LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

How much money did the consoles make?

Just wondering how much you guys think how much was made out of these next gen consoles

For every PS3 and XBOX sold, there was no profit, in fact the hardware costs and manufacuturing costed even more then what it was sold for.

I think they want to make this up from the profits in games, but since PS3 is was such a failure, I don't think they made much.

The Wii however earned every console sold, and is selling very well since I have been trying to get my hands on one for the past month, and I still don't have one.

what do you guys think?

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    5251-2094-6508-9892
    Oh My God....

What will the next noob post next....no seriously you guys I'm about to hurl...

Member #
    Friends
    2652-0001-8231-6800
    How old are you MasterJedi? Seriously, all I see from you is immature bitching. You're entitled to your opinion of course, but make it something worth wasting my time reading at least.

Member #
    Friends
    I know the Wii makes money on each console sold but does anyone know who much the initial development cost of the Wii was.

Nintendo probably makes $US30 from each of the 6000000 console. This adds up to $18000000. I'm pretty sure the development costs of the Wii were far in excess of this.

Member #
    Friends
    5251-2094-6508-9892
    Quote Originally Posted by Skorp
    How old are you MasterJedi? Seriously, all I see from you is immature bitching. You're entitled to your opinion of course, but make it something worth wasting my time reading at least.
    21 bitch and are you actually condoning this crap? I mean really? He answered his own question basically. And its not like he couldn't search (either on this forum or 1 min on google). Besides the fact that almost everyone in the gaming industry knows that Nintendo is making a little profit off every Wii sold. So yeah I was ass to him. Are you going to reach across the internet and strangle me? Lol...please get real. This shit is beyond ridiculous.

Next thing you know his next question will be, "Will the Nintendo Wii have Online?"

Haz
    Member #
    Friends
    Wiily Good is the only person here with a valid point. No one seems to take into consideration R&D when it comes to cost of the console.

Write like a four year old and I'll treat you as such Haz, proudly supporting correct use of English and grammar on the forums.
    Think before posting Ask a dumb question and prepare to be owned.

FYI - Internet is always a capital I. Look it up!

Member #
    Friends
    4877-3286-3608-7887
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterJedi2U
    21 bitch and are you actually condoning this crap? I mean really? He answered his own question basically. And its not like he couldn't search (either on this forum or 1 min on google). Besides the fact that almost everyone in the gaming industry knows that Nintendo is making a little profit off every Wii sold. So yeah I was ass to him. Are you going to reach across the internet and strangle me? Lol...please get real. This shit is beyond ridiculous.

Next thing you know his next question will be, "Will the Nintendo Wii have Online?"
    Dont be so harsh on people, if its so bad, why did you come to this thread anyway, and who calls others bitches? Do you have gender issues or something?

Member #
    Friends
    0606-9249-6271-3408
    I don't have the exact break down right now, but it costs $210 for Nintendo to make a Wii. That's $40 profit for every Wii sold.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterJedi2U

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    LOL

I don't know about the PS3 or 360 but I know that Nintendo made £23,ooo,ooo more than they Expected. And that amount put on top of whatever they were expecting is alot

No Longer Have A Wii

Member #
    Friends
    1229-2023-7316-8799
    Quote Originally Posted by rooskie54
    $40 profit for every Wii sold.
    You are forgetting retail markup.
    PM Me for Codes: SSBB, MK, MoH, CoD

Ads