+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Give Me Reason

WiiChat Member TheTwilightPrince's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Dossage
    As I'm sure all have you have heard right now, the playstation three has been delayed four months in europe. I just can't wait that long, I feel let down by sony but that is neither here nor there.

I am now looking at the other options, those being Wii and 360. I think I am going to get Wii for the simple fact that I'm going to get a DS and I like the whole complete gaming feeling I get. Forgive me this is partial lazyness on my part but I'd like you to give me reasons as to why I should get a Wii over a 360, right about now I am nothing more than curious about the controller.

I also have a few concerns:

when I come in from a hard days work and I want to relax and play games I don't want to have to wave, shake my hand all over the place just to play a game, not disputing that it's not a great idea but it seems as though alott of the games will require some form of movement from me. Can someone tell me if this is the case and if so explain why there I will be able to enjoy playing games without my wrist aching lol

I am also concerned that the control is nothing more than a novelty, can I be sure that developers will consistantly be bringing in new ideas to keep it intresting?

Diversity, this for me has been nintendo's biggest problem since the n64, they are good no great at what the do but there is no real sense of diversity in there games. Name a good racing simulater (i.e. Gran Turismo, Project Gotham), I think nintendo need more third part support this generation, it needs more diversity.

I feel in the last generation, gamecube got left behind, it got to the point where I'm not even sure if gamecube games where on the shelf in average stores. How do I know Wii won't just fritter away like the gamecube did, maybe GC didn't do as bad I thought, in terms of sales can anyone roughly tell me how good/bad it did.

Is the link between DS and Wii going to be better thand GC and GBA (because I didn't feel this was utilized to it's full potential at all)... Considering how well DS is selling I would hope that the potential was fully fulfulled.

Graphics...while nintendo fans all say what would you rather have good game or good graphics, I think this is partially niave, the two go hand in hand, one contributes to the other... Granted gameplay is more important but I just get the feeling that nintendo fans undermine the importance of graphics, to me it's graphics that can truly create an awesome atmosphere e.g. Final Fantasy VII the first cut scene with the train riding round into the city (for those who have played the game know what I am talking about). Exactly how far behind is the Wii to the ps3 and 360, I didn't feel that the GC was that far behind ps2, infact I'm not even sure if it was behind at all...

Reasonable feedback, answers to my questions would be appreciated, also I don't mind how technical you want to get with specs and what not I am pretty well tuned.
    Well, if we are to look at originality, then go for the Wii. The 360, though a good console, is really just a shinier Xbox with better graphics. Same old thing really. The PS3... well, originality isn't in their vocabulary, as any new idea that Nintendo have come up with, they have copied. I wonder, how many people will have lost interest by the time the PS7 comes out...

Graphics, I will admit, are important - but if you look at the Gamecube's graphics, which are still pretty awesome - the Nintendo Wii's graphics are twice as good as that. Go to www.youtube.com and type in Metroid Prime 3, or Super Mario Galaxy, or Red Steel. You will see that the graphics do not disappoint.

Let's look at games - what does the 360 have, in reality? Besides Halo, which is exclusive to it, there really isn't much reason to fork out such a large amount of money for a console with limited selection. Playstation 3, I won't deny, WILL have some good games - but the vast majority will just be sequels. The Wii is trying new things, which is something other companies seem to afraid to do. The Wii is taking a risk, and judging by the fantastic feedback the console has got so far, this risk is paying off. With the Wii, Nintendo is doing all they can to make you feel like you are a PART of the game, not merely playing it. You can interact in ways you've never been able to before.

But it all comes down to games - and from what I've seen so far, the Wii will have a vast selection of games to suit EVERYBODY, and not just the loyal few.

Without meaning to be biased, as I am a Nintendo fan myself - go for the Wii. It's the cheapest, the most original, the most intuitive, and most importantly the most fun. Wii is about gaming for everybody, INCLUDING hardcore gamers - 360 is about gaming JUST for hardcore gamers.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by m7ticalm
    Wat was wrong with gamecube graphics? I beleive they were perfectly fine.
    I was impressed, and from what I've seen from the Wii, the graphics don't need to be improved, they've pretty much reached perfection in my opinion.
    Last edited by TheTwilightPrince; 09-06-2006 at 03:00 PM.

Only took 4 years to get1 MetroidZ's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    1000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by m7ticalm
    Dont waste your money on a 360 or ps3. Wii is cheapest and is the only "real next gen console" in my opinion cause ps3 and 360 are just upgrades on processors and graphics cards from their previous versions.
    sounds too desperate. even tho i agree.

he should get the wii for sure because its completly different from the others, but buying another console wouldnt be bad.

Member #
    Friends
    My opinion is, that Sony, Xbox and Nintendo (I'm being polite, naming myself at last :P) have different strategies. They all want to make the game feel so reality-like at all possible. Sony and Xbox chooses to make the graphic at life-stage, when Nintendo makes the GAMEPLAY at life-stage. Sony and Xbox's idea could have worked ten years ago, but now, when all graphic is that great anyway, they do a fatal mistake. Nintendo concentrates on gameplay, which in the last end is the right thing to do (as all on this forum knows, haha). It will by VERY interesting to see the NEXT consoles (If Sony's Playstation and Microsoft's Xbox survives our beloved Wii).

My opinion!

-Jabba

Member #
    Friends
    well first off.....i think ur leaning more to the 360 cause u seemed alot like u were complaining in that thread.....so in my opinion u dont need any motivation from anyone to get what ever you want...and you wasted ur time with this thread....i mean do you really expect anyone to say get a 360 on a Wii discussion site.....man people like you shouldnt even make an account if your going to post stupid things like this.....i rest my case
    ThE QuI3t ThInGs ThAt No0nE eV3R Kn0wS

And Ill Scream With A Thousand Voices...
    I AM SANE.
    I AM SANE.

Xbox 360 Online Gamertag - Number1Newb

Member #
    Friends
    ok again with being mean JC stop doing that it really isnt nice we are all here to have fun not for you to ruin it all!
    (= Back =)

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by JCpackers05
    well first off.....i think ur leaning more to the 360 cause u seemed alot like u were complaining in that thread.....so in my opinion u dont need any motivation from anyone to get what ever you want...and you wasted ur time with this thread....i mean do you really expect anyone to say get a 360 on a Wii discussion site.....man people like you shouldnt even make an account if your going to post stupid things like this.....i rest my case
    And people like you should be banned as I believe harrassment is against the rules.

Common sense - the person posted on a Wii forum asking for reasons to get one instead of a 360 - does that not tell you that he/she is actually leaning more towards Wii? This thread isn't a waste of time, he/she is simply asking for advice. Let's follow his/her wishes. If you can't say anything nice, then don't contribute to the thread - easy solution.

Member #
    Friends
    first off.....that wasnt at all harrassment i think u should learn what that is before accusing someone of it.....plus everything i said was opinion and i dont think it was mean at all.....so if u dont like my opinions....dont read my comments...simple as that
    ThE QuI3t ThInGs ThAt No0nE eV3R Kn0wS

And Ill Scream With A Thousand Voices...
    I AM SANE.
    I AM SANE.

Xbox 360 Online Gamertag - Number1Newb

Member #
    Friends
    Get a Wii it is much better than the others. I dont think you will get your arms tired.

Wii funds $400

Member #
    Friends
    meh do i dare pull up the elebits video showing the guy play with barely only moving his wrists while doing full movements in teh game?

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Remove Ads

Ads