LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 33
  1. #11
    Turkish RPG Master RPGMasterTurk91's Avatar
    Member #
    1322
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Somewhere in New Jersey
    Posts
    737
    Friends
    13
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

    There ya go

    Quote Originally Posted by surfinrach90
    Well the first few times you mention 'they' I can see that you are referring to the people who play games, but then you say..

    They take it for granted that the majority of gamers love to play shooting games and this is what thrills the human mind, and the fact that they love it too.' - who takes it for granted exactly?
    ahhh--the majority of the people who enjoy just that--the people who enjoy playing FPS's, are the same people who make the majority of liking these types of games...and it is safe to say that they are less tolerant of those who play games otherwise. People who play games that the majority of the masses consider "cool", mostly FPSs you can say, usually tend to bash Nintendo players, as this is considered, for the most part, the opposite--"uncool", and even "kiddy". But what they (the majority, and the majority of the people prefer these "cool" games over the "uncool" games i just mentioned) fail to realize is that the people find enjoyment, thrill, fun in these games--whether or not the the basher knows it. OBVIOUSLY, PEOPLE PLAY GAMES BECAUSE THEY FIND THEM FUN. THEY DON'T CHOOSE THEM DUE TO THEIR "GAY, LOSERISH" NATURE. (This is not a shout, but rather a loud talk thats NOT a shout lol). To answer your question simply, "they" almost always implies the majority of the people. The majority of the people play "cooler" games. That's just the way it is by nature...more people will end up playing games they think are cooler and better, obviously.
    "Many religions within a nation causes little conflict, but two religions within a nation is nothing less than conflict."
    "If you can speak three languages, you are trinomial. If you can speak two languages, you are binomial. If you can speak one language, you are American."
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick"--Theodore Roosevelt. Haha describes me nicely.

    SSBB: 0602-5954-4722 CURRENTLY RETIRED FROM ONLINE PLAY AND VIDEO GAMES IN GENERAL

  2. Ads


  3. #12
    Novocain Stain'd ssbb_lover's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    518
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    7,771
    Friends
    27
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Quote Originally Posted by RPGMasterTurk91
    ahhh--the majority of the people who enjoy just that--the people who enjoy playing FPS's, are the same people who make the majority of liking these types of games...and it is safe to say that they are less tolerant of those who play games otherwise. People who play games that the majority of the masses consider "cool", mostly FPSs you can say, usually tend to bash Nintendo players, as this is considered, for the most part, the opposite--"uncool", and even "kiddy". But what they (the majority, and the majority of the people prefer these "cool" games over the "uncool" games i just mentioned) fail to realize is that the people find enjoyment, thrill, fun in these games--whether or not the the basher knows it. OBVIOUSLY, PEOPLE PLAY GAMES BECAUSE THEY FIND THEM FUN. THEY DON'T CHOOSE THEM DUE TO THEIR "GAY, LOSERISH" NATURE. (This is not a shout, but rather a loud talk thats NOT a shout lol). To answer your question simply, "they" almost always implies the majority of the people. The majority of the people play "cooler" games. That's just the way it is by nature...more people will end up playing games they think are cooler and better, obviously.
    So I wasn't right in my last post.

    I think Rach was asking who you were talking about when you said how "they don't realize the majority of those who like FPS's...." as in you were referring to "they" as the group of people who aren't the majority, who are against the "norm".
    Last edited by ssbb_lover; 04-10-2007 at 05:16 PM.

    Super Moderator - PM me if you have any issues.

    We Want Young Blood.


  4. #13
    Turkish RPG Master RPGMasterTurk91's Avatar
    Member #
    1322
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Somewhere in New Jersey
    Posts
    737
    Friends
    13
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by ssbb_lover
    your boyfriend as well.

    *EDIT*

    Thanks.

    I was just wondering about you 2 days ago as well as yesterday, then you show up today....strange. :/
    Yea, the weirdest of occurences happen to me all the time...Sometimes I feel that I'm the Chosen One in this world, that I'm the only person who can really feel and see and is conscious. But those are at select few times when certain odd things happen lol...therefore, its more natural than you'd think, but still unnatural .

    Last time i said something like that in an MMORPG where lots of people can see your text, i got a whole bunch freaked out comments by people they were like "Are you Ok? Are you emo or something?" Meh... (and Btw, No, I'm not emo at all).
    "Many religions within a nation causes little conflict, but two religions within a nation is nothing less than conflict."
    "If you can speak three languages, you are trinomial. If you can speak two languages, you are binomial. If you can speak one language, you are American."
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick"--Theodore Roosevelt. Haha describes me nicely.

