011-9992-2025-2233
    Guys trust me on this one, The DS was an experiment and look how well it has gone, nintendo totally took all production of the Gameboy which had a great success and focused all of it to the DS. As long as the wii sells well like it has done and is still doing so nintendo wont have a need to replace it with a new console. Besides the DVD version which no one really cares about.
    If You Add My Wii Code, Please PM me with your code so i can add you. THANKS

Member #
    Friends
    5902-8435-1391-5947
    I dont think its a prototype... I think most of its fixes are firmware updateble. Even the DVD player that everyone is whining about (Dont you guys own Stand Alone DVD players?) I think Nintendo approach to the DS was a wise one. I mean look at the phat DS.. its ugly and no where sleek its current competition, The PSP (which mind you, does come near the DS lite) They made it sleeker and way more brighter screen and downright sexy to play (either White, Pink or Black) But look at the Wii, I think Nintendo knows that if it was a prototype and sold a newer console they would be murdered in this market in which they barely got back into. They are doing good. Just enjoy the Wii and quit worrying about the future.

Visit us at Menenge.com and help our Community GROW!!!

Member #
    Friends
    2011-9992-2025-2233
    Yeah thats right the wii has been out for what 4 months if that long, its still a new console enjoy the damn thing lol
    If You Add My Wii Code, Please PM me with your code so i can add you. THANKS

Ads