Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Turkish RPG Master RPGMasterTurk91's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

My Philosophy on Gaming

When you hear the word "philosophy" you probably think "Oh Gaawwwd, he's gonna get into detail of every little thing and why they happen, how they happen and the reason behind them all. However, this is onlypartially the case, and I will try to keep it entertaining as well, if you like to listen to other perspectives and what people think, this shouldn't be a problem. However, isn't that what forums are all about anyways? Reading other people's thoughts and giving your own through text?

Before I go on...It is vital that you know that it is very difficult explaining something you have all known in your mind to words--in any language. Please bear that in mind and take into consideration of what might be written poorly or confusing. Message me after saying waht you exactly didn't get. Also, don't think of me as some psycho who thinks of things extremely deeply and has no life...cuz this isn't true, as much as it may seem

Anyways, people have failed to recognize that the games people like to play are not their full choice. Yes of course, they choose the games they want to play with THEIR free will and play it accordingly--but what drives them to play a certain TYPE of game or games is pretty much a natural choice--something that you cannot control necessarily. It doesn't make sense for one to bash you for the games you play, constantly calling the games "gay" and they question why you play such "retarted" games, and basically why you don't like the types of games they play. They take it for granted that the majority of gamers love to play shooting games and this is what thrills the human mind, and the fact that tehy love it too. Am i right? They can't stand the fact that you play these other games that are considered "kiddy, gay, confusing" and so on. Therefore, attacking one another verbally on the internet or in real life is very stupid--it's all about game PREFERENCE. Who cares what systems people like best? I mean, did they literally CHOOSE what type of games you will like? Where I'm from, Nintendo-based games, or even MMORPGs are considered kiddy, gay, not cool. Is it the same where you (the reader) are from? If you are having fun peacefully while doing so as a side hobby and saying which games and systems are better, so be it. But when people get serious and start baggering people for what type of games they play, they take for granted the fact that they like the current games that are in, but don't consider the fact that neither of them chose exactly what game or type of game to like. This is being ignorant and selfish. Nobody in my town even GETS RPG games, with the whole leveling up system and what not...they just carry on that that stuff is gay. Anyone getting a vibe of what I'm saying at all?

Remember, when explaining these things in ANY language, transferring the information from one's mind to words, is very difficult and often comes out vague. Also, my mind goes blank a lot in the process so I probably missed a lot, as lots of different popints are running through my head, and trying to get them all down without forgetting is hard.
    "Many religions within a nation causes little conflict, but two religions within a nation is nothing less than conflict."
    "If you can speak three languages, you are trinomial. If you can speak two languages, you are binomial. If you can speak one language, you are American."
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick"--Theodore Roosevelt. Haha describes me nicely.

SSBB: 0602-5954-4722 CURRENTLY RETIRED FROM ONLINE PLAY AND VIDEO GAMES IN GENERAL

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Not meaning to offend but I didn't read it. Shorter version please lol

No Longer Have A Wii

Member #
    Friends
    7428-8550-5786-2492
    no comment XD ill read ltr

sry for posting im to bored to erase

Quote by: Danny_c from Ps3forums

no thanks. i could not care less about home. its a very neat idea, but i didnt buy a video game system to enter a "virtual" world.

Member #
    Friends
    lol you see waht the word "philosophy" does to people? They can't bear it...But mine is interesting and worth making points about it, and listening/responding to it lol =). If you read the whole think carefully, you'll probably get the basis of waht I'm trying to explain here...it takes a lot out of my brain to write this all down as well, itsl ike translating Chinese to English, where the word choice is key.
    "Many religions within a nation causes little conflict, but two religions within a nation is nothing less than conflict."
    "If you can speak three languages, you are trinomial. If you can speak two languages, you are binomial. If you can speak one language, you are American."
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick"--Theodore Roosevelt. Haha describes me nicely.

SSBB: 0602-5954-4722 CURRENTLY RETIRED FROM ONLINE PLAY AND VIDEO GAMES IN GENERAL

I GOT A JAR OF DIRT. surfinrach90's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    You keep saying they..who do you mean by they?

Sorry this is probably obvious but.. as you said you had trouble writing it and English isn't actually my first language so.. I actually find stuff like that hard to read sometimes lol.

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    I read it all (very, very short guys, c'mon) and I think I pretty much agree with you.

Your game preference is decided from the a) the things you enjoy b) your own choice c) what you've ALWAYS liked (childhood likings or whatever). You choose the games you're going to like of course; if you only like FPS's then you aren't going to go out and buy "Peach's Fun Super Adventure" wrapped up nicely in a pink box with a ribbon. Your own choice of course can take a role as well, even if you ONLY like FPS's, your friend might be telling you how great RPG's are, so you're convinced and you buy an RPG. Than there's the childhood influences. As "gay" as this may sound, there's ALWAYS going to be a place in my heart for Pokemon. Pokemon is what I grew up, it brings back so many memories, plus it's a load of fun. I don't give a damn that other people think it's gay, I like playing Pokemon.

I agree 100% with how a lot of people love FPS's because of the thrill: the thrill of being able to command life. You can choose to live or let die, and it doesn't matter which you choose (technically) because you can just restart the level from your last saving point and redo it. These things, like you said, fascinate the mind and give us that adrenaline when you turn that dark corner (of course if you die, you're ready for it next time ) and find a gang of muggers about to...well, mug you. You die, you laugh, restart. It's like a small portion of being invincible, which people like.

