Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Guru of everything Ninty wezeles's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    6074-3351-1151-1701
    they couldnt make most VC games online anways they only own the nintendo brand ones and have rights to use the others.. not change them... the whole idea of VC is retro gaming... wii brings old gamers back with new gameplay and a library of old favorites... thats why they sell like crazy mom and dad are now playing with the kids... and dont leave out grandma and grandpa...

but the online deal is a bit of a drag they had online in the works forever they should have never launched without it... but based on there first timeline they were early anyways just to keep up with ps3 and 360.. you dont want to get left behind... and aparently it worked they are outselling them both everymonth now worldwide...

they will get to it, sad news is i think they are more concerned about pumping out systems then improving them right now... there are more than a few people are nintendo pulling double shifts just try to do what they can with what they have... with the demand they are streched thin im sure... its been 2 decades sence nintendo was the leader... they arnt use to it...

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by dedpoet777
    i found this article on the net.... what are your thoughts?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That Nintendo refuses to enable Virtual Console games for online play is their second stupidest move. Playing Double Dungeons may be less amusing than playing Saga Frontier while being murdered, but if I could play it online with Pat, there is no doubt in my mind I would. Streets of Rage, Toejam and Earl, Tecmo Bowl, Contra III, Puyo Puyo, Gunstar Heroes…I’d even play Altered Beast online once, if only to pretend it’s 1989 again (it was good back then, especially if you were seven and retarded).

__________________________________________________ ____________
    source article: http://videolamer.com/index.php/1826

Ummmm how do u play 1 player games such as Alterd beat online may i ask?

Wii New and Reviews JerrodDRagon's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    8369-4137-0402-8056
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterJedi2U
    VC games should not be online...just my cents. They're supposed to represent old school games that we enjoyed as children or even adults. Regardless they are games we played without Internet. Why should we want to play them now with Internet. The article does have some decent points though.
    So your telling me you would not plya Mario Kart online??? I bet money that if they did have Mario Kart 64 with online everyone that could get on the VC would get it. I would add hours of Game play not including playing with friends. Also if 007 ever comes out on the VC you cant them me it owuld be a bad online game.
    -No External Links

Member #
    Friends
    1229-2023-7316-8799
    I wasn't trying to say that every VC game should be online. I just think that some would be very successful like mario kart, bond, ssb...etc. At the same time it would give nintendo feedback on online traffic patterns and problems that need to be addressed before putting Wii games online. I for one grew up with the NES and love the fact that I can now play old school games. However, I have no problem with adding something new to them while at the same time keeping the traditional one player roles in these games alive.
    PM Me for Codes: SSBB, MK, MoH, CoD

Member #
    Friends
    5251-2094-6508-9892
    Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon
    So your telling me you would not plya Mario Kart online??? I bet money that if they did have Mario Kart 64 with online everyone that could get on the VC would get it. I would add hours of Game play not including playing with friends. Also if 007 ever comes out on the VC you cant them me it owuld be a bad online game.
    Look if it came out online I'd use it because its THERE? However just because something is there doesn't make it right. I'm sorry but it was NOT an Online Game. It should NOT be online now. Period. That completely defeats the purpose in my mind of the Virtual Console being a sort of nostalgic reminder of the Golden Days of Gaming.

Member #
    Friends
    8369-4137-0402-8056
    ^Video games dont have to be right, Its all about having fun and online adds on to any multiplayer game Mario Kart and 007 are made perfectly for online and like you said you would play it and so would everyone else and they can say its not right but they'll still play it and will be having fun.
    -No External Links

Member #
    Friends
    Why shouldn't VC games have a few new features? Games like Mario Kart and Street Fighter 2 are practically designed for multiplayer, and thinking about it it doesn't really make a difference if those players happen to be hundreds of miles away from each other. I think online play for the old classics would be fantastic, and if you believe in that "stick to the spirit of the original" crap, then simply don't use the online feature. Oh, and while we're on the subject of online gaming, Nintendo should ditch the friend codes and follow Microsoft's lead (i.e. don't treat everyone like kids).

And I fully agree Ninty should get a move on with indie games. Xbox Live Arcade is all the proof that's needed that these games can hold their own, so what are they waiting for? The Wii is an ideal platform for such games with its innovative controller.

I never add friend codes.

Quote Originally Posted by AndThen?
    @ROB64 - The longer you spend on this forum, the more you realise that Napalmbrain knows a lot about everything.

Member #
    Friends
    8369-4137-0402-8056
    ^you do know they cant just leave the friend codes. It works good with me as long as you can send Friend requests to people you are playing or have played.
    -No External Links

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain
    Why shouldn't VC games have a few new features? Games like Mario Kart and Street Fighter 2 are practically designed for multiplayer, and thinking about it it doesn't really make a difference if those players happen to be hundreds of miles away from each other. I think online play for the old classics would be fantastic, and if you believe in that "stick to the spirit of the original" crap, then simply don't use the online feature. Oh, and while we're on the subject of online gaming, Nintendo should ditch the friend codes and follow Microsoft's lead (i.e. don't treat everyone like kids).

And I fully agree Ninty should get a move on with indie games. Xbox Live Arcade is all the proof that's needed that these games can hold their own, so what are they waiting for? The Wii is an ideal platform for such games with its innovative controller.

Lmao I'm surprised no one has not jumped on your case yet........... You should close your mouth before you talk. The friend code are for you to use when you want to battle certain people.(such as your brother, cousin, bestfriend etc) If you don't have any friend codes you can always go into a regular online room and battle people you don't know...... You honestly think nintendo would make new gamers hustle for other peoples friend code just to use the online play? IF you did, your a sad person. no lies

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by hotpotato78
    Lmao I'm surprised no one has not jumped on your case yet........... You should close your mouth before you talk. The friend code are for you to use when you want to battle certain people.(such as your brother, cousin, bestfriend etc) If you don't have any friend codes you can always go into a regular online room and battle people you don't know...... You honestly think nintendo would make new gamers hustle for other peoples friend code just to use the online play? IF you did, your a sad person. no lies
    Perhaps you should close your mouth before you talk. I know how friend codes work, my complaint was that the system is annoying and childish. Xbox Live manages to work just fine without friend codes, why not the Wii?

I never add friend codes.

Quote Originally Posted by AndThen?
    @ROB64 - The longer you spend on this forum, the more you realise that Napalmbrain knows a lot about everything.

Ads