LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Gamecube Games on Wii: Recommendations requested

I recently bought a Wii specifically to play Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess because of all its great (perfect) reviews. I am currently playing LoZ:TP and I am having fun, but when I'm finished, there is not much of any other Wii games that really catches my interest at the time. I have owned and still owned an Xbox and an Xbox 360, however; I've never owned a Gamecube, and there are several highly rated games for Gamecube that I never played that I thought I may want to try now that I have a Wii. Specifically, Resident Evil 4 and Metroid Prime received very high ratings and reviews in the past.

So, the purpose for this post is for anyone to suggest any Gamecube games that they thought were good and that they would recommend for play on the Wii.

Graphics are important to me, although not paramount if a game is good otherwise (LoZ:TP is a good example....it may have good graphics for the Wii, or Gamecube, but it definitely has much poorer quality graphics than the Xbox 360 games for instance, but it is a fun game to play so the graphic quality isn't that important). I play on a 61" 1080P HDTV and I use the component cables with the Wii. By the way, are all Gamecube games 480i or are some 480P?

Also, would you suggest that I buy the Wii Classic Controller, or should I buy a Gamecube controller, or does it make a difference?

Since I've never owned a Gamecube, and I'm only just a beginner with the Wii, any other suggestions or thoughts fon this subject will be welcomed as well.

Thanks!

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    If you do buy a GC controller, get a wavebird, its totally worth the money

Member #
    Friends
    Get Resident Evil. I never had a gamecube but my uncle gave me all his gamcube stuff a month ago. You got to get Resedent Evil 4 and the Zelda Collecters Edition

Member #
    Friends
    Ok i am in the same boat as you. I never had a gamecube so I just bought a used copy of Resident Evil 4 and Metroid Prime 2 and they are both really good so far. You will have to buy a gc controller though to play gc games as the classic controller only works on the virtual console. I bought a wavebird for $30 at Target. I know for sure I am going to get the rest of the Resident Evil series for the gamecube. I believe there are like 6 different ones. I plan to get Mario Sunshine and the Zelda games. I'd like to hear some more suggestions from people who had gamecube's.

Member #
    Friends
    Except for Resident Evil(1), RE4 and RE zero, the others (re2, re3) are just ports.

Member #
    Friends
    Also, double dash is a must

Member #
    Friends
    IGN has a top 25 GC guide, most games peope would recommend are on there.

a;lfjljljf2;lasf

Member #
    Friends
    3049-9371-2306-9680
    Yup Mario Kart: Double Dash! Fun game! Also, Super Smash Bros. Melee, since Brawl probably the most anticipated game for wii.

360 GT: LostCelestial
    PSN ID: AerialSpirit

Member #
    Friends
    Melee is a given :P

Member #
    Friends
    Viewtiful Joe is a fun game but kinda hard (for me anyway, although the one for DS, while equally awesome isn't as difficult). I also am going to try and get Resident Evil 4. I hope it's as good as they say.

But in regards to getting a classic controller vs. gamecube controller. DEFINITELY get the gamecube WAVE BIRD. It's a bit pricey but it beats the stuffing out of your other options, especially better than sitting all close to the wii because youve got a short wire on a regular gamecube controller.

I bought a wavebird so i could play Ocarina of Time from the virtual console, it is SOOOOOO convenient to just sit there and switch from one game to another to another to another, without ever having to get up and plug this in or that in.

Ads