LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfpacSnakepit
    oh boo freakin' hoo! A few black pixels every now and then!!! U poor babies!

Who (with a life) gives a shit?
    I care because I invested $279 (CDN) on a unit and hundreds more on accessories and games and I expect the system to work flawlessly for that price. If there is a manufacturer defect I expect a replacement under warranty. Thank god I live in the same town as Nintendo Canada's head office!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by My god the Wii owns...
    Oh god...the warranty's over...this crap better not happen for me.
    How is the warranty over? Its 1 yr + 90 days if you register it

Member #
    Friends
    Maybe its the Twilight Princess trying to communicate?

Member #
    Friends
    7300-6469-2862-5349
    Quote Originally Posted by Two Dollar
    I care because I invested $279 (CDN) on a unit and hundreds more on accessories and games and I expect the system to work flawlessly for that price. If there is a manufacturer defect I expect a replacement under warranty. Thank god I live in the same town as Nintendo Canada's head office!
    <--- You.

It's only the cheapest system on the market and IS flawless. A few little black pixels now and then hardly registers as a manufacturer defect... Stop crying and get over it. I've probably spent more on my Wii than you have on yours and do you hear me having a whinge? No. Grow up.
    What i've got so far: Wii, Wii Sports, Wii Play, LoZ: TP, Marvel: UA, Rampage: Total Destruction, WSOP: ToC, Excite Truck, TMNT Wiimote x2, Nunchuck x2, Classic Controller, Fan/Neon Lights, Wiimote Charger, Skins - Blue, Black, Pink, Green, Component Cables, Trial Opera Browser & Classic Games: DK Country, SimCity, Super Mario Bros., Kid Icarus, Super Mario World, Street Figher II, Castlevania IV, Zelda: LttP

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfpacSnakepit
    <--- You.

It's only the cheapest system on the market and IS flawless. A few little black pixels now and then hardly registers as a manufacturer defect... Stop crying and get over it. I've probably spent more on my Wii than you have on yours and do you hear me having a whinge? No. Grow up.

How do you figure that constant black "noise" on the screen caused by an overheating video card is not a manufacturer defect? I would say that is the definition of a manufacturer defect.

I hope your Wii hasn't suffered the same defect as mine; however, should it in the future, I hope you take the proper steps to have your Wii fixed prior to the warranty expiring. I will be calling Nintendo Canada on my first day off work (Thursday) and I assume they will rectify my problem.

Member #
    Friends
    2128-5991-2659-7269
    I called Nintedno last night and informed them of my problem. I explained it in detail as much as I could, mentioning what I believed the cause was and what others in the forums have said. The guy I was speaking with was very nice and really helpful. I was so impressed. Best customer service I've ever dealt with. As soon as he had an understanding of the issue and made sure he was clear, he sent me an email with a repair order number and told me I could send in my wii for repairs if I choose. So I'm very pleased about that, but not about the fact that my wii's gpu has already started crappin out. I noticed that after turning off wiiconnect that my wii is now cool all the time, even while playing games, and that the artifacts are less noticable than before. However, they are still apparent in the fog in zelda and the sky, as well as some spots in Blur.
    I should also be able to have wiiconnect on all the time with no problem because it was designed for that. And even the nintendo rep said so.

So my suggestion for anyone with this problem, call nintendo, let them know, get a repair order or ask for a new console to trade for yours and there ya go. I also registered my wii to get the extended warranty.
    Once you get the repair number, if you choose to repair yours, you have 3 months to decide whether to send it in or not.

Member #
    Friends
    1616-2753-9551-8415
    Artifacts / Polygon tearing are a danger sign on a PC that you're overclocking your graphics card too hard, and therefore the card is running too hot! I'd suggest this is the same on the Wii (the overheating bit, not the overclocking bit), and therefore, before rushing off to Nintendo to get a repair order raised - try moving the Wii around to a cooler place - you could even try pointing a desk fan at the ventilation slots in the Wii just to see if this fixes it.

If this does fix it, I'd suggest that the problem is environmental and not a faulty Wii, and there's little point in sending it back to Nintendo.
    Wii on the simexchange!

-No External Links

Link removed by a nazi moderator who obviously believes it more important to act in a complete denial and pretend that wiichat is the only Wii site out there, rather than allow the dissemination of beneficial information to all Wii owners.

Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant
    But withotu dong so

Member #
    Friends
    5361-7973-5682-6452
    i started noticing this about 2 months ago. Happens in games and on the Wii menu. Thought it was the TV, but I tried diff cables, 2 TV's and a projector, all the same results. Its not environmental issues at all, I have it in the basement, cemented floor, where its friggin cold down there and this still happens.

http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-...se-screen.html

It got a little worse over time and finally decided to take it to Nintendo. Requested a repair order online and they sent me a UPS packaging slip with pre-paid shipping. Very easy process. I sent it last Wed, and nintendo just got my package. Should get it back in another week. Expect to be wii-less for at least 2 weeks. I say don't wait until it gets worse, let Nintendo take care of it now while still under warranty. They have good customer service anyways
    Last edited by s9am_me; 03-19-2007 at 12:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiily Good
    Why is that knob in the Youtube video playing it with one hand. What a knob.

Member #
    Friends

Artifacts on Screen

I have been noticing some artifacts on my screen lately. I was running excite truck, and I can barely see the screen when fog appears on the screen. The fog turns black, and you cannot see anything. I tested with Zelda also in the caves, and I had the same effect, and I tested with Wii Sports, and i get tonnes of artifacts in the sky in baseball. I have also noticed atrifacts on the Mii channels.

I have unplugged the Wii for the night, I am going to try to re-locate it it tomorrow and see if the problem gets better. I really do not want to send it in and lose it for 2 weeks. We play it daily, and it would be really missed.

I am also going to try turning off Wii Connect 24. Will update you all.

It is definately not my TV, my power supply just died in it, and I had the tv serviced, and I see no artifacts on DVD, Xbox, PC. Just the Wii.

Ciao
    Wiichatwally

Member #
    Friends

Still No Good

Yeah looks like I have to call Nintendo Tomorrow!

Sucks

Ads