Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Turkish RPG Master RPGMasterTurk91's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by drroett
    I still don't buy that anyone is naturally destined to play a specific genre of game. It can certainly be shaped by your up-bringing and the culture in which you live but it's not like we are stamped at birth as stupid, FPS player, RPG player, platform expert, smart.
    Is that how I made it to seem? Well, I apologize for that, if I made it seem as though you were born and/or destined to like a certain genre of a game, and nothing more to it. In that sense, you are right. Nobody is branded as something so specific and so early. I defended that counterpoint by saying that you can surpass anything through hard work that you have not gained naturally--this is constantly occuring, is it not? This is why we work to learn new things that do not just come easy for us.

However, you are certainly, as you agreed I believe, directed, geared towards a certain direction due to influences of culture and up-bringing. Yes, this makes sense, it appears that a simple misunderstanding of words occured, and when that happens and you don't want to find out the truth and what really was implied, this leads to ignorance (and I'm not saying that's what happened, either) .
    "Many religions within a nation causes little conflict, but two religions within a nation is nothing less than conflict."
    "If you can speak three languages, you are trinomial. If you can speak two languages, you are binomial. If you can speak one language, you are American."
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick"--Theodore Roosevelt. Haha describes me nicely.

SSBB: 0602-5954-4722 CURRENTLY RETIRED FROM ONLINE PLAY AND VIDEO GAMES IN GENERAL

...yea... My god the Wii owns...'s Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    1. You never closed your first quote, it's a pain to look at.
    2. Who's "they"? Are you trying to argue with someone?

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Quote Originally Posted by RPGMasterTurk91
    I've only met two people who share the same deepest thoughts as me in my life--and it's REALLY exciting, yet creepy when they lay everything down just as you would--you would never expect them to believe things almost just as much as you do. You feel like you must become friends with them immdediately, as no other person has accepted those beliefs as you do. You may be the third rare person who thinks of things in such a fashion met in an extremely rare case through the internet. Maybe this was supposed to happen? lol anyways, i have a twin brotehr, and he understands everything just as I dO for the most part--and its definately not a coincidence that he's my twin brother (faternal) and it is only us who think that way. The other person is my older brother's friend, who only came over once, but all of a sudden we got into this conversation when my older brother was sleeping somehow and stayed up till 4 talking about those things...when you meet that rare oppurtunity, its impossible to let it go. (this message pretty much goes to SSBB's ears, as he would probably comprehend it all best). Oh yea, and your comment did not confuse me, but probably others who do not think as we do in our manners and what not. I guess that's what it is
    I guess it is what it is. :/ Pretty weird though, I only had one other person like that, my friend who I met in kindergarden (however we lost touch a year and a half ago). Now I may have met another person that thinks like me....crazy.

@ my god the wii owns: how culd he be starting an argument by using the term "they"? If you're referring to the "gay" mis-conception, I think that's been cleared up.

Super Moderator - PM me if you have any issues.

We Want Young Blood.

Member #
    Friends
    noooo i just typed a huge thing on how my philosophy on gaming corresponds to real life situations, i spent a good 15 minutes typing it all up...now all that information is boggled in my head and I'm too lazy to write it all back up. Ion, please if you hear this, stop logging people out for being "idle" for several minutes, it seems that every time i type...since my mouse isnt actually clicked on the site, but rather in this text box, that I am considered "idle". I lost at least 3 long passages in this way! bah its annoying watch this post not even make it through...
    "Many religions within a nation causes little conflict, but two religions within a nation is nothing less than conflict."
    "If you can speak three languages, you are trinomial. If you can speak two languages, you are binomial. If you can speak one language, you are American."
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick"--Theodore Roosevelt. Haha describes me nicely.

SSBB: 0602-5954-4722 CURRENTLY RETIRED FROM ONLINE PLAY AND VIDEO GAMES IN GENERAL

Member #
    Friends
    Yeah I agree.

Most people and gamers don't know what they're missing out on. I'm constantly suggesting games to my friends who play strictly only play typical mainstream games like Final Fantasy, Halo, or GTA. I've helped a lot of them gain new interests in games they wouldn't have ever thought they liked.

As a gamer I think before you diss a game you should make sure you make an honest attempt to play it first. For all you know the game you diss could be your favorite game, if you weren't so fixed on making dumb assumptions of it!

