LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Question about GC games on Wii

Does anyone know if you can access the Wii Home from a game cube game? I was playing SSB Melee and tried going back to the Wii home (by pressing the Wii Home button on my wii mote) but all that happens is the 4 lights blink on the remote and nothign happens. To get back I have to reset the console... am I correct in saying that is the only way to get back to the Wii Home?

Member #
    Friends
    0990-1391-2473-1732
    Weird.... but I never tried GC games on Wii because I do have a GC. However, I could go to the main menu from the Virtual Console, pressing home bottom, but from the controler (I do not need the classic controller, because I do have 2 wireless GC controlers. Maybe the home bottom of your Classic Controler is broken? Try to press home with the remote. If you only have the remote and play GC games with a GC controller, then, no idea.
    Pokemon FC 5240 8584 1640 Name: Fer
    My wife (Ana) is a berry master. I have tons of each berry (1-64). PM

Wi-Fi Wins 212 Loses 18 Draws 2 Random PBR Wins: 188 Loses: 4
    Overall amount of sent eggs: 463

Paste this in you signature if you discourage the act of asking, in posts and signatures, for reputation. Adding reputation should be done purely on the reputation giver's initiative, without prompting from the receivee.

Member #
    Friends
    Yes, the only way to get back into "wii mode" is to eject the disc and reset, or power off. The Wii is essentially two different consoles in one. I doubt if this will be changed in future updates, though it would be nice.

Member #
    Friends
    0990-1391-2473-1732
    Really?

Lol... from the virtual console you can... At the end... the GC one is just a channel more like the Wii videogames (the same one), and all the channels of virtual console.
    Pokemon FC 5240 8584 1640 Name: Fer
    My wife (Ana) is a berry master. I have tons of each berry (1-64). PM

Wi-Fi Wins 212 Loses 18 Draws 2 Random PBR Wins: 188 Loses: 4
    Overall amount of sent eggs: 463

Paste this in you signature if you discourage the act of asking, in posts and signatures, for reputation. Adding reputation should be done purely on the reputation giver's initiative, without prompting from the receivee.

Member #
    Friends
    You can from the Virtual Console because those are running in software emulators, and that software is running on the Wii.

The Gamecube in the Wii is hardware based, not a software emulation. You could wish for software emulated gamecube, but I'd much prefer the hardware based route they've taken for a number of reasons.

First of all, all the gamecube games will work. Xbox360, and recently Sony PS3 have used software based emulation for their backwards compatibility, and not all games work.

Also you have a much better shot at gamecube homebrew working on a hardware based gamecube than a wii emulated one. Althought I haven't tried any homebrew yet for the gamecube (and there really isn't any yet for the wii), I do play some gamecube games and I think they're great.

Member #
    Friends
    2652-0001-8231-6800
    Yeah I recently found this out myself too playing some gamecube games. I was mostly upset that it doesn't keep track of how long you play gamecube games in the messages area like it does for Wii and VC games and channels. But I do agree it's better we have the hardware than a software emulation.

What just struck me is I'm curious how the next gen nintendo system will be backwards compatible with Wii games. The controllers would have to be similar or I suppose you could just have it detect Wii controllers and it's own controllers. That's a neat thought.

Ads