LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Yeah i suggest the wavebird especially with your 61 inch tv will look like crap 3 feet away with a wired controller. Also i suggest getting resident evil 4 and mario kart. Also cheap time wasters since you've never played a GC get super mario sunshine and primal fury, they can't be over 10 bucks.

Member #
    Friends
    2652-0001-8231-6800
    I'm in the same boat. I just bought mario sunshine and loving it so far. I also ordered metroid 2 (my brother has the first which I'll trade with him for until I beat the first one) and resident evil 4.

I really want Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem and Beyond Good and Evil. If you like zelda, reviews say that Beyond Good and Evil is like a grown up zelda type game. I want it really bad but it's hard to find for cheap, it's fairly rare. And let's not forget LoZ: Wind Waker if you liked zelda, although its very different from TP. I already have that but prolly won't play it very soon. Many loved it, many didn't (mostly cause of it's style and kiddishness).

People suggest Tales of Symphonia if you want an RPG, or Baiten Kaitos. Gonna finish the gamecube games I bought already first though. A newer game that was released in 2006 that looks cool is Chibi Robo, but it also looks kind of kiddish so I'm gonna wait on that one too. As someone mentioned the IGN Top 25 is a good place to look too.

I already have a gamecube controller, my brother doesn't play his much so I took one of his, I'll prolly pick up a wavebird when I start making money again in the summer.

Check out www.hitgaming.com for cheap new gamecube games. Shipping is somewhat expensive but it evens out cause the prices are marked down and I highly prefer new copies to used ones. I'm weird like that.
    Last edited by Skorp; 03-20-2007 at 09:38 PM.

|Losing Faith Nintendo| LyricistSoldier's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    get a wavebird, prime, rogue squadron 2, jedi outcast, smash bros, mario kart

nuff said, thread closed.

will trade wii for 360 elite yep its happend 360 owns wii ALREADY
    OH... and take that plastic guitar controller if you have one n shove it up yer

Member #
    Friends

good gamecube games:

Super smash bros
    Mario tennis
    Mario kart
    Paper mario

Are really good as well.

Member #
    Friends
    2652-0001-8231-6800
    Is Paper Mario for gamecube much better than the one for N64?

Member #
    Friends
    Mario Kart Double Dash, Mario Sunshine, Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader, Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike, Wave Race, F Zero GX, Zelda, Resident Evil, Metroid Prime.. all very good Gamecube games.

Some games although the Gamecube versions are great i'll wait for the updated Wii version, such as Smash Bros.

I currently have Mario Kart Double Dash, Resident Evil and Metroid Prime which i borrowed from a friend. I own Rogue Squadron III (it was $8!) and hope to get F Zero GX, Rogue Squadron II and Mario Sunshine cheap too.

Member #
    Friends
    Thanks for all the replies!!!

I already played Beyond Good & Evil on my Xbox; it was pretty good at the time.

I guess I'll have to consider and look into these Mario games that everyone keeps mentioning. I previously had not payed them any attention because they seemed so cartoonish and kiddish. Do older gamers like those Mario games as well?

Member #
    Friends
    2652-0001-8231-6800
    I think Mario Sunshine definately is somewhat kiddish, but the level of difficulty surprises me. It is a very robust game with lots to do and many challenges. The tasks are varied enough to have kept my attention all week. I have 42 or so Shine Sprites, I believe there are 120 total, but I'm sure they'll be harder to get the more I get. Despite it's kiddishness I think they did a great job with the game, its very worthy of the mario name. I loved Mario 64, somehow this one seems more kiddish, but its growing on me the more I play.

...yea... My god the Wii owns...'s Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Skorp
    I think Mario Sunshine definately is somewhat kiddish, but the level of difficulty surprises me. It is a very robust game with lots to do and many challenges. The tasks are varied enough to have kept my attention all week. I have 42 or so Shine Sprites, I believe there are 120 total, but I'm sure they'll be harder to get the more I get. Despite it's kiddishness I think they did a great job with the game, its very worthy of the mario name. I loved Mario 64, somehow this one seems more kiddish, but its growing on me the more I play.
    1. Hm...I'm starting to think that you think this game is kiddish.
    2. How is it "kiddish", let alone more kiddish than Super Mario 64?

It's Mario...do you expect endless gore and ominous darkness?

....ANYWAY, I'd suggest Super Smash Bros. Melee, Super Mario Sunshine, Metroid Prime, The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker, Resident Evil 4, Soul Caliber 2, if your into sports, maybe some skateboarding (Tony Hawk), football (Madden, 2005 is a good one), or basketball (NBA Live).

Member #
    Friends
    Well I just got home with a new Nintendo Wavebird controller and Resident Evil 4.

I have batteries in the Wavebird, its turned on, the receiver is plugged into the Wii through a gamecube port, both set to the same channel and nothing happens. How do you get the Wavebird to work with the Wii?? Thanks!

EDIT: I figured it out....it doesn't work in the Wii menu but after you start the Gamecube game then you start using the gamecube controller and it works....
    Last edited by Bridgeboy; 03-23-2007 at 05:36 PM.

Ads