+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Official Metroid Breeder Zarogan's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5460-1571-7458-7185

Wii as a prototype console

I've seen in this forum several times ppl saying Wii is like a kind of prototype to see how the console should really be made (something like the Nintendo DS and Nintendo DS Lite) so I'm, kinda worried about it, cause it really pissed me off when I found out there was a DS Lite and now every accessory is made for it and not to fit in the actual DS, appart from the price drop the DS had when the Lite version came out, so I think it would be really annoying if Nintendo made us spend 250 bucks (447 in my case, I live in Chile) just to experiment and then release a new console that would cost us the same price again, or even higher.

I just would like to know how possible this could be, if any of you know =P

Thanks ^^

EDIT: If you think about it, it could be possible, because I think the Wii is really lacking in some aspects, and I don't mean graphics, but the absence of a hard-drive, those reboot-like loadings when you come out of a channel, that sort of delay for the wiimote and the feeling that you're not really connected to everyone else, as it is supposed to be. Luckily, most of these matters are fixable via updates, but with the Wii limited 512mb of internal memory I don't know how much they can improve this.
    They should create something to make the SD cards more of an extension of the memory, you could be able to load saved games from it and play VC games stored on it too, it just feels like a backup of some kind, not a real memory extension, if you know what I mean.
    Last edited by Zarogan; 03-15-2007 at 09:16 PM.

Spoiler Alert!

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    dude, i would be so pissed, i would totally flame nintendo and become a M$ fanboy, lol

world crown chimpokomastr pizzaluvr's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    i've already given up on nintendo
    Spoiler Alert!

Official Metroid Breeder Zarogan's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    5460-1571-7458-7185
    Quote Originally Posted by Stranger
    dude, i would be so pissed, i would totally flame nintendo and become a M$ fanboy, lol
    I could probably be considered as a die-hard nintendo fanboy, but I would really be pissed off if they did this, so I'd probably turn into M$ too (Sony never, I hate them)

But I've still haven't gotten an answer... =P

Spoiler Alert!

world crown chimpokomastr pizzaluvr's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    M$ pwns all
    Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by pizzaluvr
    M$ pwns all

no
    Wii`ve Got The Power
    Wii Are Divine
    Wii Have The Guts To Follow The Sign
    Extracting Tensions From Sources Unknown
    Wii Are The ones To Cover The Throne

Member #
    Friends
    5880-1161-5752-5548
    who really cares. id just buy the new system. But the wii is not a proto type. Thats stupid.
    "The person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think " - Miyamoto

Member #
    Friends
    7740-5070-1158-5119
    dont worry bout it. the wii has alot more work into it compared to DS.
    Wii on 25/12/06 - Ps3 on 10/07/07

PSWii Owner
    Brawl: 1976-9887-4438 Bowser Player

Member #
    Friends
    when will you all learn. Todays nintendo fanboys are tomorrows nintendo haters.

I loved nintendo back in the day, when they were good. Now they are average, maybe even below it. They rely on a child like approach and their franchises to sell their product rather than stay true to their gamers that made them successful to begin with.

This is not to say i hate nintendo, rather i just dont care about them much anymore.

Miyamoto's idea to use a remote instead of a controller was good, but they should have kept going. Nintendo doesnt listen to Miyamoto anymore, they rarely agree with him on his innovative ideas. Thats why nintendo will only get worse.

anyways enough of that. OP, every console will have a back up form to continue sales. Think of a star wars dvd that keeps getting released with slight changes (directors cut, added footage, new sfx, ect). They just want to keep the fanboys buying their goods, even if it means paying for the same thing over again.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiftfallout
    when will you all learn. Todays nintendo fanboys are tomorrows nintendo haters.

I loved nintendo back in the day, when they were good. Now they are average, maybe even below it. They rely on a child like approach and their franchises to sell their product rather than stay true to their gamers that made them successful to begin with.

This is not to say i hate nintendo, rather i just dont care about them much anymore.

Miyamoto's idea to use a remote instead of a controller was good, but they should have kept going. Nintendo doesnt listen to Miyamoto anymore, they rarely agree with him on his innovative ideas. Thats why nintendo will only get worse.

anyways enough of that. OP, every console will have a back up form to continue sales. Think of a star wars dvd that keeps getting released with slight changes (directors cut, added footage, new sfx, ect). They just want to keep the fanboys buying their goods, even if it means paying for the same thing over again.
    no, i think that if nintendo is staying with childs you are in no position to said that, because like you said "I Loved Nintendo back in the day" but maybe you just need to give up and let other childs enjoy these games, remeber you were a kid. Why you cant let others enjoy what you have enjoy for so long?

maybe ill be a nintendo hater someday, but that day will raise another nintendo fanboy
    Wii`ve Got The Power
    Wii Are Divine
    Wii Have The Guts To Follow The Sign
    Extracting Tensions From Sources Unknown
    Wii Are The ones To Cover The Throne

Ads