LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    Wii Want PES! lilsam's Avatar
    Member #
    2498
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Blackburn, UK
    Posts
    195
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    7672-3478-6034-0335

    Whats all the fuss??

    I go on this forum everyday nearly, and all I see is disgruntled owners, when regarding the online system. Yes, friend codes suck, blah blah, I agree with that! Yet, what some fail to realise is that th upcoming UK release, Mario Strikers Charged, IS online, and IF MY ASSUMPTIONS ARE CORRECT, doesnt nee friend codes as it utilises a 'Leaderboard', surely that means you play users of dfferent abilities, not people in your friend list? Somebody please correct me if I am wrong, or back me if I am right, as I fail to see the fuss...

    Wii Want PES!


    Spoiler Alert!

  2. #2
    Banned ottoman's Avatar
    Member #
    5679
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,334
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1156-6661-4692-6561
    Wow...mario srikers charged, that will keep me entertained for an hour! I want a good game that can keep me going for days online. Lik Mortal Kombat or Heatseeker...yet we have to settle for mario and pokemon, and they just wont mke it online, they're too old school and CAN be very childish. Wii isnt a childish system, it has great adult games coming up, so why not put them online?

  3. #3
    I GOT A JAR OF DIRT. surfinrach90's Avatar
    Member #
    10310
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    4,480
    Friends
    7
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    There's just no pleasing some people I guess..

  4. #4
    WiiChat Member Darth_Zant's Avatar
    Member #
    18188
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    262
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Ok, so what exactly is the downside to friends codes? I'm just not seeing it here. You dont really NEED them for any games that i've played on DS, unless you want to play against specific people you've met, which should be no hassle because you should already be exchanging info anyway if you know eachother well enough to plan matches in advance. Otherwise you can just connect and start playing against random people, still getting the full experience of online and without the friends codes.

    Maybe I'm just too easy going, but I really dont see what the problem is with friends codes...what's the big deal?

  5. #5
    Banned MasterJedi2U's Avatar
    Member #
    14959
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Posts
    1,125
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5251-2094-6508-9892
    I know right! People really need to chill. Europeans are going to eat Mario Strikers Charged like theres no tomorrow. I mean everyone knows they're obsessed with "football". Of course this is going to be a major hit and Online is going to put the Wii on a level never before experienced by ANY Nintendo console. The same can be said for Brawl when it finally comes out so I say have patience. ENJOY the great games that we have NOW and look with anticipation towards the future.
    Last edited by MasterJedi2U; 04-05-2007 at 09:14 AM.

  6. #6
    Wii Want PES! lilsam's Avatar
    Member #
    2498
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Blackburn, UK
    Posts
    195
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    7672-3478-6034-0335
    Exactly, people need to read this and learn not to get so angry over minor problems

    Wii Want PES!


    Spoiler Alert!

  7. #7
    King K.Rool Icetrash's Avatar
    Member #
    904
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    1,013
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4727-8101-2072-3014
    I say online is going to stink, but thats just my opinion. We'll see how it turns out.

    Characters wanted for SSBB : King K.Rool, Lucario, Bubsy, Captain Olimar and Waluigi
    Clippers -- Buccaneers -- Ducks -- Devil Rays

  8. #8
    WiiChat Member scubasteve's Avatar
    Member #
    3868
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    388
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Zant
    Ok, so what exactly is the downside to friends codes? I'm just not seeing it here. You dont really NEED them for any games that i've played on DS, unless you want to play against specific people you've met, which should be no hassle because you should already be exchanging info anyway if you know eachother well enough to plan matches in advance. Otherwise you can just connect and start playing against random people, still getting the full experience of online and without the friends codes.

    Maybe I'm just too easy going, but I really dont see what the problem is with friends codes...what's the big deal?
    yea i know what you mean, ive been trying to figure this out. you can still play online with leaderboards, the friend codes are just so we can talk and send eachother pictures and stuff, its not like its REQUIRED at all. actually i would rather have it than not have it, because either way the online will be the same, you will use leaderboards not friend codes (unless you want a specific person to play with). its like complaining about the peculiar taste of shreaded wheat (cereal) even though you aren't being told to eat it.
    I don't need a ps3 i already have a toilet i just pwnd u sony!

    pm me if you actually understand my sig...

  9. #9
    Controversial. DRMARIO's Avatar
    Member #
    40
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,885
    Friends
    6
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterJedi2U
    I know right! People really need to chill. Europeans are going to eat Mario Strikers Charged like theres no tomorrow. I mean everyone knows they're obsessed with "football". Of course this is going to be a major hit and Online is going to put the Wii on a level never before experienced by ANY Nintendo console. The same can be said for Brawl when it finally comes out so I say have patience. ENJOY the great games that we have NOW and look with anticipation towards the future.

    First of all, you don't have to say "Football" , It is infact, called Football. I don't see why it needs to be Called Soccer.
    Second of all, i hate stereotypes. Not every bloody person in Europe is 'Obsessed' with football. I for one, hate the game!

    Enoch was right.


  10. #10
    The Cake is a Lie Oceanic's Avatar
    Member #
    12035
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    742
    Friends
    8
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by DRMARIO
    First of all, you don't have to say "Football" , It is infact, called Football. I don't see why it needs to be Called Soccer.
    Second of all, i hate stereotypes. Not every bloody person in Europe is 'Obsessed' with football. I for one, hate the game!
    Yes, in the UK it is called football, but in Australia, it is called soccer because football is an entirely different sport. I wouldn't say i hate football/soccer, but I don't like it. I can't help but think though that because of it's larger following in EU and AU that that is why it is coming out as a PAL game before the US.

    This is not a Play-Asia affiliate link - http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-aecb-49-en.html

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts