LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Wii Mod Chips

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    I'm not exactly sure how to go about finding someone to mod your wii locally, however if it is botched I've heard that nintendo is replacing wii's broken through modding as well. Don't quote me on that, it's just what I've heard. I'm guessing their busy enough that they don't take the time to disassemble the wii's that come in for repairs just to see if the solder is perfect. I guess they're just replacing them and moving on. I wouldn't know tho, my install works fine

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Ya might wanna hold off on a modchip due to the Super Paper Mario dealio.

Might ending up breaking your wii. (And it wouldn't be too fun to have a broken wii if you wanted to just play imports when Nintendo bricks 'em to keep piraters away. I'd wait on the Action Replay dealio)
    That turtle has a brief case. It must be going to work. I hope it has a good day.

Member #
    Friends
    The bricking was because PAL users were updating their wii's with NTSC firmware that was on the disc, it wasn't an intentional action Nintendo did, and it's easily avoidable.

Member #
    Friends
    if you have never solderd before, don't touch the Wii.

a) you will probably break stuff like ribbon cables trying to take it apart.
    b) if your soldering is crap and you bridge points with solder that shouldn't be bridged (eg. you put solder between little points in the Wii that shouldnt be there), you can suff the console.

If you want to try solder something start with one of those old PS1 consoles as they are bigger and easier to solder to inside

Member #
    Friends
    bubs,
    I'm lookin at chipin the wii. sounds like ya have done 1 or 2 already. Its seems pretty easy to solder, as its only 5 points......wondering, is this harder to solder than the xbox? That was cake 4 me and was my first solder attempt

feedback appriciated.
    Later,
    Auk5150

Official Metroid Breeder Zarogan's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    5460-1571-7458-7185
    I have a question, I've been researching and, apparently, the best chips right now are Wiinja Deluxe and Wiikey. From what I've read, Wiinja Deluxe has absolutely no DREs (Disc Read Error), while Wiikey just has very little. Plus, Wiinja Deluxe has the option to turn it off via the Wii's reset button, which I think is very comfortable. But on the other aspects they are basically (if not completely) the same. So from my point of view, Wiinja Deluxe like Wiikey, but better... But I keep finding out that most people say that Wiikey is the best chip available... Does anyone know why?

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    Hi Guys, hope this thread is ok to ask a question in. Basically I bought a Wiinja v2 chip last week, claimed to work on ALL Wii's here in the UK etc etc blah blah... but I had it professionally fitted by an electronics design engineer a few days ago. Wii works perfect but however, I've tried an import game (which it apparently plays) but it doesn't recognise the disc. I've emailled the company where I bought it (www.games4play.com) and i've not had a response.
    Does anyone know of any incompatibility issues with the V2 chip?
    Every disc (backup or import) doesn't work for some reason.
    Any ideas folks?
    Any help/advice greatly appreciated indeed.

Ads