LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    adf3424sdff
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt.McLoud
    Right people lets not get into a religous debate here

lets get back to talking about the full internet channel
    I think it was a good idea to make the internet channel free for a few months to those who got their wii's quite quickly. I see it as nintendo rewarding the people who done things like camping out side of stores for a wii. A 5 note isnt that hefty considering that some of the vc games are 10 (not sure bout dollars).
    Are you sure about the vc game pricing, i worked out that for 1000 points, you can get 1 n64 game which is worth 7.50 (around), as you get 2000 points for around 15.

2. Ads

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3881-9484-9041-5848
    I'm averaging with the wii points that you buy from the console and the points card I'm just putting it at around 1 for 100 as a average

Member #
    Friends
    2469-4835-3373-3754
    I was sure I read somewhere that if it is downloaded before end of June (?) then the FULL version is free, and after that its 500 WiiPoints....However, I have absolutely nothing to back this up with, so it quite possibly be a twisted mess of information picked up from random sources, but it may have been the site you download from? I don't know :/

Member #
    Friends
    1970-2768-0065-5051
    Quote Originally Posted by ins0
    I was sure I read somewhere that if it is downloaded before end of June (?) then the FULL version is free, and after that its 500 WiiPoints....However, I have absolutely nothing to back this up with, so it quite possibly be a twisted mess of information picked up from random sources, but it may have been the site you download from? I don't know :/
    thats odd... now that you mention it I actually remember reading something like that, but I cant remember where, maybe IGN, but im not sure.

FREE Wii POINTS
    -No External Links.

THATS NOT SNAKING... THATS SLIDING, WITH STYLE

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    3881-9484-9041-5848
    Yes i've noticed it quite a lot a few websites (can't remember the links) but I think that it will be free untill june, could anyone find some proof of this please?

Member #
    Friends
    5251-2094-6508-9892
    Yes thats ALL true. As soon as its available you can download it for FREE. However we have some dumbasses who continue to insist that its going to cost an arm and leg to have Internet on your Wii. They'll b*tch and moan about a paltry $5.00 that isn't even comparable to XBox Live Gold Membership. People really need to get smart and be grateful to Nintendo

Having said all that I'm not getting too excited about the Internet Channel since there are no keyboards available for it yet, its impossible to type a password in w/o anyone else seeing it, and I already have Internet on my computer. To be honest I find the current version to be slow, frustrating, and boring. Hopefully the new one will look a lot cooler, be easier to move around in, and just overall better. I find myself using the News and Forecast Channel more than I do the Internet.

adf3424sdff
    Ok here goes. This is from the opera site (the company who develops the internet channel).

'Nintendo is currently offering a free trial of Opera for Wii which is now available for download. The release of the final version of the Opera browser for Wii is currently scheduled for late March 2007. Opera for Wii will remain a free download until June 30, 2007. After June 30, Opera will be available for download from the Wii Shop Channel for 500 Wii points. Users who download Opera before June 30, 2007, can continue to use the browser at no cost for the lifetime of the Wii system'
    Here is the link to the full press release .http://www.opera.com/pressreleases/en/2006/12/22/

Obviously, by reading. This is old as it says 'it is scheduled for release on march 2007'.
    Hope this helps !

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    3881-9484-9041-5848
    If it is $5.00 in the us then the UK are getting charged more i think either way thats preety cheap for the internet if you compare it to xbox live good point.
    Yeah for internet i use my computor but if i want to go to youtube or something like that then i would use my wii. I use the forecast channel a bit but i havn't really used the news channel i've only been on once to see what it was like.

adf3424sdff
    Hmm, I hope the full internet channel gets released soon and not at the end of the month , Maybe they could release it on easter sunday or monday? as a surprise? As they released the 'everybody votes' channel on valentines day in february.. I just want it so bad because i dont have a computer in my room!

Lii
    Member #
    Friends
    0836-2067-9225-7135
    Quote Originally Posted by lee.jarratt
    Hmm, I hope the full internet channel gets released soon and not at the end of the month , Maybe they could release it on easter sunday or monday? as a surprise? As they released the 'everybody votes' channel on valentines day in february.. I just want it so bad because i dont have a computer in my room!
    I have a comp in my room but i find it much more comfy to just lay on my bed browsing the internet. Rather than in my uncomfertable comp chair.
    Come on ninty hurry up and bloody give it us!

Just give me a quick PM if you add me! :-)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Ads