Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0090-8105-5399-0889
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiitime
    so today our cleaning ladies came.. i have a note on my wii saying " Please dont touch". They dont. I came home today and my wii was on.... I am 99.5% sure they didnt do it but am curious to how it got on. The wiimotes are in my draw so maybe something hit the power button or idk.. the wii cant turn on its self right???... but my concern is, the wii might have been on for a long time. they usually come and r still here but they might have come early like 11am and it might have been on the last few hours... is it bad??? it could have been on the last 3 hours... is it bad? should i worry?
    Wait a sec... I think everyone is missing something here. You have a cleaning lady? What are you, royalty or something?

2. Ads

Brawl, Galaxy, ftw! wiiisawesome's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    1866-9177-4158-8306
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceHawg
    Wait a sec... I think everyone is missing something here. You have a cleaning lady? What are you, royalty or something?
    they're not that hard to afford...i have some also...
    Brawl Code: 3866-7670-3577 Name: Ali
    Tell me if you added me if you haven't already!

I love WiiChat!

Member #
    Friends
    drama queen is the term youre looking for but come on with electronics you tend to be "too careful" of them to make sure you get the longest life out of them
    As someone working in IT for 15 years, let me tell you that you don't have to be too careful with electronics. I leave my computers on 24/7 through storms (they are on UPS), never unplug the TV's, stereos, etc. Never a problem.

You can leave this stuff on 24/7 and chances are they will outlive you. The PowerPC chip in the Wii is the main CPU used in most embedded applications - think routers, mainframes, telephone switches, etc. There are millions (if not billions) of PPC's runnign 24/7/365 all around the world with no ill effects.

Things like these have MTBF (Mean Time Between Failures) measured in the 100+k hours or 4,166 days (11 years straight). Chances are you are not going to be playing your Wii in 11 years.

So, don't worry about it - leave your Wii on or off and enjoy it. Don't worry about the heat - heat is not as bad on electronics as people think. As long as it's within specs (I'm sure the Wii will shutdown if it overheats) it will be fine.

The only way you should be upset is if they left your TV on with the Wii on - the static picture will burn it in.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiitime
    i cant fingure out how it got on?should i worry? will the wii be O.K?

Here is an iidea.... the person who left the note on your Wii turned it on maybe????????????

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    4253-4708-4555-0363
    Quote Originally Posted by bubs
    Here is an iidea.... the person who left the note on your Wii turned it on maybe????????????
    R-E-A-D the 1st post. The owner of the Wii put the note saying 'do not touch' on it.
    2008 Jaguar XKR Portfolio

WiiChat Auto Enthusiast

Forum Moderator - [PM]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Ads