    SSBB: 0602-5954-4722 CURRENTLY RETIRED FROM ONLINE PLAY AND VIDEO GAMES IN GENERAL

  5. #14
    Turkish RPG Master RPGMasterTurk91's Avatar
    Member #
    1322
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Somewhere in New Jersey
    Posts
    737
    Friends
    13
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by ssbb_lover
    So I wasn't right in my last post.
    Sorry for double=posting, but I need to get back on comments I'm sure you all understand...

    No, I think you gave a good explanation, my explanations are just kind of confusing. You definately weren't totally wrong with what you said, as I found some right in it lol.
    "Many religions within a nation causes little conflict, but two religions within a nation is nothing less than conflict."
    "If you can speak three languages, you are trinomial. If you can speak two languages, you are binomial. If you can speak one language, you are American."
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick"--Theodore Roosevelt. Haha describes me nicely.

    SSBB: 0602-5954-4722 CURRENTLY RETIRED FROM ONLINE PLAY AND VIDEO GAMES IN GENERAL

  6. #15
    I GOT A JAR OF DIRT. surfinrach90's Avatar
    Member #
    10310
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    4,480
    Friends
    7
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Thanks for the explanation guys

    I find this a really interesting thread, and I see what you're getting at RPGMasterTurk91 and would have to agree with you

    Ohh and ssbb_lover my boyfriends first language is English lol, just me who's got Welsh as my first I learned it before I learned English lol, and went to a Welsh school, while he went to a English school.

    He makes fun of me and my lack of English terms, like the things like full stops and er..commas lol ^-^

  7. #16
    Novocain Stain'd ssbb_lover's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    518
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    7,771
    Friends
    27
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Quote Originally Posted by RPGMasterTurk91
    Yea, the weirdest of occurences happen to me all the time...Sometimes I feel that I'm the Chosen One in this world, that I'm the only person who can really feel and see and is conscious. But those are at select few times when certain odd things happen lol...therefore, its more natural than you'd think, but still unnatural .

    Last time i said something like that in an MMORPG where lots of people can see your text, i got a whole bunch freaked out comments by people they were like "Are you Ok? Are you emo or something?" Meh... (and Btw, No, I'm not emo at all).
    Lol, I actually think that sometimes too. Yet another mystery of the human mind. :/ I guess since you can't feel other's pain, love, other emotions you just can't except the fact they are the same as you, since you have YOUR OWN pain, love, other emotions; since you can actually experience yours, you seem more real to yourself then others...

    And maybe I just described that in such a confusing fashion you won't understand.... Maybe we're twins.

    Super Moderator - PM me if you have any issues.

    We Want Young Blood.


  8. #17
    Enginerd drroett's Avatar
    Member #
    19350
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Lexington, KY/ Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    193
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Well I wouldn't clump the words, 'gay, kiddy, and not cool' together. That can imply bad things, and if I understand what your saying right you wouldn't be the type of person to say a gay person is not cool due to the sole fact that the are gay.

    Political issues aside and agree and disagree. People have the right to like whatever type of game they enjoy. That is after all what games are about enjoyment. There are constant debates about things like this in an online game I play (guild wars), there is a storyline and a PvE (player versus enviroment) setting which many people enjoy, and a high paced PvP (player vs player) competitive enviroment. It depends on what you enjoy but everyone plays to have fun. Some people PvP for fun, whether they win or lose they enjoy the game. Some people only have fun by winning.

    I do however disagree with the fact that you say "Anyways, people have failed to recognize that the games people like to play are not their full choice." Whether you admit it or not, you can choose whichever games you like. Unless you are underage and a certain restriction is placed you have the power to spend your money where you want to. The same rationale is used against the news and television. They say that we don't decide what we watch on TV and what news is important. The media decides it by putting that on, but all laziness aside we can choose a different news source or station.
    -Tetris DS Tournament-
    If you own a DS and Tetris DS sign up for the forum Tetris DS Tournament - PM me for details.

  9. #18
    Turkish RPG Master RPGMasterTurk91's Avatar
    Member #
    1322
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Somewhere in New Jersey
    Posts
    737
    Friends
    13
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by ssbb_lover
    Lol, I actually think that sometimes too. Yet another mystery of the human mind. :/ I guess since you can't feel other's pain, love, other emotions you just can't except the fact they are the same as you, since you have YOUR OWN pain, love, other emotions; since you can actually experience yours, you seem more real to yourself then others...