Nice to see you back Turkmaster. You've been gone a while.

*EDIT*
    Quote Originally Posted by RPGMasterTurk91
    Remember, when explaining these things in ANY language, transferring the information from one's mind to words, is very difficult and often comes out vague. Also, my mind goes blank a lot in the process so I probably missed a lot, as lots of different popints are running through my head, and trying to get them all down without forgetting is hard.
    I have the same problem at times as well, no worries.

Quote Originally Posted by surfinrach90
    You keep saying they..who do you mean by they?

Sorry this is probably obvious but.. as you said you had trouble writing it and English isn't actually my first language so.. I actually find stuff like that hard to read sometimes lol.
    He just means "the general public". Everyone loves that adrenaline it gives you, at least most everyone.
    Last edited by ssbb_lover; 04-10-2007 at 04:55 PM.

Super Moderator - PM me if you have any issues.

We Want Young Blood.

Member #
    Friends
    hmm i know i said "they" a lot, but can u give me some direct examples so i can explain to you better? Oh, and English IS my first language...what I was saying is that transferring information that could really only be FULLY understood by yourself onto a piece of paper is very difficult. I hope I made that clearer now lol.

I GOT A JAR OF DIRT. surfinrach90's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Well the first few times you mention 'they' I can see that you are referring to the people who play games, but then you say..

'They take it for granted that the majority of gamers love to play shooting games and this is what thrills the human mind, and the fact that they love it too.' - who takes it for granted exactly?

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by ssbb_lover
    I read it all (very, very short guys, c'mon) and I think I pretty much agree with you.

Your game preference is decided from the a) the things you enjoy b) your own choice c) what you've ALWAYS liked (childhood likings or whatever). You choose the games you're going to like of course; if you only like FPS's then you aren't going to go out and buy "Peach's Fun Super Adventure" wrapped up nicely in a pink box with a ribbon. Your own choice of course can take a role as well, even if you ONLY like FPS's, your friend might be telling you how great RPG's are, so you're convinced and you buy an RPG. Than there's the childhood influences. As "gay" as this may sound, there's ALWAYS going to be a place in my heart for Pokemon. Pokemon is what I grew up, it brings back so many memories, plus it's a load of fun. I don't give a damn that other people think it's gay, I like playing Pokemon.

I agree 100% with how a lot of people love FPS's because of the thrill: the thrill of being able to command life. You can choose to live or let die, and it doesn't matter which you choose (technically) because you can just restart the level from your last saving point and redo it. These things, like you said, fascinate the mind and give us that adrenaline when you turn that dark corner (of course if you die, you're ready for it next time ) and find a gang of muggers about to...well, mug you. You die, you laugh, restart. It's like a small portion of being invincible, which people like.

Nice to see you back Turkmaster. You've been gone a while.

*EDIT*

I have the same problem at times as well, no worries.

He just means "the general public". Everyone loves that adrenaline it gives you, at least most everyone.
    Thanks for welcoming me back, and i love your post to my thread just as much as the post I wrote. Seems like you got everything down and even explained things a little further--like the childhood part and what not--things i was trying to squeeze out but was a little tough lol. I'm glad there are people who understand what I'm talking about. And yes, although Pokemeon is old and kiddy, and i certainly am not into the card game and whole conept for the most part, there is still a place for Pokemon in my heart as well. The concept of the RPG games are still teh same, whether there is a "corny" background of pokemon-natured events, its all still fun and the fun never fully lets go.

The thrills that people have are very similar like the FPSs, as you said. In fact, there really are only a handful of people who DONT enjoy that thrill. For example, it is agreeable that the majority of people ENJOY going to a theme park. But there still are those few people who don't find fun in that kind fo stuff and would prefer not to take part. That was kind of a choppy example, but I think you get the point

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Quote Originally Posted by surfinrach90
    Well the first few times you mention 'they' I can see that you are referring to the people who play games, but then you say..

'They take it for granted that the majority of gamers love to play shooting games and this is what thrills the human mind, and the fact that they love it too.' - who takes it for granted exactly?
    Rach, when I read that I took it for the people that say that "gun games are corrupting our young" and "they will cause the next generation to be a bunch of killers".

I'm not sure, but that's what I got out of it.

Btw, you speak English very well, I would have never guess it was your 2nd language. That goes for your boyfriend as well.

*EDIT*
    Quote Originally Posted by RPGMasterTurk91
    Thanks for welcoming me back, and i love your post to my thread just as much as the post I wrote. Seems like you got everything down and even explained things a little further--like the childhood part and what not--things i was trying to squeeze out but was a little tough lol. I'm glad there are people who understand what I'm talking about. And yes, although Pokemeon is old and kiddy, and i certainly am not into the card game and whole conept for the most part, there is still a place for Pokemon in my heart as well. The concept of the RPG games are still teh same, whether there is a "corny" background of pokemon-natured events, its all still fun and the fun never fully lets go.

The thrills that people have are very similar like the FPSs, as you said. In fact, there really are only a handful of people who DONT enjoy that thrill. For example, it is agreeable that the majority of people ENJOY going to a theme park. But there still are those few people who don't find fun in that kind fo stuff and would prefer not to take part. That was kind of a choppy example, but I think you get the point
    Thanks.

I was just wondering about you 2 days ago as well as yesterday, then you show up today....strange. :/
    Last edited by ssbb_lover; 04-10-2007 at 05:05 PM.

Super Moderator - PM me if you have any issues.

We Want Young Blood.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ads