http://cgi.ebay.com/Brand-New-Ninten...QQcmdZViewItem

Wii: $250
    Nunchuck: $20
    Wii Play: $50.
    Sales Tax (here, anyways) : $32

Total spent: $352

Sold for: $710 (plus shipping)

Profit: $358.

Now, TRY to tell me that ain't a profit THIS LATE IN THE GAME ( What... FOUR months down the line?!)

At this point, there are no such thing as scalpers. Just people who put money in their hands.
    That turtle has a brief case. It must be going to work. I hope it has a good day.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Trulen
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Brand-New-Ninten...QQcmdZViewItem

Wii: $250
    Nunchuck: $20
    Wii Play: $50.
    Sales Tax (here, anyways) : $32

Total spent: $352

Sold for: $710 (plus shipping)

Profit: $358.

Now, TRY to tell me that ain't a profit THIS LATE IN THE GAME ( What... FOUR months down the line?!)

At this point, there are no such thing as scalpers. Just people who put money in their hands.
    amen to that. Only the problem is, those who sell the consoles for much more tend to cheat the system by buying wii's in bulk. Meaning, One person can buy half a shipment of wiis from a store, leaving little for the regular consumer. This is dirty in my opinion.
    Last edited by Shiftfallout; 03-17-2007 at 09:30 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiftfallout
    amen to that. Only the problem is, those who sell the consoles for much more tend to cheat the system by buying wii's in bulk. Meaning, One person can buy half a shipment of wiis from a store, leaving little for the regular consumer. This is dirty in my opinion.

I agree nothing wrong with making profit off of 1 but If you buy 4 or 5 at a time it doesn't give people that really want the Wii a chance to buy it at market value
    Wiiman54

Member #
    Friends
    half the wii's sold are sitting in peoples basements unopened trying to be sold.

most of them sell for around 320 + like 25 dollars shipping which is like70-80 dollars profit each one.

but you have to take into consideration these cool ebayers spend 50 hours a week camping stores to get wiis, might average 3 wiis a week. not too many jobs pay you less than that.
    except the ones that abuse their jobs(like some dilhole at my local walmart, his friends get them all everytime they come in)

Member #
    Friends
    I shouldn't complain. After waiting inline to not get a Wii because it was sold out I got one off ebay a week or so later for less than the retail value, new in box and all.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by drroett
    I shouldn't complain. After waiting inline to not get a Wii because it was sold out I got one off ebay a week or so later for less than the retail value, new in box and all.
    you lucked out
    Wiiman54

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by peterose
    half the wii's sold are sitting in peoples basements unopened trying to be sold.

most of them sell for around 320 + like 25 dollars shipping which is like70-80 dollars profit each one.

but you have to take into consideration these cool ebayers spend 50 hours a week camping stores to get wiis, might average 3 wiis a week. not too many jobs pay you less than that.
    except the ones that abuse their jobs(like some dilhole at my local walmart, his friends get them all everytime they come in)
    Found this awhile back...

All from the same store. Mass selling them, the minimum bid is 250. In desperation many are bidding over 350. I think these people get more than just 3 wiis a week. Theres a reason they are so hard to get, thats not because regular customers buy them fast, rather people looking to make a profit buy them first.

When the ps3 and wii launched, some web news group went around interviewing the people in line. They estimated over 35% of them were there to resell the systems after they got them. This is from people admitting it.

It also reminds me of a true story about a man who bought property near a native american reservation. There was a river that went through his property, and he basically put nets to block the salmon from traveling up stream, and also redirected some of the water, lowering its level at the native american reserve. They relied on the natural order of the fish and the river itself. When they approached him with their concerns, he merely asked them for money. THe more they gave him, the more fish he would let move along.
    Kind of a similar senario. Its dirty but effective.

Member #
    Friends
    Wow, I didn't realize some people were getting so many. I figured most ebay sales were resales of the system from those people who didn't enjoy it. What's truly amazing is thinking about what the software sales would be like if all the Wii's in circulation were with owners whom used them.

Member #
    Friends
    Dude thats some nice profit.
    Keep it up.
    Your Pro ,or your a noob - thats life

I own a USA Wii (sold my EUR Wii) 2x Wii motes 2x Nunchucks

Super Mario Galaxy | Naruto Clash of Ninja Revolution | Guitar Hero 3(selling PM if interested) | Zelda TP | Wario Ware

Member #
    Friends
    You know, if any one complains about the PS3's price, you could always buy a wii, sell it, and then you would have enough for a PS3. All for the price of a wii. Wierd.

Ads