    And maybe I just described that in such a confusing fashion you won't understand.... Maybe we're twins.
    I've only met two people who share the same deepest thoughts as me in my life--and it's REALLY exciting, yet creepy when they lay everything down just as you would--you would never expect them to believe things almost just as much as you do. You feel like you must become friends with them immdediately, as no other person has accepted those beliefs as you do. You may be the third rare person who thinks of things in such a fashion met in an extremely rare case through the internet. Maybe this was supposed to happen? lol anyways, i have a twin brotehr, and he understands everything just as I dO for the most part--and its definately not a coincidence that he's my twin brother (faternal) and it is only us who think that way. The other person is my older brother's friend, who only came over once, but all of a sudden we got into this conversation when my older brother was sleeping somehow and stayed up till 4 talking about those things...when you meet that rare oppurtunity, its impossible to let it go. (this message pretty much goes to SSBB's ears, as he would probably comprehend it all best). Oh yea, and your comment did not confuse me, but probably others who do not think as we do in our manners and what not. I guess that's what it is
    "Many religions within a nation causes little conflict, but two religions within a nation is nothing less than conflict."
    "If you can speak three languages, you are trinomial. If you can speak two languages, you are binomial. If you can speak one language, you are American."
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick"--Theodore Roosevelt. Haha describes me nicely.

    SSBB: 0602-5954-4722 CURRENTLY RETIRED FROM ONLINE PLAY AND VIDEO GAMES IN GENERAL

  10. #19
    Turkish RPG Master RPGMasterTurk91's Avatar
    Member #
    1322
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Somewhere in New Jersey
    Posts
    737
    Friends
    13
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by drroett
    Well I wouldn't clump the words, 'gay, kiddy, and not cool' together. That can imply bad things, and if I understand what your saying right you wouldn't be the type of person to say a gay person is not cool due to the sole fact that the are gay.

    Political issues aside and agree and disagree. People have the right to like whatever type of game they enjoy. That is after all what games are about enjoyment. There are constant debates about things like this in an online game I play (guild wars), there is a storyline and a PvE (player versus enviroment) setting which many people enjoy, and a high paced PvP (player vs player) competitive enviroment. It depends on what you enjoy but everyone plays to have fun. Some people PvP for fun, whether they win or lose they enjoy the game. Some people only have fun by winning.

    I do however disagree with the fact that you say "Anyways, people have failed to recognize that the games people like to play are not their full choice." Whether you admit it or not, you can choose whichever games you like. Unless you are underage and a certain restriction is placed you have the power to spend your money where you want to. The same rationale is used against the news and television. They say that we don't decide what we watch on TV and what news is important. The media decides it by putting that on, but all laziness aside we can choose a different news source or station.
    The word "gay" is by no means implying the sexual orientation of a person and is therefore an obvious term recognized by the general public, and I'm only using it cause the people who describe the games call it that. However, I did not literally "choose" to like to play RPG games and party games, but not FPSs as much. It came naturally to me to like such games. I noticed that (but is definately not restricted to) highly intelligent people really grasp RPG games. Nintendo games, RPG games, MMORPGs--it is safe to say that more Asians are into these types of games than non-Asians. Not stereotyping, but rather giving facts--the fact that many Asians play these types of games over non-Asians, simply put. Is it a coincidence that 1/4 kids in China are honors students, and 7/25 kids in india are honors students? Top two countries in the world with percentages that high, also love anime in America over anyone else. And I'm not saying that EVERYTHING in life is determined through natural destination, but rather many things that in the end decide your strengths and weaknesses, your likes and dislikes--the way you were born and raised determines most of this. Through hard work, you can surpass anything that you just did NOT aquire naturally. In fact, that's what this world is a lot about--getting better at things you are not ALREADY excellent at, getting better and better. This is natural for human beings. Without getting too much into philisophy (as what i had just explained earlier is basically plain english), i hope you understand my point. And with this explanation and analogies, I hope you can relate to "playing videogames".

    Again, although it was plain English, it was difficult for me to write everything down all in one shot.
    "Many religions within a nation causes little conflict, but two religions within a nation is nothing less than conflict."
    "If you can speak three languages, you are trinomial. If you can speak two languages, you are binomial. If you can speak one language, you are American."
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick"--Theodore Roosevelt. Haha describes me nicely.

    SSBB: 0602-5954-4722 CURRENTLY RETIRED FROM ONLINE PLAY AND VIDEO GAMES IN GENERAL

  11. #20
    Enginerd drroett's Avatar
    Member #
    19350
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Lexington, KY/ Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    193
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    I still don't buy that anyone is naturally destined to play a specific genre of game. It can certainly be shaped by your up-bringing and the culture in which you live but it's not like we are stamped at birth as stupid, FPS player, RPG player, platform expert, smart.
    -Tetris DS Tournament-
    If you own a DS and Tetris DS sign up for the forum Tetris DS Tournament - PM me for details.

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts