Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New Channels

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by cannon
    GDC 2007: New Wii channel revealed
    It's time to compare avatars.

During his GDC keynote, Shigeru Miyamoto revealed that a new channel will soon be added to the Wii. The new channel will allow you to compare Mii's with people from all over the world.

Shigeru stated "Today people are so taken with the Miis around the world. Im working on a new Mii channel. With this channel we are going to let people compare the Miis they created in a popularity contest. And you will be allowed to do this with people from around the world."
    No pictures or images of this new channel were revealed, but we expect more information on the new channel to be revealed shortly.
    Maybe a little city? Sound Cool? Make your house. Interact with other miis playing around the world. Some saftey rules. get stuff for your house with mii money, move your mii around the city, get a job, work for other miis, trade items. Sound cool. It might be to much to make it into a channle through

How many licks does it take to get to a tootsie roll center of a tootsie pop?

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by UsedRugs
    Is a pain to set up.

I'm still trying to get it to work properly. Why can't they just make a regular program with one install instead of having to install xampp, pearl add-on, wiicr, and wiicr tools? That is too many downloads!

Member #
    Friends
    Hey two dollar could you get pearl to install? Mine told me that Xamp was not installed.

I tried everything to install pearl.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by cannon
    GDC 2007: New Wii channel revealed
    It's time to compare avatars.

During his GDC keynote, Shigeru Miyamoto revealed that a new channel will soon be added to the Wii. The new channel will allow you to compare Mii's with people from all over the world.

Shigeru stated "Today people are so taken with the Miis around the world. Im working on a new Mii channel. With this channel we are going to let people compare the Miis they created in a popularity contest. And you will be allowed to do this with people from around the world."

No pictures or images of this new channel were revealed, but we expect more information on the new channel to be revealed shortly.
    Yeah supposdly Japanese Wii owners got messages sent to their Wii about it. Can't find the article where I read that just now, will look after classes.

Member #
    Friends
    Hey two dollar could you get pearl to install? Mine told me that Xamp was not installed.

I tried everything to install pearl.

I just got it working. It's okay.....similar to Orb but a heck of a lot harder to set up. Download both the XAMPP and Pearl Ad-on from this page. Download the 30mb XAMPP 1.6.0a Installer and then on the same page, scroll down a little bit and install the 61mb Perl 5.8.8-2.2.4 add-on. After that, download the wiiCR and wiiCR tools and install both. Once that is done, follow the instructions on the "how to intsall" section on the wiicr.org page.

Member #
    Friends
    5902-8435-1391-5947
    Quote Originally Posted by brl131
    the wii just came out 5 months ago, give it time, lol
    well spoken. Give it a year you guys. Let it soak in.

Visit us at Menenge.com and help our Community GROW!!!

Member #
    Friends
    I got it working too.. Thanx two dollar.

WiiCR is a little klunky... But is cool...
    The video stops sometimes the Wii locks up....

Thanx again Two Dollar

Member #
    Friends
    2011-9992-2025-2233
    Wii media center x is great, its easy to use and easy to set up here is a link
    http://www.redkawa.com/mediacenters/wiimediacenterx/
    If You Add My Wii Code, Please PM me with your code so i can add you. THANKS

Member #
    Friends
    I got WiiCR and Orb to work. I like Orb best, its easy to setup and use. Seems more stable than WiiCR which causes my Wii to lockup.

These sites are cool but, I don't like the huge bar at the bottom when using the Wii internet browser please get rid of that HUGE UGLY BAR!

Member #
    Friends
    I got WiiCR and Orb to work. I like Orb best, its easy to setup and use. Seems more stable than WiiCR which causes my Wii to lockup.

These sites are cool but, I don't like the huge bar at the bottom when using the Wii internet browser please get rid of that HUGE UGLY BAR!

I like Orb the best too....I'll keep both on my PC though because you never know how things will change with the full Wii Internet Browser!

Ads