Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: WiiConnect24?

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by *Chris*
    Before I actually even start to think about WiiConnect24, I will have to see if Nintendo are actually allowed to implement WiiConnect24 into the UK.

Basically, since the WiiConnect24 function of the Nintendo Wii would need the system to be on, in standby mode, 24/7, a new law where the British Government is pushing to have standby features taken out of electronic equipment during production could mean that the service would be altered, or even unavailable, for all UK consoles. Source - nintendowiifanboy.com

It seems like a great feature, and it would be a shame to give it a miss...but like it states..."service could be altred". Surely Nintendo wouldnt just ditch the WiiConnect24 project altogether, just because of 1 law? There must be another way? I hope this wont interfere with online gaming aswell...??
    so Not everybody has to have the Wii on 24/7 you can turn off the Button in the wall :/
    (= Back =)

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Patches I would expect to be free, but any add-ons (new maps, characters, whatever) are probably going to cost a small fee.

Quote Originally Posted by *Chris*
    Before I actually even start to think about WiiConnect24, I will have to see if Nintendo are actually allowed to implement WiiConnect24 into the UK.

Basically, since the WiiConnect24 function of the Nintendo Wii would need the system to be on, in standby mode, 24/7, a new law where the British Government is pushing to have standby features taken out of electronic equipment during production could mean that the service would be altered, or even unavailable, for all UK consoles. Source - nintendowiifanboy.com

It seems like a great feature, and it would be a shame to give it a miss...but like it states..."service could be altred". Surely Nintendo wouldnt just ditch the WiiConnect24 project altogether, just because of 1 law? There must be another way? I hope this wont interfere with online gaming aswell...??
    I wouldn't worry too much about that law just yet. It hasn't even been passed yet, and if it is, it'll takes years to implement it (by which time millions of Wiis will probably have been sold already in the UK). Also, it could be argued that the Wii downloading while in standby mode is preferable to downloading when the console is using its full-blown power.

Ads