LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Sensor bar on ceiling?

I have a front projection system I want to use with my Wii (it's replacing an XBox.. )

Anyhow, I wondered about positioning of the sensor bar. See this picture for how I wanted to set it up:

The room is about 25 feet. The screen is 92" diag. The projector is about 15 feet from the screen. Which leaves 10+ feet in the back to play the Wii without casting shadows, etc.

So I wondered if mounting the sensor bar on the ceiling would work? Would it have to be pointed a certain way? It would be "behind" the wii as the cubby hole in the wall where the Wii would sit is about 10 feet from the screen (in front of the projector)

I will probably have a lot of playing to do, may even build my own sensor bar, but just curious what people have found as far as placement if it's not right on your TV.

Member #
    Friends
    Well, I find that you have to be within 10 feet of it. So maybe stick the Sensor bar on the bottom of the projector? Not up on top of it. It may not work, you may need to make some wedges to put it at an angle.

Be sure to set the Wii settings to "Above TV"
    Wii Sports, Wii Play, Call of Duty 3, Blazing Angels, Tiger Woods PGA 07, Mariokart 64, Super Mario 64

fullthrottlev6 wii dirtdevil[FTv6]'s Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    My opinion buy the wireless senor bar and place it on top of the middle speaker. I dout the wired sensor bar will work on the ceiling. I have mine on top of my lcd and I have to point it right in the middle or it will be to high and the sensor wont pick it up.

Mau
    Member #
    Friends
    8829-6844-1117-2743
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtdevil[FTv6]
    My opinion buy the wireless senor bar and place it on top of the middle speaker. I dout the wired sensor bar will work on the ceiling. I have mine on top of my lcd and I have to point it right in the middle or it will be to high and the sensor wont pick it up.
    I agree,
    the sensor bar would work on the ceiling only thing, you will not be pointing at the screen, you will be pointing up, it will make no sense... for that set up is better to put it below the tv on top the middle speaker (remember to set it on sensor bar settings below the tv) . Now, I haven't tried a wireless sensor bar, which you should use, so you don't have the cable in the middle. or you can make one yourself, use the search bar, there are plenty of info on it.

Member #
    Friends
    That would be to high. Not sure if I put this right but picking above or below the TV is only going to make pre-set adjustments of where the cursor should appear on the TV vs's the the position of the sensor bar.

Sense the screen is realy big (much bigger then the pre-set screen size adjustments you won't be able to have your aiming be almost exact with the tv like some.

Put it below and you'll have to aim lower, put it above and you'll have to aim higher. Aiming higher would probobly be more comfortable and natural.

Not positive if I'm understanding the system correctly but if I am then then the ceiling is out and on top of the screen would probobly be best.

a;lfjljljf2;lasf

Member #
    Friends
    It should really go above the screen or you are going to have to point to the projector to make it work. There is a wireless sensor bar out which would be your best bet.

Member #
    Friends
    as a person who is running a projector with my wii

on top of the centre speaker as has been mentioned is really your only logical option

just make the wire longer and run it along the floor
    to have it on top of the projector you will have to be about 1.5 metres maybe more behind the projector for that to work properly

good luck
    people have complained about not being able to see the ball fly in golf
    when you have a big screen its not an issue
    tennis and boxing on the big screen is a buzz

love it

oh and its not relevant but my screens bigger than yours
    Last edited by AussieWii; 04-13-2007 at 02:31 AM.

Member #
    Friends
    Does cutting the power wire on the stock sensor and using a 9v battery really work like I've read?

Member #
    Friends
    above the middle speakers is about your only option here

Member #
    Friends
    i put my sensor on top of my center speaker. it works great!!

Ads