Not to mention you should realise you can't like every game, there will be good games you'll absolutley detest, but just because you don't like them it doesn't make them bad games. It just means you have your own taste.

A true gamer trys a little bit of everything or everything if he or she has the big bucks.
    Last edited by En4Neo; 04-11-2007 at 11:42 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    7428-8550-5786-2492
    yay neo has the spirit of a gamer wiiiiiiii

aye soooooooooooooooooo i like buereatos

Quote by: Danny_c from Ps3forums

no thanks. i could not care less about home. its a very neat idea, but i didnt buy a video game system to enter a "virtual" world.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by En4Neo
    Yeah I agree.

Most people and gamers don't know what they're missing out on. I'm constantly suggesting games to my friends who play strictly only play typical mainstream games like Final Fantasy, Halo, or GTA. I've helped a lot of them gain new interests in games they wouldn't have ever thought they liked.

As a gamer I think before you diss a game you should make sure you make an honest attempt to play it first. For all you know the game you diss could be your favorite game, if you weren't so fixed on making dumb assumptions of it!

Not to mention you should realise you can't like every game, there will be good games you'll absolutley detest, but just because you don't like them it doesn't make them bad games. It just means you have your own taste.

A true gamer trys a little bit of everything or everything if he or she has the big bucks.
    well put

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by RPGMasterTurk91
    I've only met two people who share the same deepest thoughts as me in my life--and it's REALLY exciting, yet creepy when they lay everything down just as you would--you would never expect them to believe things almost just as much as you do. You feel like you must become friends with them immdediately, as no other person has accepted those beliefs as you do. You may be the third rare person who thinks of things in such a fashion met in an extremely rare case through the internet. Maybe this was supposed to happen? lol anyways, i have a twin brotehr, and he understands everything just as I dO for the most part--and its definately not a coincidence that he's my twin brother (faternal) and it is only us who think that way. The other person is my older brother's friend, who only came over once, but all of a sudden we got into this conversation when my older brother was sleeping somehow and stayed up till 4 talking about those things...when you meet that rare oppurtunity, its impossible to let it go. (this message pretty much goes to SSBB's ears, as he would probably comprehend it all best). Oh yea, and your comment did not confuse me, but probably others who do not think as we do in our manners and what not. I guess that's what it is
    What i am picking up from this post is alot of Arrogance over nothing.

M8, everyone feels and thinks differently - you can wrap it up into 2 Categories of people: People who accept your life is pointless and makes the most out of it or people who constantly think about it, cant let go, and sometimes eventually kill themselves. Have fun m8.

Overall tip: Humble defeats arrogance if you want people to like you

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashenshugar
    What i am picking up from this post is alot of Arrogance over nothing.

M8, everyone feels and thinks differently - you can wrap it up into 2 Categories of people: People who accept your life is pointless and makes the most out of it or people who constantly think about it, cant let go, and sometimes eventually kill themselves. Have fun m8.

Overall tip: Humble defeats arrogance if you want people to like you
    You kind of just proved the point of this thread when you say...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashenshugar
    M8, everyone feels and thinks differently
    Look at the thread title: "My Philosophy on Gaming"

Not trying to bash, just saying, if you're going to post, at least debate with him.

Super Moderator - PM me if you have any issues.

We Want Young Blood.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by ssbb_lover
    You kind of just proved the point of this thread when you say...

Look at the thread title: "My Philosophy on Gaming"

Not trying to bash, just saying, if you're going to post, at least debate with him.
    Yeah...I think ashenshugar missed the whole point of this thread, then summed it up in one sentence, thinking I said the opposite in my "speech" if you will. Also, I'm simply stating my philosophy, and tried to relate it to real-life...but my post got deleted and I have to write it another time. I know you're gonna wonder how it got deleted...so i typed the whole thing up, i clicked on "send" and it said "you are not logged in. You must log in " and that stuff. Writing down something thats already very hard to explain will definately be harder the next time you have to repeat it, when its not all bunched in your mind and its back in pieces again. I don't know about others, but that;s how this "philosophy" works for me. I know everything already, its just remembering it and getting it down into words is very hard. Only you know your mind language.

Ads